Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Would You Support Creating a 'Thumbs Down' Option on Skadi?

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    2 Hours Ago @ 08:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    Country
    Other Other
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    I would say no.
    We don't want to end up like Youtube where someone says one thing (regardless of its relativity and quality) and it's what everyone migrates to because it's received a lot of attention, creating some kind of appeal to authority, not evaluating to any other post that could peak their interest.

Aka GermanischerAdler Herefugol's Avatar
    Last Online
    Sunday, November 13th, 2016 @ 08:06 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Germany, Norway
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think there are too many different viewpoints on Skadi for this idea to work. It would just turn the forum into some sort of democracy (where the mainstream will prevail).

Last Online
    Saturday, July 7th, 2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanischerAdler View Post
    I think there are too many different viewpoints on Skadi for this idea to work. It would just turn the forum into some sort of democracy (where the mainstream will prevail).
    I don't think this would happen. In a way there wouldn't be a big difference, as Ronan alread pointed out that a lack of 'thanks' basically indicates the same thing (at least if the person you argue with gets a lot of thanks in contrast). People can already see which posts get a lot of approvement and which don't. And unlike on youtube posts with a lot of thumbs up don't end up on the first page monopolizing the attention.

Then again unity and some form of cohesion can also be an advantage. If everybody pulls in a different direction, it will just be like random brownian motion and not much will be accomplished. And isn't this form of individualism a better description of western democracy? Everyone has his own special opinion, there are countless right-wing parties fighting each other, in essence most of them cancel each other out. To achieve something you need coordinated movement, which only the jews and the liberals with the media seem to be able to create. So should we celebrate our individualism and lack of cohesion which neutralises us? Is something that could increase community cohesion necessarily a bad thing?

But this remark was just a digression, as I don't think that thumbs up/thumbs down would have any influence on this matter (at least adding thumbs down wouldn't change a lot from the current system of having thumbs up).

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No. My ego will be hurt

Last Online
    Friday, January 21st, 2011 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    The Noble Path
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    So, Forest King, you're proposing a system of determining truth and validity through the tyranny of the majority? You're proposing a system of shouting down people whose understanding doesn't fit in with the norm?

That's just about the Jewiest thing I've ever heard.

Whenever I decide whether or not something is a good idea online, I ask myself if I'd do it in real life.
    Since I don't make a habit of getting in the face of people I disagree with and going SHUT UP YOU'RE STUPID, I can't ever see myself supporting the online equivalent.
    To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage. - Eliphas Lévi

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    I don't think this would happen. In a way there wouldn't be a big difference, as Ronan alread pointed out that a lack of 'thanks' basically indicates the same thing (at least if the person you argue with gets a lot of thanks in contrast). People can already see which posts get a lot of approvement and which don't. And unlike on youtube posts with a lot of thumbs up don't end up on the first page monopolizing the attention.

Then again unity and some form of cohesion can also be an advantage. If everybody pulls in a different direction, it will just be like random brownian motion and not much will be accomplished. And isn't this form of individualism a better description of western democracy? Everyone has his own special opinion, there are countless right-wing parties fighting each other, in essence most of them cancel each other out. To achieve something you need coordinated movement, which only the jews and the liberals with the media seem to be able to create. So should we celebrate our individualism and lack of cohesion which neutralises us? Is something that could increase community cohesion necessarily a bad thing?

But this remark was just a digression, as I don't think that thumbs up/thumbs down would have any influence on this matter (at least adding thumbs down wouldn't change a lot from the current system of having thumbs up).
    Well, I believe Skadi isn't a political party with one ideology. There are Heathens, Protestants, Catholics and so forth, as well as countless different political views. Which direction should Skadi be pulling? I don't think some independent thinking is necessarily individualism.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanischerAdler View Post
    Well, I believe Skadi isn't a political party with one ideology. There are Heathens, Protestants, Catholics and so forth, as well as countless different political views. Which direction should Skadi be pulling? I don't think some independent thinking is necessarily individualism.
    In the opposite direction of everything that threatens the very existence of our germanic societies in the future. I didn't mean to imply that Skadi is like a political party, but still we have some common goals I think. You're the one that compared Skadi to society and having thumbs up/down to modern democracy. I just think that the negative effects of our modern democracy have more to do with our division, and that having something that could increase community cohesion and make people gravitate to a common point of view isn't a bad thing. I don't think adding support for 'thumbs down' would have this effect, but as this point was made, I wanted to comment on it.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    In the opposite direction of everything that threatens the very existence of our germanic societies in the future. I didn't mean to imply that Skadi is like a political party, but still we have some common goals I think. You're the one that compared Skadi to society and having thumbs up/down to modern democracy. I just think that the negative effects of our modern democracy have more to do with our division, and that having something that could increase community cohesion and make people gravitate to a common point of view isn't a bad thing. I don't think adding support for 'thumbs down' would have this effect, but as this point was made, I wanted to comment on it.
    Understood, and I agree with your point about cohesion. I still think *not* thumbing up is a less inflammatory way of disapproving a comment. On things that threaten Germanic societies, could it be argued that Christianity does? It has supplanted our indigenous religion with an essentially Middle Eastern one (arguably Jewish). When you say something is a threat to Germanic society, do you mean racially or culturally?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I mean both culturally and racially. For example I don't think that it's a good development that more and more europeans are converting to Islam or are adopting otherwise foreign cultural identities. But I don't want to derail this thread into a religious debate, so I wont comment on the issue of Christianity/Germanic paganism here - this is something that should be discussed in its own thread.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    It could be fun theoretically, but practically let's be realistic, people on this forum care far too much about their reputation for this to function properly. Even if it were anonymous, people would still want to find out who was the one who rated their posts negatively, maybe even go as far as to demand the administrators to look it up or what have you...

There is the negative reputation alternative however, for sustaining members.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast