Thread: Most "Germanic" Southern European Country?

Last Online
    Friday, December 31st, 2010 @ 02:29 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most "Germanic" Southern European Country?

Hi, so I'm an Englishman living in Madrid (28 years old) and have travelled through Spain, Italy and Greece. Personally, I don't agree with Stormfronters who say Italians or Greeks are "White". In England the word "White" usually doesn't apply to Meds. However, living in Madrid I have mixed feelings. I don't find the people to be culturally Mediterranean at all: it's a much more orderly city than chaotic Athens or Rome, the people are NOT outgoing in any way and can be quite "cold" - rarely will someone speak to you in a bar or cafe if they don't know you and although there's a lot of bureaucreacy, it's "efficient" compared to Italy. Physically, of course, there are all types of Spaniards although most are lighter than one would think.

The Spaniards are also openly quite hostile to foreigners, especially South Americans and Moroccans and if there's something that could be said for southern euros is that they defend their turf much more than Northern Europeans. I don't know why this is the case as I also tend to think of people here as rather cowardly as in, they need to do everything in groups. Any thoughts?

Last Online
    Monday, July 30th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Austria
    Subrace
    Dinarid I guess
    Country
    Austrian Empire Austrian Empire
    Single adult
    Occupation
    student of law
    Politics
    NS
    Religion
    atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well in my oppinion South Europeans are also not very "White". French (or shall I say what's left of them due to whole this multiculturalism they practise...) are racialy moast "White" by their phenotype in my oppinion (pure ones of corse), together with certen North Italians. However, with their mentality, they're boath very gypsysh if you know what I meen. Spaniards on the other hand, as you told yourself are a bit darker, but way better when it commes to menthality (PS. I don't know abouth Spaniards, I was onley in Barcelona and from what I know they concidere themselves for Catalonians). I've never been to Portugal, but from what I've heard they're all one big race-mix of "Whites" and blacks. And as far Greeks are concidered, I totaly don't concider them White anymore scince they boath look like turks, and from what I've herd (and I heard a lot of first hand experiences because lot of my mates (my mother as well when it commes to that) were there so they were telling their impressions) behave like turks as well. So all in all, Spaniards French and Italians are bit better while Greeks and Portuguesse are almost not White at all.

Moderator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, April 12th, 2019 @ 10:19 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leak View Post
    Physically, of course, there are all types of Spaniards although most are lighter than one would think.
    Lightness or darkness of pigment are no good indicator of Germanicness. The South Tyrolese are on average quite a bit darker than the Finns, yet are clearly a lot more Germanic.

As to your initial question: The most Germanic area of those that are not frequently recognised as such (as per cultural, linguistic and/or ethnic ties), would perhaps be Northern Italy, as per a link back to the Longobards who later dropped their Germanic tongue.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, November 11th, 2018 @ 09:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Pennsylvania Dutch
    Y-DNA
    I1a2a
    Country
    United States United States
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Italy, because of their occupation of South Tyrol.

Once South Tyrol is liberated, the answer will be France, because of their occupation of Alsace-Lorraine.

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    It's one of those academic questions that does not have a very meaningful answer.

The French are not southern European in any case. Genetically, it is Slovenians, Croatians and Catalonian Spanish. I don't know about South Tyroleans but north Italians in general are not close.