Throne and Altar
    Religion
    Aryajnana
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Translation

Hey, I didn't know which sub-forum to post this in so I posted it here. Can someone who speaks German help me translate this? My mother has been in communication for about a year or so with a German woman who shares the same great-great grandmother as I do. My mother had a watch passed down to her, but it technically belongs to the woman in Germany's family more than our's (our mutual ancestor married twice, her being the descent of one marriage and my mother another). So my mother, who had no need of the watch, sent it to her. We received a reply, but I cannot make out the overall message trying to be conveyed by using online translation services. I know she is happy and thankful, but it seems like she may be unsure if she can accept it and may wish to send it back?

So I was hoping someone here could translate for me so that my mother doesn't commit some sort of faux pas due to an inaccurate translation. I would be very much obliged. If necessary the mods may delete this thread since I know it cannot be very useful for discussion.

Here is the letter--

Hallo Anita,
    sie ist angekommen.
    Ich bin sprachlos und weiß gar nicht was ich sagen soll - vielen vielen Dank. Ich freue mich riesig - aber kann ich das ueberhaupt annehmen ? Du hast die Uhr doch von der Tante geerbt und wolltest diese bestimmt an deine Tochter weitergeben. Ich glaube die Uhr wollte nicht nach Deutschland, darum ist sie immer wieder zu dir zurück gekommen.
    Es ist eine wunderschoene Uhr. Ich werde mal einen Uhrmacher fragen, ob man sie zum Gehen bringen kann.

Womit kann ich dir so eine Freude machen? Vielleicht hast du einen Wunsch, den ich dir erfuellen kann?

Ganz liebe Gruesse von einer sehr ueberraschten
    Christel

Last Online
    Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There you go:

Hallo Anita,
    It has arrived.
    I am speechless and don’t know at all what to say – many many thanks. I am delighted – but can I really accept it? You inherited the watch from your aunt after all and would surely want to pass this on to your daughter. I believe the watch did not want to come to Germany, that’s why it came back to you time and again. It is a very beautiful watch. I will go and ask a watchmaker whether it can be brought to run.

With what can I make you just as happy? Perhaps you have a wish that I can fulfill for you?

Dearest greetings from someone who is very surprised.
    Christel