Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I don't have anything against the Japanese but I do feel you are seeing their culture through rose coloured glasses.
    I think that this is what we tend to do with all foreign cultures, we pick out the pieces that suit us best and forget about the rest. Also: the market tends to select for us the aspects of the culture that are most marketable in our culture; thus we get a Japanese experience based on samurais, suchi, Hello Kitty and cartoons, totally void of all the things that would bother us or simply feel too foreign.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    I don't have anything against the Japanese but I do feel you are seeing their culture through rose coloured glasses.

Their anime and music is inspired by the West and isn't that traditionally relevent to them or us. Many of their tv programs are based on humiliation via painful or embaressing acts being performed. Suicide rate is the highest in the world, birth rate is lowest in the world, they shun their own people who emigrate elsewhere.

Whatever politeness they have is probably very strained and although I believe in manners I hate it when I feel like people are just going through the motions.

I would like to see the West go back to its own traditions and traditional culture and regain it's sense of pride and identity rather than copy the Japanese who I feel are just as lost as we are.
    Oh no, please, do not assume I am saying we should try to be like the Japanese, their culture works for them, because it is what they should be doing, it's a good culture for the Japanese, because they are Japanese. It would be like forcing African culture on us (hey look what happened there...), anyway though, what I mean is that they represent a cultural homogeneity we should try to reflect, not a culture we should reflect.
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

Eala Freia Fresena
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Monday, July 29th, 2019 @ 12:24 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Stephen Flowers aka Edred Thorson writes in one of his many book about his experiences as a kid: He encountered native indians and wanted to be like them, be part of them and he scorned being born a white guy.

He said it was not the culture he was mostly interested in but what shun through it, there is something behind a culture which is divine and that in itself has an attraction.

Western culture lost it, has a long tradition of Christianity, which is not really western and now has nothing divine or a path to it. Slowly germanic preservation and religion is coming up and will be able to give something to people. when our Gods are fully awake they will create something very powerful. What I can see is that germanic culture went through that bottom point and slowly is getting up whereas cultures like the japanese are heading for the bottom.

I know it is difficult to develope a relationship with germanic religion as so many things got lost, but it is a duty and also rewarding to do.

Germanic cultures are like a sponge and take in whatever is there. From what I see, many cultures are dying and going extinct. their wisdom and knowledge will be preserved in germanic culture.

I personally don't see it as very bad to study different cultures, the question is always do I take in a foreign culture/religion or am I taken in by it.

There is nothing to say against learning, even if one has to study other cultures to understand one's own better.

After all, we might be the ones who preserves culture and religion as the only ones.

To take all this in and make it our own is a tremendous task and it might be what our Gods want. Many religions are based on ancient aryan people so they are not that far away.

Even the SS looked into other religion and cultures, among them the japanese and their warrior culture. they wanted to adopt it and most likely did. that for me is a positive transformation of a foreign culture to adapt into modern germanic culture.

Beside warrior cultures there are many things to work on.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Well, I guess the obsession is mutual. Just watch the typical animes and mangas and you´ll see that the character design is extremely European- and Western-orientated: Very large blue or green eyes (while Japanese have dark, slanted, mongoloid eyes), hair colors of all shades (while Japanese are black-haired like all East Asians) and a more Europid morphology of their characters. Many of the anime stories deal with European people and respective events of the past. Or they mix European and Asian culture together. It´s very clear that Japanese people are obsessed with European looks.

Don´t feel ashamed for your former Anime&Mange hysteria. I watched series like Sailormoon or Mila Superstar when I was younger, too. They have a gift to tell stories.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 1st, 2019 @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Baltic Prussian, English, German
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Early pre-trinitarian Christiani
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Any country that has vending machines with soiled schoolgirl knickers to smell on sale strikes me as somewhat lacking in morals.

What really makes me detest the Japanese is, and in common with lots of Asian countries, is thier total lack of empathy, thier souless cruelty.

Do not watch this video if you have any feelings for intelligent animals, after watching it I wrote an e-mail to the Japanese Prime Minister telling him what a C**t I though he and his people where for allowing such attrocieties.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin

Last Online
    Saturday, July 7th, 2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Rossa View Post
    Do not watch this video if you have any feelings for intelligent animals, after watching it I wrote an e-mail to the Japanese Prime Minister telling him what a C**t I though he and his people where for allowing such attrocieties.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin
    Why are they 'benign and innocent' animals and other animals we kill and eat are not? Because they look cute and have a smiley face?

How is it different from western fishing/hunting and factory farming?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    Why are they 'benign and innocent' animals and other animals we kill and eat are not? Because they look cute and have a smiley face?

How is it different from western fishing/hunting and factory farming?
    Did you watch the film?

Whilst I agree in the west such things as factory farming are cruel, at least we have laws requiring the humanae killing of animals, we dont drag live dolphins along the road behind lorries, we dont skin dogs alive so that thier intense fear make them taste better, there really is no excuse for defending that level of cruelty against intelligent animals regardless of wiether thay are cute or not. What did you feel when you heard thier screaming?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Rossa View Post
    Did you watch the film?

Whilst I agree in the west such things as factory farming are cruel, at least we have laws requiring the humanae killing of animals, we dont drag live dolphins along the road behind lorries, we dont skin dogs alive so that thier intense fear make them taste better, there really is no excuse for defending that level of cruelty against intelligent animals regardless of wiether thay are cute or not.
    I've seen dolphins being entrapped and then stabbed to death. How would you otherwise kill them? And do you think it's more pleasant when dolphins end up in the nets of some of our fishing fleets and suffocate? (it's not like those huge nets are selective)

I'm all for using the most humane methods available, but these videos are done by leftists/liberals and they mainly argue on a purely emotional basis with all reason going out the window, which is my main problem with them ("Look at those cute dophins - they're benign innocent beings! And poor mothers are trying to protect their offspring!"). If there should be a more humane method to kill them, why not propose that to the fishers? But that's not their concern, they just want them to stop completely.

Seeing videos of how animals are being slaughtered industrially is sickening too. Even if one tries to make it the least painful by trying to make them unconscious first, killing is still killing and will not be a nice thing to see. If you see their fear (and they scream too) when they're being forced to their slaughtering place, how sometimes the bolt pistol doesn't immediately knock them unconscious and they need to hit them 2-3 times in the head until they're out, and then they still jerk around while they're bleeding out hanging on some hook - I'm sure they can make some emotional videos about that too. But I guess cows are not cute enough, and since most people in the west eat them, they won't accept it that easily. But with dolphins being traditionally hunted in a small village in some asian country - yeah, we can bash that and feel self-righteous about it.

Here is a video of how these leftists behave in Japan:

(the video showing their own video material in full length of them harassing fishers has been removed, I wonder why)
    They're just spoiled assholes with no respect for other cultures.

And the likes of Sea Sheperd also attack scandinavian fishermen doing their work, endangering their lives and even sinking ships from time to time.

I just hope that some day they will have their comeuppance and someone will sink them in return - I'll say good riddance.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    I've seen dolphins being entrapped and then stabbed to death. How would you otherwise kill them? .
    So you still havnt actually watched the film I posted yet?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    They seem to cut their throats open, just like we do with cows. Perhaps using bolt guns on Dolphins is not possible? I personally have no idea. And actually it's the same as what we allow in our own countries to be done with kosher and halal slaughter on a much larger scale for no reason at all.

But why don't they simply advocate a better method of doing it, if there is one? I'm sure the fishermen of the village wouldn't object, as they just want to earn their living.

And why don't they protest in the same way against kosher/halal slaughter in our own countries?

Their main point is not how it's done, but that it's done. They generally blame them for killing Dolphins, not for killing them in a cruel way. This whole campaign is just a play on emotions, because people in the west are infatuated with cute looking Dolphins. You don't think they would change their mind, if the Japanese would find a way to electrecute them before slitting their throats? And that's what I find hypocritical. The animals we eat are not less benign or less innocent.

And I also find it hypocritical to single out and detest/hate the Japanese, while we allow kosher and halal slaughter in our countries, and have a lot of other cruel practices too.

As for western countries and the cute factor, what about seal hunting practiced in countries like Canada, Denmark/Greenland, Norway, Russia:

Aren't these benign and innocent creatures too?

And concerning cruelty, what about the way the French kill frogs:
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frosch_(Lebensmittel)
    Natur- und Tierschutzorganisationen kritisieren die als grausam und tierquälerisch bezeichneten Schlachtungsmethoden der zum Verzehr genutzten Frösche. Oft wird dem lebendigen Frosch an einer feststehenden Messerklinge der Hinterleib von übrigen Rumpf abgetrennt. Der nicht verwendete Vorderteil des noch lebenden Tieres (Kopf und Rumpf mit Vorderbeinen) wird meist verworfen.

Google translate:
    Nature and animal protection groups criticize the measures described as cruel and inhumane methods of slaughter for human consumption used frogs. Often the living frog on a stationary blade of the abdomen is separated from other body. The unused front of the living animal (head and body with front legs) is usually discarded.
    Or another nice French practice:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foie_gras
    Foie gras is a food product made of the liver of a duck or goose that has been specially fattened. This fattening is typically achieved through gavage (force-feeding) corn, according to French law,[1] though outside of France it is occasionally produced using natural feeding. (..)

Gavage-based foie gras production is controversial due to the force feeding procedure used. A number of countries and other jurisdictions have laws against force feeding or the sale of foie gras.
    And what about animals having to spend their whole live in such conditions, barely being able to move?

The West really looks morally superior now, does it?

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast