a little bit of everything
    Religion
    asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honor for the Housewife?

It seems to me that the housewife gets a bad rap these days. Is anyone else bothered by this? There is a lot of intelligence and pride that goes into taking care of, and running a home and family.

When my 16 year old daughter said that after high school she wanted to get married and have kids, every one looked at her like she was crazy. I am not in the financial situation to stay home with my kids, but i would love to have that chance. Why does society seem to look down on women who want to have a family, instead of a job? Id love to see what other people think on this topic.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 10th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chaostrip View Post
    It seems to me that the housewife gets a bad rap these days. Is anyone else bothered by this? There is a lot of intelligence and pride that goes into taking care of, and running a home and family.

When my 16 year old daughter said that after high school she wanted to get married and have kids, every one looked at her like she was crazy. I am not in the financial situation to stay home with my kids, but i would love to have that chance. Why does society seem to look down on women who want to have a family, instead of a job? Id love to see what other people think on this topic.
    Society (not our own) wants the tradition, values, home life and want to procreate to be abolished in white culture; this only happens to white women. In all other mud cultures, they encourage those scums to stay home and shoot out children like a slot machine in vegas. It is utterly ridiculous and needs to be changed, but we cannot rely on anyone else but our own. We need to support our own people, by from their businesses, encourage women to be mothers and do what is right for our people.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chaostrip View Post
    Why does society seem to look down on women who want to have a family, instead of a job?
    Feminism of course. "Raising a family is male oppression! You are ignorant for supporting the traditional system forced upon females by the male oppressors! Break free of your chains! Do whatever you want in life, you are bound by no one!" etc.

Which is so silly, since females have had the most important role in society [creating and raising the next generation!] and have been [historically] highly honored in Germanic communities.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 06:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes i believe that freedom for women has gone full circle. First they wanted the right to work, and now I think a lot of women would, actually, like to not work.

I seem to hear it from a lot of women that they would like to stay at home and bring up their children (and those that dont say, would probably admit that they would, even if its deep down). The problem is that they dont have a choice!! THEY HAVE TO WORK!!

It is the legacy that todays women have inherited from yesterdays feminists.

Last Online
    Monday, October 28th, 2019 @ 04:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Donauschwaben
    Subrace
    Keltic nordid/Alpinid
    State
    Danube Swabian Community Danube Swabian Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Mad scientist
    Politics
    Politically incorrect
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    OneEye and Hilderinc have said it quite right. White population (women in this case) is being served a story of cruel male oppression through family. They are led to believing that they will never fulfill themselves by being housewives and are made to thinking of the term housewife as something that is repulsive. Media have quite a role in this as they create images of an "ideal, liberated & fulfilled" woman who remains single if not whole life than until her 40's but even then she remains the "super-cool-modern" woman that eventually causes a her husband a heart attack (and that being a good thing since he is the "evil male oppressor"). To shorten it - women are taught that getting drunk and drugged and partying all day and night with lots of men while at the same time exploiting those same men (or exploiting the husband while partying with 100 other men) is a cool thing to do while family and related stuff is boring and oppressing.

Last Online
    Friday, August 30th, 2019 @ 03:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Ireland
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Financial Analyst
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My wife is a housewife, and I am so proud to know that we are doing all we can to fight the destruction of our people.

How have we been convinced that the role of money-earner is more important than the role of child-rearing? The Germanic countries are the wealthiest in the world, yet we have the lowest birth rates in the world. The last thing we need is more money. What we need is more children and to do a better job of passing on our cultures to our children.

I have a lot of respect for women who choose family over career, especially when our society gives them no support and places little value on the product of their efforts. It would be a lot easier to be a house-wife if more people did it because there would be a greater sense of community. If most women were house wives they could spend time together, helping each other out, sharing advice, taking turns watching the kids, and offering companionship, as isolation is one of the great challenges of house-wifedom.

From my experiences with my wife, I think another challenge is the lack of a sense of accomplishment. I get the feeling that my wife is self-conscious of the fact that she doesn't accomplish much during the day. It makes her feel bad when I come home from work and ask what she did that day. If more women stayed home, they would see that they are normal, that they are not expected to show a list of achievements at the end of the day.

I think house-wifedom is every bit as challenging as working for money, but the challenges are more psychological. It takes a strong women to be able to do it competently, and it takes a strong man to giver her the suppport she needs to do it.

One last point: If our culture is to survive, our women must stay home and raise children. Women who work never have more than two children, and we must have more than two per family if we are to compete with the non-Germanics who have far more children than we do.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 07:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Country
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have no problem with women wanting to stay home and raise their children and be there for their husbands.

I do think however think that it should be something that the family can afford. If a family can afford to have only one income that I say "more power to them". I do not think that there should only be one income if there is a strain on the budget and paying bills, if that is the case, then the woman/ or man should go out and work too.