Radical Traditionalism
    Religion
    Platonic Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witta View Post
    I see no difference, you have just euphamised it. The artistry does not come from the audience, it comes from the performer, who is manipuulating male desire.
    No, I didn't. If you can't tell the difference between passive aesthetic appreciation and getting all hot and bothered over an attractive woman, then I don't know what to say.
    In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God.
    -John 1:1

Last Online
    Thursday, February 10th, 2011 @ 01:19 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardito View Post
    No, I didn't. If you can't tell the difference between passive aesthetic appreciation and getting all hot and bothered over an attractive woman, then I don't know what to say.
    This is burlesque we are talking about, not ballet.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Saxon
    Radical Traditionalism
    Religion
    Platonic Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witta View Post
    This is burlesque we are talking about, not ballet.
    Why is nudity necessarily low-brow?
    In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God.
    -John 1:1

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 @ 09:58 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardito View Post
    Why is nudity necessarily low-brow?
    Inverted snobbery.

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    What influenced you to want to do this? Is it an expression of eroticism you wish to covey? How erotic?
    How are you going to dress yourself on stage? Tight fitting corsets and other barely-there lingerie?
    Modern burlesque stars basically strip down to pasties and a string bikini. That's it. It is about as raunchy as it gets without becoming an actual strip show, and from what I have been told (a friend of mines wife does it) the more risque the performance the more popular the performer will be.
    Nobody wants to see "respectable" burlesque these days. It all comes down to how well the female can "shake it".

Burlesque isn't particularly Germanic in origin and the only time you saw it in Europe prior to the war was in Berlin or Paris during the Weimar era when negro Josephine Baker popularized it with her 'banana dance' clad only in bananas.

I looked up the original definition and found that it is nothing more than:

"...a grotesque imitation of the dignified."

I certainly would not want my girlfriend doing it.
    If it is performance art you are interested in then you should seriously look into more respectable and Western forms to express yourself.
    I have been told that Isadora Duncan is a good influence.

As far as belly dancing is concerned it is a form of dance that had its origins in north africa as well as the arab countries.
    Again, you should seek an old form of Germanic dance and perhaps help to revive it.
    In case you haven't noticed both belly dancing as well as burlesque have become extremely popular these days, and the majority of women who have taken to it, oddly, are those with extreme feminist/liberal viewpoints.

Lost in Melancholia
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Well, I don´t have a high view of belly dancing and burlesque but tastes differ. I wouldn´t do it and I think it´s over-empathizing sexuality in public. The origin of these styles is outside of Europe.

By the way, I think Dita von Teese looked better and more Germanic before she has became a burleque artist for all kind of races because she was more natural back then:

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Personally I do not find a attraction to Burlesque or Belly Dancing, that is just my personal taste. While I do realize that there is supposed be certain amount of comedy involved in a Burlesque show, I'm not sure if promotion of cheap is sex is still the underlying idea.

Maybe some might find these things exotic and exciting because of the attraction of the forbidden taboo involved? I think we have more than enough promotion of cheap sex in society today, it is just sex big deal get over it, its a part of nature and a loving relationship.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've never heard of Burlesque dancing before so I had to look it up. My first thought was "I wonder what these girls parents and siblings would think". My second thought was, "I wonder what her future husband will think of her revealing her body for hundreds of random men to see". My third thought was, "I wonder how she's going to tell her kids what she does- what kind of an example does that set for them?". Let me clear one thing up first, many people look at ancient Greece and say "see they were naked and they knew what it really means to be free". Well first of all they viewed nudity in a completely different way than we do in modern day society. Today people have low moral values, do not truly care about people, and only want short term gratification. Back in ancient Greece, people lived in small communities, knew everybody personally, and had family values. This Burlesque dancing is tailored towards these low moral, short-minded, gratification seeking filthy young desperate males of society. (read the history of it that's exactly what it says- it came about because strip clubs were closed down, so the degenerate men looked for the next closest thing, and overtime the girls became more and more skimpy eventually the skimpiest made the most money and other girls copied them.)

If you're looking for a form of dancing, I've taken dancing lessons before and I like the forms of; ballroom dancing, and Latin dancing (it's just fast dancing and really nothing raunchy like the movies make about it).

For belly dancing I know one person who does that (a flaming gay guy with his lesbian friends). To me belly dancing is disgusting compared to ballroom dancing or the Waltz. I don't know much about it but it seems like it was created for the desperate perverted male of the middle east.

Conclusion-
    Ballroom (Waltz)- Best kind of dancing so take lessons in this.
    Latin (Cha-Cha)- Fun dancing so take lessons in this.
    Belly Dancing- Avoid because it's weird.
    Burlesque- Avoid because it's for degenerate males.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, February 12th, 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Irish, Norse.
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    Scotland Scotland
    In a relationship
    Occupation
    Checkout operator, Morrisons
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There appears to be a lot of misconceptions about Burlesque...
    People seem to think that Burlesque is all about sex. It's not. Yes, there is corsetry and stripping, but believe it or not, Burlesque is an art form as hard as that is to believe. It's all about the suggestion of nudity.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ourclubwonka

Club Wonka. A Burlesque group based in Dundee. I know all of them. I've helped out in shows as a stage hand.
    Going full nude is an option which only a couple of them do, the more brave ones. But they perform with acts, telling stories. They dress up as super heros. Dorian, the mastermind behind Club Wonka, makes all the costumes himself from scratch. He's also a fantastic ballroom dancer. Him and one of the girls, Annaphylactic (her stage name), did an act called the Fleet Street Tango. Dorian was Sweeny Todd and Annaphylactic was Mrs. Lovett. There was no stripping, no sexuality. They just danced, acted out the final scene of Sweeny Todd where Sweeny found out that Mrs. Lovett had killed his wife. Watching them waltz was the single most mesmerising thing I have ever seen, and the audience thought so too. It proved that Burlesque is an art form, not just about sex and stripping. In fact, through all the acts I have seen since Club Wonka started, I have only ever seen 3 of the dancers completley strip.

My point here, is that I don't know what Burlesque you've seen, but real Burlesque is NOT what you have described, Wynterwade. It is not degenerate in any shape or form. Burlesque is first and foremost dance drama. Don't judge a whole genre on a few bad apples.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It is not degenerate in any shape or form.
    Going full nude is an option which only a couple of them do
    It is not degenerate in any shape or form.
    since Club Wonka started, I have only ever seen 3 of the dancers completley strip.
    lol
    I clicked on the link and see a naked girl throwing a cake. Two men kissing and childish dancing.

Maybe its a US/Britain cultural difference as to what good morals are. (lol)

There was no stripping, no sexuality. They just danced, acted out the final scene
    Ok, that is fine I guess...

and the audience thought so too.
    If the audience is high class and has good morals then great it is fine by me.

The associations created between the audience members and the cast is the main reason why I feel people need to avoid these sorts of places. This was an assumption I was making. Here in my city of 5.5 million people if you hold something like this- inner city trash will come pouring in and hyper sexualize it. I've known a few girls go to work at hooters, (It's just where girls have to wear skimpy clothing to serve food- that's all) and the associations of people within the restaurant brought them down morally. My friends little sister who worked there wanted to be a professional athlete but after working at hooters she tried out for playboy- fully nude- and now dates some Mexican guy and is ultra liberal. Could there be a correlation between whom she associates with and the moral values, and life view she holds? I think so. Another friend who worked there got pregnant at a young age, got breast enlargement surgery and is divorced now at the age of 22. I saw the train wreck coming from a mile away based on the associations these two girls had with these types of people and a few of the ultra liberal comments they made.

The people we hang around and associate with influence our moral values, and views on life considerably. This is why I avoid things like this.

I can promise you that if you hang around places that do nudity, then your moral values and views on life will degenerate also maybe only slightly at first but eventually you will come to a point where you realize that you are not the same person you used to be. If you have the highest moral values, by a lot, in the entire group then it is probably a bad place for you.

If you were instead to associate with high achieving college kids, a church community, a sorority, or even a book club I can promise you that your friends would be of higher quality than a Burlesque club. Being around higher quality people allows us to grow in the correct direction. Certain values are critical to hold; among these are modesty and stable thinking. Watching those videos of the Joker kissing Batman or a naked girl throwing a cake thing- in my opinion- is not modesty or stable thinking.

If acting is your thing- why not join a normal drama club?

Just my opinion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast