Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I Feel Threatened That Someone is Aiming Their Gun at Our House

One of our neighbors bragged to my father that he owns a gun (though he didn't say anything about shooting it around here) and my father said it felt as if he was trying to intimidate him. We've been hearing gunshots late at night (20 times and up) and we are pretty sure it's not legal to shoot like that. A couple of times we've also noticed red lasers bleeding in through our windows like someone with a gun laser is aiming their gun at our house . We do have some enemies around here, so it makes me a little nervous. Do you think someone could be planning to scare/intimidate us or even shoot us? Are gun lasers red? Should we be worried about it?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would be VERY worried about it, and take action fast!

Call the cops 911 and give them the spiel on what's going on inside your neighborhood with all of the details. Tell them about the gunshots, the red laser and that you feel frightened or nervous about it. They will visit your neighborhood and be on the watch for this suspect(s).

Just the fact that your hearing gunshots in your neighboorhood, the police need to know about it because its a serious issue.

The lasers you're seeing may very well be a gun laser.

Even though its possible the neighbour could be just showing off his gun, prepare for the worst case scenario and keep the frame of mind that someone may very well be attacking your house because that IS possible. So take action fast, without delay.

That's what I would do if I was in your situation.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Norse
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Of course someone could be trying to scare you. They probably don't plan to shoot you because they wouldn't let you onto it before they tried it if they're smart. Gun lasers are red, but so are regular laser pointers like teachers use. In this world that is crazier than it ever has been, yes you should be worried. But probably not for your life. I would be worried more about vandalism. If you and your dad don't feel safe, you could suggest to him to put solar film on your windows. It's not bulletproof, but it will hold the window together as an impassable barrier keeping bad people out even if it is beaten with a baseball bat.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I would be VERY worried about it, and take action fast!

Call the cops and give them the spiel on what's going on inside your neighborhood with all of the details. Tell them about the gunshots, the red laser and that you feel frightened or nervous about it. They will visit your neighborhood and be on the watch for this suspect(s).

Just the fact that your hearing gunshots in your neighboorhood, the police need to know about it because its a serious issue.

Even though its possible the neighbour could be just showing off his gun, prepare for the worst case scenario and keep the frame of mind that someone may very well be attacking your house because that IS possible. So take action fast, without delay.

That's what I would do if I was in your situation.
    The problem is, my parents are very skeptical people and don't like to do anything like that. They think its just some kid messing around (which still could be something to worry about). I know they will never call the cops, so should I do it myself? I would get in big trouble if they found out I had reported it.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    The problem is, my parents are very skeptical people and don't like to do anything like that. They think its just some kid messing around (which still could be something to worry about). I know they will never call the cops, so should I do it myself? I would get in big trouble if they found out I had reported it.
    Tell your parents that you're really nervous and that you think that someone should call 911 because there could possibly be an attacker in the neighborhood. Tell them that if they don't agree, that you will report it yourself.

Which would be worse?

Getting in trouble with your parents or possibly risk getting shot. Your parents will thank you if in the end your decision saved their lives and possibly the lives of others.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Norse
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You shouldn't call 911 for something that isn't immediately happening and an emergency. If you want the police to get involved, you should call the sheriff.

Last Online
    Friday, September 30th, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Ancestry
    Austria, Sweden, Scotland
    Subrace
    Nordid-Cromagnoid
    Country
    Austria Austria
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    People are unpredictable. I would stay on the safe side and get this investigated as soon as possible. Of course, have a good chat with your folks first, and really tell them your concerns. Laser sights in your windows is not a good sign in any case.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 07:22 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    European-American, mostly Germanic
    Subrace
    Reduced Borreby
    Country
    Family
    single adult
    Occupation
    College student
    Politics
    Capitalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totenkopf View Post
    People are unpredictable. I would stay on the safe side and get this investigated as soon as possible. Of course, have a good chat with your folks first, and really tell them your concerns. Laser sights in your windows is not a good sign in any case.
    The reason we knew what the gun laser was is because we watched it on a British spy show but I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Some people could be going psychopath because of the economy. This contracter guy near us couldn't sell any of his houses that he built, but I seriously doubt he would shoot anybody or even be behind this, but its enough to make me a little nervous. Anytime the economy gets bad, the cases of mental illness go up.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    The reason we knew what the gun laser was is because we watched it on a British spy show but I wasn't sure if it was real or not.

Some people could be going psychopath because of the economy. This contracter guy near us couldn't sell any of his houses that he built, but I seriously doubt he would shoot anybody or even be behind this, but its enough to make me a little nervous. Anytime the economy gets bad, the cases of mental illness go up.
    Well personally I would consider the "Red Laser" sight a toy. Although it is probably not illegal to shoot a weapon on your own property, I would say it has to be done in a correct way.

IE the weapon would have to be discharged into a berm or some sort of back stop.
    My neighbor does this all the time. but he has an area out behind his house specifically designed the shoot into. I don't have this so I go to a range.

Going "psychopath" as you put it is not an excuse for abuse of a weapon. If this person is pointing a weapon at your windows and such, then he does not need a weapon, and is not a responsible fire arms owner, and you need to report him before someone gets hurt.

That is just my opinion.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 @ 11:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I also think you should talk to your parents. With no hysterics just try to talk to them and explain that you're realy scared and you will be nervous if they wont call to police. Maybe since they are your parents they at least will carry your mental peace and will finaly take measures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast