Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is It DNA Tests Don't Show African Ancestry for All People?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question How is It DNA Tests Don't Show African Ancestry for All People?

I always hear humans came out of Africa, yet I've heard of a lot of people getting no % African on DNA tests. Why?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TechFin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 @ 11:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFin View Post
    I always hear humans came out of Africa, yet I've heard of a lot of people getting no % African on DNA tests. Why?
    Perhaps what they define as 'African DNA' are the genes which have differentiated after the people branched/split off at some point.

I mean we all share common genes: we all have two eyes, a nose, two arms, two legs, a heart, etc.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I think it goes without saying that DNA tests only look for race-specific markers, not markers common to all races. Also, commercial DNA tests are far from reliable anyway.

This graph is more useful for admixture analysis:

(Sorry, I have no idea how to make it enlargeable)

The first two are African. The one that says 'anish' is Spanish, not Danish.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    My guess is that modern Africans and the "original humans" are the same thing.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Seems the original humans were not black.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, June 30th, 2017 @ 09:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Other Other
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    Seems the original humans were not black.
    How do you figure? If modern humans left Africa roughly 100,000 years ago they must have been black at that time, surely?
    Close observation may result in feelings of horror, wonder and awe at world you find yourself inhabiting.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Horned God View Post
    How do you figure? If modern humans left Africa roughly 100,000 years ago they must have been black at that time, surely?
    Hmm, there must have been multiple races present in Africa back then. The ones who left and colonized the world were slightly more evolved than the lazy negroids who stayed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Northern Paladin For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    How is It DNA Tests Don't Show African Ancestry for All People?
    It's truly sad that in this day in age of massive amounts of genetic studies that people still, because of political correctness, do not understand their important genetic heritage passed onto them from their FAR distant ancestors.

I am going to make three main points.

First and foremost, it is important to understand how divergent the populations around the world are. AT LEAST TENS of thousands of years of evolution separate the different human groups around the world for the majority of their DNA (but for some groups like Europeans we recently found Archaic humans in our DNA and not in africans so some parts of our DNA is hundreds of thousands of years divergent- which is something you will not hear the mainstream media tell you). This is an immense amount of time that can lead to huge changes in the genome.
    Here is some evidence from Europe.....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cro-magnon
    The earliest fossilized remains of Europeans have been dated to about 35,000 years ago. And here is the surprise, THEY ALREADY looked distinctly European- meaning that evolution occurred far before our earliest fossil records of Europeans are dated to.

Secondly, it is important to understand that Non-Africans have archaic Neanderthal DNA that is not evident in African DNA. This means that our populations have been separated for a VERY long time for the most part with negligible influence on each other. If you have never studied Genetics before it is an incredibly confusing subject- reliant on high level statistical calculations rather than intuitive reasoning- what I mean by this is that certain genes can prove HIGHLY beneficial to a society and even without massive breding with a population containing them. (read the book 10,000 year evolution for examples- such as lactose tolerance- for how genetics is transferred between populations).

Lastly- and most important to your question- is that fact that the DNA studies, such as mtDNA and paternal DNA studies are basically gimmicks to make money. They tell information only when a large sample of a population has taken the test to deduce ancient population migrations. What this means is that knowing your fathers fathers father..... back to the ice age will not tell you anything about your genetics.
    So, what the tests do that determine your African ancestry measure genes that differ between present populations today. Genes such as dry ear wax versus wet ear wax. Dry ear wax is found almost exclusively in Asian populations. What they do is they test virtually hundreds of these (I believe they are called SNP's) to determine with a HIGH level of accuracy where your ancestors came from (but only accurate to the continent or major geographic area).

Finally I want to say that we don't know exactly how far back us, Europeans, diverged from Africans every time (it was multiple divergences!- something else the media will NOT TELL YOU!). The trend over the last few years has been finding DRAMATIC evidence disproving everything that we once knew about ancient humans and moving the date of the divergence FAR BACK. Finds such as finding that Non-Africans have CONSIDERABLE Neanderthal ancestry (something that physical anthropologists, such as Coon, have been saying for years but laughed at by mainstream social liberal pseudo-scientists like Boasian) Finds such as finding out that WE LEFT AFRICA FAR BEFORE we previously believed. Finding strange archaic humans in Asia which PROBABLY mixed with the population. We found human settlement on an island during a time when anthropologists told us humans COULDN'T TRAVEL BY WATER! Recently human remains (teeth) have been found in the Middle east and China dating to FAR before the out of Africa theory says we left.

The gap between populations known today is far greater than me you or even top scientists 5 years ago could ever imagine. The gap is far greater than scientists today will admit out of political correctness so it is not talked about much. I cannot wait for 50 years from now to see how far this divergence will eventually spread.

I don't even call our leading theory today Out-Of-Africa theory because it was just too long ago (40,000 plus years- and surely the out of Africans didn't go around killing every archaic human on their way out- they interbred and we have and will continue to find evidence for this. We don't even know all the archaic types yet- and I assume that we are dramatically underestimating their influence on modern day non-africans). I call our current theory multi-regionalism because it has been proven that evolution even within the last 10,000 years has been different between populations leading to completely different genes, completely different societies, and completely different behaviors. And all of this is evident in our genetic DNA. During those 10,00 years we evolved separately in separate places and I'm sure we did the previous 100,000 years as well, and even before that.

Read the book 10,000 year evolution. Anyone who is European needs to in order to understand our important genetic heritage.

http://www.amazon.com/000-Year-Explo...5843198&sr=8-1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynterwade For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, January 26th, 2011 @ 04:25 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Scottish, German, Irish
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Software Engineer
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Anabaptist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    Perhaps what they define as 'African DNA' are the genes which have differentiated after the people branched/split off at some point.

I mean we all share common genes: we all have two eyes, a nose, two arms, two legs, a heart, etc.
    I think so.

We can compare this to speech accents. Linguistically, it has been established that the "modern" British accent that you hear on the BBC was popularized at the great English boarding schools in the 19th century and that it is unlikely that the ancestors of any Anglo-American who left England before that time ever spoke with that accent. Does that make my Mayflower ancestor any less English? No way.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RobertColumbia For This Useful Post:

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest King View Post
    Hmm, there must have been multiple races present in Africa back then. The ones who left and colonized the world were slightly more evolved than the lazy negroids who stayed.
    As far as I know, the Negroid type evolved after the out of Africa migrations. Our African ancestors were closer to Australoids, and maybe Capoids, both of which are older types than Negroids.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast