Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dutch Soldiers Captured in Lybia

  1. #1
    Senior Member Wychaert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 @ 03:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Gelderland
    Subrace
    Borreby/Dalofaelid/Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Gelderland Gelderland
    Location
    Betuwenaar in Salland
    Gender
    Family
    Married parent
    Politics
    Volks
    Religion
    Odalist
    Posts
    661
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    156
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

    Dutch Soldiers Captured in Lybia

    http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...03-703880.html

    I wonder what would happen with these man!
    ''Ginds de Waal, daar weer de IJssel, dan de Maas en ook de Rijn. Geeft ons recht om heel ons leven trots op Gelderland te zijn.''

  2. #2
    Senior Member wittwer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Posts
    719
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Danish Marines Surrender

    Well, since technically they could be construed to be invaders of the territory of Libya, hopefully they will be treated as prisoners of war and granted all of the provisions under the Geneva Convention or their situation could become more dark and horrendous for them. Gaddaffi and company have already released the two civilians that the Dutch Marines were trying to rescue. I wonder what this is going to cost the Dutch Government?

    Btw, change the header from Danish to Dutch. Sorry for that...
    Last edited by wittwer; Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: chg. nationality

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Friday, March 23rd, 2018 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Celtic-Germanic
    Gender
    Posts
    437
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I thought western forces would be in Libya by now, I wonder what will happen now the 'cat's out of the bag' on foreign involvement.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch, Danish, German
    Ancestry
    Saxon/Frisian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Gender
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Lex Naturalis/ Blut und Boden
    Posts
    420
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another shameful chapter has been added to our "proud" military liberal history of the passed 300 years.

    It makes me sick.
    I know some guys in the Special forces who can hold their ground on any given day against the SAS or NaVy Seals. They despise this lack of courage, political non iterest too.

    I can't believe we have a "professional" army and our navy (for crying out loud, our "proud" NAVY! ) decides to send one helicopter without any armed Marines into a warzone....There were some 50-100 special forces on board of that ship from which the chopper left.
    Thank you captain, thank you politicians for screwing up again after Sebrenica.

    The captain, made captain because he supports the liberal leftist forces in Holland: "No you guys in the Lynx just go, leave when you are being attacked. You won't need Royal Dutch Marine Corps support. By the way, they are finishing a card game so I can t disturb them."

    Liberalism, the Green party, Socialists......we as a people are poisened with their ideas of pacifism.
    Few Dutch in recent history did fight till their last bullet (1940-1945, under the Waffen SS banner in Wiking)

  5. #5
    Senior Member RoyBatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 @ 07:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Paleface
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Gender
    Occupation
    Arbeit Macht Frei
    Politics
    Rightwing / Socialist
    Posts
    2,419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    A Lynx is a smallish helicopter anyway, you can't get many personnel into it. Not sure what they were planning / thinking to leave 3 people out there.

    Anyway, it's unlikely that they'll come to any harm. Things are confused in the country but neither Ghaddafi nor the anti-Ghaddafi crowd have any interest in harming those guys. They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time caught up in a mess and sent on a poorly planned and executed mission.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch, Danish, German
    Ancestry
    Saxon/Frisian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Gender
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Lex Naturalis/ Blut und Boden
    Posts
    420
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
    A Lynx is a smallish helicopter anyway, you can't get many personnel into it. Not sure what they were planning / thinking to leave 3 people out there.

    Anyway, it's unlikely that they'll come to any harm. Things are confused in the country but neither Ghaddafi nor the anti-Ghaddafi crowd have any interest in harming those guys. They were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time caught up in a mess and sent on a poorly planned and executed mission.
    Thats my point, all military actions start with decent planning.
    We Dutch have had Sebrenica (I am talking about a military defeat there, not the failure of protecting muslims), which was an utter failure and one of the black pages in our military history.

    Here we go, 15 years onwards and politicians and officers still haven't learned anything.
    We, the Dutch, are planning a police mission to Kunduz,Afghanistan because our politicians believe there is no war in Kunduz and if it is...we will be protected by German forces ( Who are conscripts and Germany will leave within 6 months while our brave police officers will get there.....)

    It s getting more than shameful, regarding our politicians and officers.

  7. #7
    Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Hersir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Posts
    6,008
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    870
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    639
    Thanked in
    289 Posts
    Hope they get out with their health intact

  8. #8
    Senior Member RoyBatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Online
    Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 @ 07:34 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Paleface
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Gender
    Occupation
    Arbeit Macht Frei
    Politics
    Rightwing / Socialist
    Posts
    2,419
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Thats my point, all military actions start with decent planning.
    We Dutch have had Sebrenica (I am talking about a military defeat there, not the failure of protecting muslims), which was an utter failure and one of the black pages in our military history.

    Here we go, 15 years onwards and politicians and officers still haven't learned anything.
    We, the Dutch, are planning a police mission to Kunduz,Afghanistan because our politicians believe there is no war in Kunduz and if it is...we will be protected by German forces ( Who are conscripts and Germany will leave within 6 months while our brave police officers will get there.....)

    It s getting more than shameful, regarding our politicians and officers.
    Yeah I suspect that what's happened here (and what usually happens) is that the Politicians place the military in impossible situations by ordering them on ill-conceived and planned missions and expecting them to "deliver".

    The military commanders often then try to force those orders through instead of telling the politicians that their plans / schemes are BS and unworkable. End result = the mess that one has now.....

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mjolnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch, Danish, German
    Ancestry
    Saxon/Frisian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    Gender
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Lex Naturalis/ Blut und Boden
    Posts
    420
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
    Yeah I suspect that what's happened here (and what usually happens) is that the Politicians place the military in impossible situations by ordering them on ill-conceived and planned missions and expecting them to "deliver".

    The military commanders often then try to force those orders through instead of telling the politicians that their plans / schemes are BS and unworkable. End result = the mess that one has now.....
    My point exactly.
    The Dutch military has had some shamefull "accidents" the last couple of years, not to mention ages ( except for the Dutch Waffen SS and the Dutch in Indonesia/Dutch Indies. The Dutch won the latter war, but lost the politics ofcourse.....)

    It s about leadership and moral. Nobody wants to die for this government or international cowardness which is displayed by our fellow European partners.

    Who is wiling to risk their lives for liberalism anyway? Screwing over your own offspring, as easily as disrespecting ones heritage and forefathers, our Blut und Boden.

Similar Threads

  1. Eight Danes Captured by Pirates
    By Permafrost in forum Denmark
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: Friday, September 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
  2. Ratko Mladic Captured
    By Rocky v in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Thursday, July 29th, 2010, 01:40 AM
  4. Finnish, Dutch, and German soldiers meet in EU battlegroup exercise
    By Rongoteus in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, November 21st, 2006, 05:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •