Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think the Universe Was Created on Purpose?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 5th, 2012 @ 02:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Do You Think the Universe Was Created on Purpose?

I like the idea of a creator, it is interesting to me.

It doesn't have to be the creator of The Bible, it could be a strange entity or creature, for all I know, but I like the idea of creation.

I like the idea of the earth being created intentionally, and the spirits' of the dead living in another realm, possibly with the option of coming back here.

I don't know... it just gives a sense of connection... in a good way.

Any thoughts? Do you think our world was created on purpose, or not at all? Just chances?

Last Online
    Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    My thoughts vary, but I do find it hard to comes to terms with the idea that we are here by some cosmic accident.

I like the idea that there are spiritual forces of some sort that are probably right now looking down and think what a huge mess.

If you believe we are spiritual beings than there has to be something we will ascend or descend to, a place where we will rest or be punished.

I am also interested in the theory that we were dumped here by Aliens who saw us as some weird experiment, and the other theory that we are the aliens and the blacks were our slave race. It's far fetched but it explains so much.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I often wonder why people ask this question that you asked. The possibility of an external creator is still very possible. Who knows why the big bang happened- how did that matter get there in the first place?

The reason why I wonder why is that asked so often is because I have another concern that in my opinion is of even more importance; Why was I born as myself? Why am I not somebody else, Why do I even exist in the first place?

To me this question, and all the others above, will ultimately come to one simple answer. Is it possible that events and matter, over long periods of time, can form into the being of a person without any supernatural forces? Maybe. But something feels fishy to me in that situation from an emotional stand point... (but maybe it's wrong to look at that question from an emotional standpoint considering when you look out at the universe; stars, galaxies, and quantum particles; and see that so far the only intelligent life exists at such a small level compared to the whole that possibly the most simplistic answer could be that we; us and our emotions are the anomaly and that we were created by simple particles without any emotions- that feels fishy to me though because it still doesn't answer what created the big bang- meaning it is just too hypothetical at the moment to speculate on that. It could very well be that we were created by two things in another dimensional universe smashing together creating the big bang and our physics in our universe, but then what created that first universe that smashed together to create our own?)

For instance, if there are parallel universes, some with the exact same qualities as our own, and I exist in multiple universes in the exact same way, then which one do I become? Certainly I cannot live multiple lives at the same time. This to me, I want to emotionally say, is like a dagger into the heart of the question; Why am I born as myself? Surely it can't be due to chance alone in that situation- something in the form of selection would have to have been done- and our current understanding of physics cannot answer that question. I want to say this idea touches the hand of God (maybe it does), But in a way it doesn't even touch the question- It's just too speculative considering the little physics framework that exists today (we can't answer the most simple physics questions like what causes gravity, what causes quantum particle movement that behaves as probability waves, why does our physics of the quantum world differ (obey different laws) from the physics of large things such as stars etc,).

But then again we are born as simple organisms without much emotions and we grow into the being that we are. Maybe we are just simple mathematics. Could we all just be a illusion or a computer program that cannot truly exist in the reality of a main universe? Possibly, after all our matter is packaged in probability waves at the quantum level seemingly as to save space. And for that matter could a computer program create the life we see today around us? Granted it was complex and realistic looking enough to carry out virtual universe computations to the extreme level as our universe. There is actually a MIT physics professor who hypothesizes this- and at the moment we cannot rule this out.

And finally we just don't know anything- and we probably will never know these answers during our life time. And that really bothers me.

Last Online
    Saturday, July 7th, 2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    none
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFin View Post
    I like the idea of a creator, is interesting to me.

It doesn't have to be the creator of The Bible, it could be a strange entity or creature, for all I know, but the idea of creation I like.
    It can be fun to speculate about these things. Maybe our universe is just a simulation in another universe of a much higher complexity, then our universe/this simulation has a creator in that other universe.

But an external creator doesn't really answer the question of why there is something - since one could also ask the question who created that creator?

So I don't really see the point. All I know is that the universe and its existence puzzle me.

I like the idea of the earth being created intentionally, and the spirits' of the dead living in another realm, possibly with the option of coming back here.

I don't know... it just gives a sense of connection... in a good way.
    I don't know, the known universe seems too big to me to place so much importance on our tiny planet.

Last Online
    Sunday, August 4th, 2019 @ 04:05 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I have wondered about that as well Wynterwade. Why was I born as me, why was I born of German Descent etc.

This might sound funny, but when I see old pictures such as the Avatar gallery here I feel warmth, have I lived before as a Germanic person.

People have told me that one of the reasons why the world is such a mess now is because there are so many "new souls" which are here for the first time. I have been described as an old soul.

I have heard something about an Asian religion believing that the number of souls is finite and so some people do not have one, I tried googling this but didn't get anything.

Apologies to the OP if I am getting off track, I am on night shift and am wondering out loud.
    I grew up on a belief of honour, courage and the old world values. The world isn't about that anymore, preferring to die a slow death of fast food and cheap thrills.

Grand Member
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,392 Posts
    Why was I born as myself? Why am I not somebody else, Why do I even exist in the first place?
    Isn't this something like the Anthropic Principle?

Basically, if it was not you asking these questions, it would be that "somebody else" you refer to. So, even though the chances of you being the person you are today are infinitesimally small there's an inevitability about somebody being here right now and marvelling at the huge odds of him/her being the way (s)he is.

I think the original Anthropic Principle goes along the lines of ... "if the Universe was not the way it is with me here asking why it's like it is, there would be nobody here asking the question".

... it just about makes sense if you think about it for long enough

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I believe in what the Bible teaches, so yes, the universe was most definitely created on purpose. No big bangs, just the infinite intelligience of our creator designed the universe, including the earth, heavens, and everything around it.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, January 13th, 2011 @ 12:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Scotland
    Country
    State
    Oregon Oregon
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Sit on my arse
    Politics
    Moderate Nationalist
    Religion
    Asatru/Germanic Heathenism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im not gonna get deep, but the second law of thermodynamics kinda points to intelligent design. just look into it and stuff. its a confusing subject for me since i am both Asatru and a man of science but i think those two can fit together better than Judaism/Christianity/Islam and science tho

Last Online
    Friday, January 25th, 2019 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Religion
    My religious ways are odd.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I believe in the Bible, so yes, the universe was most definitely created on purpose. No big bangs, just the infinite intelligience of our creator designed the universe, including the earth, heavens, and everything around it.
    Just because god made everything doesn't mean the big bang didn't happen. He had to put everything here somehow and if he knows everything past and future than he could easily just snap his fingers and BANG out comes a whole envisioned universe.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 28th, 2017 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Scottland, England, Germany
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    California California
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Medical
    Politics
    Republican/Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i believe everything happens for a reason. nothing is coincidence. kind of an empty feeling to think we're alone here, that life is all for nothing. i believe the world was created and we're here to fulfill some purpose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast