View Poll Results: If you could or would have to move to the South, to which state would you move?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virginia

6 20.69%
  • Kentucky

2 6.90%
  • North Carolina

0 0%
  • South Carolina

0 0%
  • Tennessee

1 3.45%
  • Georgia

0 0%
  • Alabama

0 0%
  • Mississippi

1 3.45%
  • Louisiana

3 10.34%
  • Arkansas

1 3.45%
  • Oklahoma

1 3.45%
  • Texas

9 31.03%
  • Florida

3 10.34%
  • Missouri

0 0%
  • Other (Explain)

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to the South

Last Online
    Saturday, March 10th, 2012 @ 04:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Moving to the South

I changed my major and I am going to be transferring into a new university soon. My university has many "sattelite locations," so I can pretty much attend in any state. I want to move to the south, I have a few ideas on states I want to move to.

Any suggestions on certain states?

-and-

Why would you recommend that state?

This is the first step; after college, I plan on leaving america.

Freethinker "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    New Orleans, LA, of course. David Duke can't be wrong.
    This is a placeholder for a signature.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn View Post
    I would not mind visiting there, but I do not like the swamp or hurricanes.

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    I would not mind visiting there, but I do not like the swamp or hurricanes.
    I share this sentiment. A nice place to visit for a few weeks every other year, if one avoids the black ghettos, that is ... but I wouldn't like to stay there permanently.

Although Duke resides pretty much in a European suburb (right across the street of Ewergrin). Costs of living are comparatively cheap, racial and political perspectives are archetypically Southern and realistic, nice folks. It's not a bad place to stay, I assume, if one can stand the climate. But then again, there is air-con. The climate has no longer the same impact it had for previous generations. It also depends on whether you can arrange yourself as work is concerned.

Any Southern state you like in particular?

What about West Virginia? If you don't mind hills, valleys and forests and aren't a city dweller, it might be ideal. Demographically, it's the soundest state in the entire U.S. While I haven't been there so far, I have only heard positive reports by friends and acquaintances...

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    What about West Virginia? If you don't mind hills, valleys and forests and aren't a city dweller, it might be ideal. Demographically, it's the soundest state in the entire U.S. While I haven't been there so far, I have only heard positive reports by friends and acquaintances...
    Is West Virginia in the South? West Virgina is very beautiful, as with most wild and beautiful places there is little in way of good employment.

Kentucky is not so bad if you live outside of Louisville. The weather is mild and winters are not too cold. Really though things don't start to get good until you get North of the Ohio river, then again I may be biased on this.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    Europid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Reason, Freedom, Justice
    Religion
    Truth, Greatness, Beauty
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Is West Virginia in the South?
    To me, "the South" as a conceptual and cultural area definitely includes the Southern parts of West Virginia (as well as the Southern parts of Kentucky and of Missouri). Geographically, nearly all of West Virginia is embraced by the same degrees of latitude its neighbor Virginia, one of the traditional 11 Dixie states (often referred to as "the traditional South"), occupies. Like Maryland, I'd include WV due to its historical connections.

I suppose we could argue about the precise boundaries of "the South" forever, though, because there simply are none; it's a gradient, at least if one defines it as the (contemporary) cultural area in which the mindset and traditions of Antebellum South survive and are cherished.

What's your two cent?

Last Online
    3 Days Ago @ 05:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    New Orleans is one of the places I have been trying to convince my parents to relocate to. There you can find numerous mostly White neighborhoods and suburbs.
    Unfortunately they are both reluctant to leave Texas(for obvious reasons), but my mother has lately become frightened of the surge of illegals in our hometown. I wrote about how she was confronted by one of these animals in an earlier thread. I think she secretly wants to move but my fathers stay-and-fight mentality prevents her from saying anything. I support his way of thinking 100%, but he is now in his late 70s and suffers from heart problems, and I fully sympathize with my mother's concerns.
    This is why I felt New Orleans would be ideal, as it is not too far from Texas and my father actually lived there for a time before he met my mother. It is also very close to Houston, where a good number of our relatives live.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I share this sentiment. A nice place to visit for a few weeks every other year, if one avoids the black ghettos, that is ... but I wouldn't like to stay there permanently.

Although Duke resides pretty much in a European suburb (right across the street of Ewergrin). Costs of living are comparatively cheap, racial and political perspectives are archetypically Southern and realistic, nice folks. It's not a bad place to stay, I assume, if one can stand the climate. But then again, there is air-con. The climate has no longer the same impact it had for previous generations. It also depends on whether you can arrange yourself as work is concerned.

Any Southern state you like in particular?

I like Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Northern parts of Mississippi/Georgia/Alabama (if they are still white/Germanic like I have heard).

As for the ones that are in the north or mid-america, it would be; Colorado, Idaho, the Dakotas, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebraska.

I am kind of leery of the Carolinas, because I have heard some very negative things about them. It has nothing to do with the good white folk there, just the massive influx of coloreds, gays and vicious left-wing multi-culturalist liberals.

Overall, I am leaning more towards the south, because I like the tradition, the women, the food and the open space. I have grown up in a colored concrete jungle; I am immensely sick of it and want to move to the exact opposite of it when I transfer into my university.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    609 Posts
    To me, "the South" as a conceptual and cultural area definitely includes the Southern parts of West Virginia (as well as the Southern parts of Kentucky and of Missouri). Geographically, nearly all of West Virginia is embraced by the same degrees of latitude its neighbor Virginia, one of the traditional 11 Dixie states (often referred to as "the traditional South"), occupies. Like Maryland, I'd include WV due to its historical connections.

I suppose we could argue about the precise boundaries of "the South" forever, though, because there simply are none; it's a gradient, at least if one defines it as the (contemporary) cultural area in which the mindset and traditions of Antebellum South survive and are cherished.

What's your two cent?
    I always tend to draw the line at the Ohio river, just seems like a good geographic point to me. In the East I go by the traditional Mason/Dixon line. Culturally there are many areas outside the South that have those traditions, mainly because of Southerns moved from those areas to find work in Northern factories. I live a short drive from the Ohio river and I see as many Rebel flags around here as I do in the deep South.

Funny thing though when Southerners come up here to work or vacation the one thing they notice and admire is the 'whiteness' of the Midwest. I tend to believe that people naturally segregate when left alone to their own ideas. Even in the town of West Baden Springs there is still a " coloreds only" church and a sign out front even saying so. There are far fewer racial others in the Midwestern states than any Southern state, so much so that you don't even need a census map, just a drive through the area will tell you that.

One problem with areas like West Virginia is the on going poverty rate. Years ago I started reading about welfare abuse by whites. Every time I hear of West Virginia I think of this documentary:

The Wild and Wonderful Whites

Here is where you can get download the movie for free from netflix
    http://wildandwonderfulwhites.com/

It should be noted that not all people from West Virginia or even the South are like this.

To me these people are created by the dependant welfare system. My best friend married a girl from a family just like the Whites. She shot and robbed him in his sleep two years after the were separated.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Monday, July 16th, 2012 @ 02:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Tree Wizard
    Religion
    Wotanist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey OneEye,

Well, I'm not sure which I would recommend. I've lived all over the place. A wanderer of sorts. I just got a new job ( still logging ) over in Georgia so I'll probably move over there in a couple of months when the kids get out of school.

I've lived in Northeast Alabama for 5 years and 2 days as of today. It's beautiful here, we have very nice mountains, and there is still some of the finest hardwoods left on Earth to be found. So, it's a good place for me to work. And, we will always have good wood here no matter what some think, as we ain't stupid enough to cut them all down ( it's a waste of time in the mountains to cut anything smaller than 16" at chest height anyway ) and smart enough to know that trees do die by themselves if they are left too long (and prevent the growth of younger trees). That's another story though..

I was born in Tennessee, and I've lived in Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Texas in the South. I've also lived in Kansas and Illinois.

Of them all Kentucky was probably the most fun. I lived in Murray where Murray State University is. So, it was kind of a party town, and folks there seemed to have a higher standard of living than most do the further south you get. There are some poor people down here. Without an education or a skilled trade there is hardly any work to be found. Thanks Pedro..!!

That's another thing. There are Mexicans and Guatamalans everywere down here. The Indians ( not our own ) run all the gas stations, liquor stores, motels, and who knows what else. Miscegenation is rampant as well. Maybe, that is all typical of everywhere though.

Me, being me, I'd have to recommend somewhere the mountains are, if by their sheer beauty alone. There ain't hardly no coloureds up in them there mountains neither, and the ones that are know their place.

Later,
    -Lyfing

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast