View Poll Results: My partner...

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • ... shouldn't be older/younger than me (a month or two are no problem)

6 2.70%
  • ... can be up to 2 years younger than me

33 14.86%
  • ... can be up to 5 years younger than me

52 23.42%
  • ... can be up to 10 years younger than me

38 17.12%
  • ... can be more than 10 years younger than me

39 17.57%
  • ... can be up to 2 years older than me

25 11.26%
  • ... can be up to 5 years older than me

44 19.82%
  • ... can be up to 10 years older than me

28 12.61%
  • ... can be more than 10 years older than me

24 10.81%
  • ... can have any age - I don't care about it. Love knows no limits.

47 21.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Age Differences in Relationships

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    ...and often not from the orphanage that's the closest. eyes:

Exactly.

Mass media publicize a good way to resolve the problem of birth rate today : an adoption from.......CAMERUN. (alternatively CONGO)

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Saturday, June 11th, 2016 @ 12:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    CM-Atlantidish
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    I have several older friends, old enough to be my father sort of thing, with girlfriends or wives my age. Actually, this occasionally includes my father... Damned irritating at times, when these girls are a bit flirty with you! But fun. :p

As for myself, I went out with a 19 year old around a year ago. There was some incompatibility in it, and it ended. It takes you out of your stride to hear that they don't even remember Gorbachev in power. And you usually end up getting on with their mother better, despite yourself. Apart from that brief toying with the selfish wicked cynical idea of "get a younger one and not have to commit to too much", shame on me , I've generally preferred the same age, but it can sober you when at my sort of time of life you come to realise just how they realise that their biological clock is ticking away. I'm very soon going to have to put my money where my mouth is and stand by my avowed principles of having a large healthy family.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've always been attracted to older men. I'm sure a lot of it is Nature, but I know much of it is Nurture. I view relationships as small businesses of a sort, partnerships obviously. Perhaps boring or unromantic to some, but it works just fine for me. Growing up, I've done a lot of projects and have forwarded many endeavors, most of which I was the youngest in the pair or group. I find that I have three sorts of relationships in my life:

Submissive relationships, where I take direction from another person, where I view very little as negotiable and I place all of my trust in them. This kind of relationship is pretty rare and I'm not even sure if I'm in any at this point.

Domineering relationships, where I give direction to another person, where my word is taken on almost all counts, and I am the trusted "guide". Most of my associations are this sort of relationship, and at the moment all three of my major friendships are. People tend to find me reliable and knowledgeable.

Equal relationships are just about as rare as submissive relationships to me. It is uncommon that someone and I can share perspective on something, give and take equally, and still make things workable. The couple equal relationships I've had tend to be the most successful in terms of getting things done properly and in good spirits. When someone has respect for my knowledge about certain things, and I have respect for their knowledge about others. All of the relationships I've had like this have been with severely older people.

This might just be because most kids my age and younger only know about a set number of things which I either don't care about or have use for, or I all ready know. Most of my friends have knowledge about the same things that I do, but they get some sort of guidance from me, so they are submissive in the relationship. It's very rare that someone is my teacher, but not my student. I would hope to have an equal relationship with my husband, meaning that neither he nor I gets far more out of it than the other. I don't see this as being possible with someone close to my age or younger, as it hasn't shown itself as being possible, yet.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, September 11th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Paganist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Next World View Post
    Equal relationships are just about as rare as submissive relationships to me. It is uncommon that someone and I can share perspective on something, give and take equally, and still make things workable

The most critical and controversial point of any relationship on this earth. "Equality", doesn't exist.............one of the 2 partners is doomed to be in a more difficult "position" in comparison to the other one.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 23rd, 2008 @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hussar View Post
    The most critical and controversial point of any relationship on this earth. "Equality", doesn't exist.............one of the 2 partners is doomed to be in a more difficult "position" in comparison to the other one.
    Let me have my bit of romanticism, would you, lol. Benefit is somewhat subjective. It is possible that two people who the rest of the world views as contributing on an unequal level feel that they are contributing equally. Enabling other peoples' positive qualities is often seen as a minimal thing, but one of the greater parts of life. What we do and don't do as individuals would probably be a lot different if all of the little things other individuals do for us were taken away.
    Polygamy: it might not be for you, but what right do you have to keep it from me?

Last Online
    Friday, November 7th, 2008 @ 06:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator X View Post
    If I could sit around, look pretty, occupy myself with idleness and luxury and then have a good-looking, intelligent, older woman drag me back to her nest... I'd do that.
    Are you sure? Sitting around and looking pretty takes a lot of hard work, risk, sacrifice, and research!

Regarding the age gap: My dating adventures have led me to the conclusion that a person's "age" doesn't represent much of anything.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Family
    Married parent
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

What age gap is there between you and your partner?

What age gap is there between you and your partner?

So, simple question.

Last Online
    Sunday, March 21st, 2010 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Old Stock American
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Family
    I Love Him!
    Occupation
    Women-ness.
    Politics
    Liberal/Traditional
    Religion
    Spiritual
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Lyfing is 6 months older than me
    "We've become a nation of strangers. There seems to be very little in common to bond us to our fellow Americans outside of our immediate families,some don't even have that to fall back on."

Last Online
    Thursday, July 28th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon & Swedish
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'm about a year and a third older.

Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2009 @ 08:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Welsh/Scandinavian
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    student/Bar supervisor
    Politics
    mixed
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Post Marriage Banned if Age Gap Over 25 Years

Egypt bans 92-year-old from marrying teenage bride

CAIRO (AFP) - Egyptian authorities have banned a 92-year-old Saudi man from marrying a poor teenage girl 75 years his junior, a judicial source said on Saturday.

The justice ministry made its ruling under a law designed to prevent wealthy Arabs from the Gulf from snapping up young Egyptian girls and which forbids marriage when there is an age gap of 25 years or more.

The unidentified Saudi holidaymaker proposed marriage to a 17-year-old village girl and offered a dowry of about 28,000 dollars as well as gold jewellery, the source said.

"Her parents, who are very poor, accepted," he told AFP.

But the justice ministry refused to register to marriage, citing the legislation brought in during the Gulf oil boom.

However, according to Egypt's Al-Akhbar newspaper, the authorities allowed 173 such marriages last year after the foreign husbands paid the equivalent of 8,000 dollars into the Egyptian National Bank.
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2008061...t-7f81b96.html

Has she and her family just been saved by the state, or have they ruined a union that could be beneficial to both parties? Should the state interfear in such cases?
    Cattle die, kinsmen die,
    the self must also die;
    but glory never dies,
    For the one who is able to achieve it.

Sayings of the High One.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast