Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the English People Really Germans?

Last Online
    Sunday, March 4th, 2012 @ 09:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I believe it is fair to say that the vast majority of the white English population is effectively German, or at least 'Germanic'.

I had a genealogical DNA test aged 16 (two years ago) while on a school trip to some labs in Cambridgeshire, along with the rest of my Biology class who were also on this trip. Within a few weeks of the test, I received my results which suggested that my genetics are typical of those belonging to those living on the Danish/German border. In saying this, my grandfather was German.

However, the rest of my classmates (all white English) received similar results. The vast majority had genetics typical of those living in North/North West Germany. If I remember correctly, I think a couple received results typical of those in central Germany. THIS is why I think the English are Germanic. I know it's only a small sample (perhaps 16-20 students), but I'm sure it's representative of the vast majority of white English people.

Last Online
    Thursday, December 22nd, 2016 @ 06:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Less then 5% of English man have the genetics left here by Germanic invaders,so no,the English are native as native can be.

Last Online
    Friday, December 16th, 2011 @ 05:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Englisc
    Country
    England England
    State
    Wessex Wessex
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Rune maker
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Eye View Post
    Less then 5% of English man have the genetics left here by Germanic invaders,so no,the English are native as native can be.
    I think you have that wrong my friend, only 5% of english blood is norman and they are the land owners. The vast majority of white english have germanic blood.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wulfsige For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, June 25th, 2012 @ 06:36 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    North Carolina North Carolina
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    According to the latest studies Im pretty sure this guy is right.

I thought this myth had already been debunked?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    British military historian R.Grenfell estimated the Germanic blood share (Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Danes, Norse---in that order) inside the English population (Wales, Scotland, Ireland exculded) to 70% ---in 1953 (!)---when the UK was 98% "White British".

The official numbers however have changed: As of 2007 only 81,7% of the English population are "White British" (=English, Welsh, Scots, Irish) nowadays.

Even the most optimistic calculation considering that NO mixing (just the opposite is true) had occurred between Germanic, Celtic and Romano-British elements would then reduce the Grand Total of Germanic people to below the 50% figure of the total population.

This makes England to a country where people of Germanic stock are a minority, thus it is you that is right:
    England is not a Germanic nation.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 @ 09:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Frisian
    Ancestry
    Predominately Frisian
    Country
    Frisia Frisia
    State
    Frisia Frisia
    Married
    Religion
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    England is only Germanic due to the language classification.

The Anglo-Saxon-Frisian-Jute invasion gave them a Germanic tongue and left behind some Germanic settlements. I believe most Germanic blood, in the Briton England comes from enclaves of Germanic settlements.

The English throne is quasi-Germanic, as they do have a bit more German blood than the general populace.

Last Online
    Thursday, January 19th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM
    Ethnicity
    Atlantic RhD-
    Ancestry
    England,Asturias,Scotland
    Country
    England England
    Single adult
    Politics
    Imperialism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To acheive a full genetic replacement of Brythonic blood with German the Saxons would need to have bought about a million settlers over hundreds of years with an equal number of men as women. They only had small boats and they didn't migrate in enough numbers, what happened was a small number of warrior males settled and interbred with the natives and introduced a germanic language and foriegn pagan religion.

The pre germanic native population of the British Isles is often wrongly called Celtic (especially by Scottish and Welsh Nationalists) because of the language but the continental Celts only settled on a very small scale like the Germanics and introduced their language along with agricultural methods and metalworking technology. 95% or more of the islands blood is from a mysterious origin that probably developed from the Basques after the Ice Age, the English are still of the same stock that built Stonehenge. So the argument that multiculturalists use to support immigration - 'Anglo Saxons were immigrants too' is meaningless because immigrant blood makes up only a few percent.

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 01:03 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Engaged
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    ^ A lot of us have more recent Germanic blood

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    GPWW
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Mitford View Post
    ^ A lot of us have more recent Germanic blood
    Yes, dear Unity. If 70% of the past population of England (1953) were of Germanic stock then still 40-50% of today's English people (please note that only 81,7% of the population are "White British" after official census 2007).

I also know and accept that one of the Highpriests of modern Germanism and pan-Germanism, Houston Stewart Chamberlain, was an Englishman.

See thread:

H.S.Chamberlain: The Foundations of the 19th Century
    http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=137093

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    . So the argument that multiculturalists use to support immigration - 'Anglo Saxons were immigrants too' is meaningless because immigrant blood makes up only a few percent.
    Well, no one invited the Anglo-Saxons to sail over the North Sea and settle there, especially not the Romano-British (descendants of the Romans, the 'Italo' group within the English population) who did held much of territory of later England at the time. And also the Picts and other Celtic tribes did not welcome the new people, especially not when the first Saxon Kingdom expanded into Celtic lands after the Romano-British resistance collapsed.

So yes, in a certain way the multicultural propagandists ("diversity is our strength !") are not too far off when saying that Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Danes and Norse were themselves "unwelcome" intruders at one time.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    40 Minutes Ago @ 07:46 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    East Norwegian + distant Finnish
    Subrace
    Nordid + reduced CM
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Occupation
    Traditional Craftsman
    Politics
    Family, Nation & Nature
    Religion
    Heathen Worldview
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCP3 View Post
    So yes, in a certain way the multicultural propagandists ("diversity is our strength !") are not too far off when saying that Anglo-Saxons, Jutes, Danes and Norse were themselves "unwelcome" intruders at one time.
    The significant difference between those ancient migrations and the more recent ones, though, is that the past invasions were lividly opposed by the natives at the time (be that at the time of the Celts, the British-Romans, or the Anglo-Saxons). They sacrificed their very lives to protect their homelands from foreign influx and domination.

If the multiculturalists attempt to use the past waves of immigration and invasion to the benefit of their cause, they are forgetting that if foreign influence has ever made England a better country, it is precisely because all attempts of foreign domination was resisted by the natives, working as a safety mechanism that [most usually] only let superior people than their own to gain roots in their Nation.

But due to the onset of egalitarianism, democracy and 'human rights', this aspect of 'native resistance' has nearly all withered away, and the role of quality as the helm of the Nation's direction forward is more or less entirely replaced by quantity, which is why inferior people are gaining hold in our lands and growing by the day. Paradoxically, it is only by rigidly resisting these foreign influences that one honors one's multi-ethnic origins.
    A nation is an organic thing, historically defined.
    A wave of passionate energy which unites past, present and future generations

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Žoreišar For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast