Religion
    Believe in God/Pagan Sympathetic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Prussian Project: Please Read if You Have Prussian Ancestors

Hello everyone,

While tracing my Prussian ancestors, I found there to be book after book about Prussia’s military history but very little about the people. It is scary that after WW2, the powers that be decided to DESTROY Prussia and the Prussian culture, which I feel is ethnic cleansing. There is very little information out there regarding the Prussian people and their daily lives so I decided to document the life of the Prussians, one family at a time. Ultimately, I would like to have this collection published in book form.

If you are of Prussian decent and want to participate in this important project, please email me. I have a questionnaire for you to fill out. You will get full credit for the submission of your family’s information.

I hope this project is a great success because I feel the Prussian people deserve to have their legacy documented. I know my Great Grandfather does.

Thank you everyone,

Kristin Hinz-Seitz

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin seitz View Post
    Hello everyone,

If you are of Prussian decent and want to participate in this important project, please email me. I have a questionnaire for you to fill out. You will get full credit for the submission of your family’s information.

Kristin Hinz-Seitz
    Ok, I'll participate! Could you please give me some of the details, and how it is to be done? My ancestors were Prussian.

Last Online
    Thursday, April 26th, 2012 @ 02:42 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    german american
    Ancestry
    Hesse, East Prussia and Bavaria
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Accounting
    Politics
    Independent/Libertarian
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Wallflower! Thank you!!!! Send me an email at: manitoumoon@hotmail.com and I will send you the questionnaire and informational flyer to go with it.

I'm so glad you'll participate.

Thank you!!!
    Kristin

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    german american
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Accounting
    Politics
    Independent/Libertarian
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Wallflower - I can send you the questionnaire and flyer if you'd like. Just let me know where to send it to. Since I'm new to this forum it won't let me private message yet.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Just Prussian, or things like Alsatian and Sudeten Germans also? These people were also destroyed during the course of the world wars, and like the Prussians, very little information exists.

I am wondering since I have Bohemian German ancestors, although I could not fill out the questionaire since I know very little about them.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 @ 10:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    College Student
    Politics
    Right Nationalism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseWarrior View Post
    Just Prussian, or things like Alsatian and Sudeten Germans also? These people were also destroyed during the course of the world wars, and like the Prussians, very little information exists.

I am wondering since I have Bohemian German ancestors, although I could not fill out the questionaire since I know very little about them.
    About 1/5 Sudetens spoke east Frankonian, which is much different than the 3/5 that were Austro-Bavarian dialect. They were like an extension of Saxony pretty much. Another 1/5 spoke a dialect very similar to the Silesians.
    So about 2/5 of Sudetenland had much of a similarity with Prussia

Lorraine Franconian, used in Lorraine, is very similar to the dialect used in the Rhineland. Also Alscae-Lorraine was brought into the German Empire after the Franco-Prussian War. Both regions have high amounts of history with the German people that are unfortunatly, trying to be erased.

Look at this pic for more info.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 1st, 2019 @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Baltic Prussian, English, German
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Early pre-trinitarian Christiani
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Hi Kristin, and a very warm welcome.
    Ive e-mailed you for a questionaire, though not sure I will be albe to answer much, one Grandparent was East Prussian, and an other West Prussian, my Father who has now moved to China, talks very little about his past, he says they had to flee West Prussia after the 1st world war, persecution of the now Polish Germans started even before Hilter came along, probably one of the reasons history doesnt like to delve to deep into Prussia.
    I actaully met and spoke with an ex member of German parliament last week, he was Prusiian as well, I hinted at why so little is said about the pre war Prussian persecution without looking like I supported Hitler too much.

Do a search for "Prussia" on Amazon, there are a few books that are
    memories of Prussian people rather than the endless focus on military, at the moment Iam reading "Reflections in an oval mirror", though I didnt see it on American Amazon.

There are apparently a few German language only books about the persecutions of the Prussians, wiether thay are still available?

Actually I just found this, its online, and its in English, this was elsewhere but the site got "removed", so be an idea to try and save as much as you can!

http://www.jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm
    Last edited by Ralf; Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Additional information

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    german american
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Accounting
    Politics
    Independent/Libertarian
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NorseWarrior View Post

Sure, I'd be glad to send you a questionnaire if you like. I'm primarily working on Prussian but I think all Germanic peoples whose lands and cultures have been destroyed should be documented. I think it's a crime to do this to our peoples...send me an email to my personal email.

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    german american
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Accounting
    Politics
    Independent/Libertarian
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Rossa View Post
    Hi Kristin, and a very warm welcome.
    Ive e-mailed you for a questionaire, though not sure I will be albe to answer much, one Grandparent was East Prussian, and an other West Prussian, my Father who has now moved to China, talks very little about his past, he says they had to flee West Prussia after the 1st world war, persecution of the now Polish Germans started even before Hilter came along, probably one of the reasons history doesnt like to delve to deep into Prussia.
    I actaully met and spoke with an ex member of German parliament last week, he was Prusiian as well, I hinted at why so little is said about the pre war Prussian persecution without looking like I supported Hitler too much.

Do a search for "Prussia" on Amazon, there are a few books that are
    memories of Prussian people rather than the endless focus on military, at the moment Iam reading "Reflections in an oval mirror", though I didnt see it on American Amazon.

There are apparently a few German language only books about the persecutions of the Prussians, wiether thay are still available?

Actually I just found this, its online, and its in English, this was elsewhere but the site got "removed", so be an idea to try and save as much as you can!

http://www.jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm
    Thanks Ralf. I got your email and will be sending you a questionnaire shortly. Whatever you can fill out is great. I understand that many might not know intimate details, some do, but if you don't, that's fine too.
    I did do a look on Amazon and saw a few memoirs out there but I want a BIG group of Prussians in one volume - or many volumes actually. There just isn't enough info out there for my liking.

You know you are so right. If you act like you have pride in your Prussian ancestry people think you are pro Hitler (which everyone is entitled to their opinion in my opinion) but I'm SO tired of the "black eye" that Prussians were given after WW2. I tell ANYONE that I'm PROUD to be Prussian and if they don't like it, TOO BAD. That's how I feel about it. Although if you are in German government I can see why he might have to be careful.

Thank you so much for your great reply. I look forward talking with you.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 1st, 2019 @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Baltic Prussian, English, German
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Early pre-trinitarian Christiani
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristin seitz View Post

You know you are so right. If you act like you have pride in your Prussian ancestry people think you are pro Hitler (which everyone is entitled to their opinion in my opinion) but I'm SO tired of the "black eye" that Prussians were given after WW2. I tell ANYONE that I'm PROUD to be Prussian and if they don't like it, TOO BAD. That's how I feel about it. Although if you are in German government I can see why he might have to be careful.

I wear a Prussian flag tie pin at work, though Iam disappointed that not a single German has ever noticed or commented on it, many English people ask what it is, I proudly say its Prussian, Ive never had a negative reply, many people say, "cool", (most say, "Russian", and I say, "no, Prussian", its sad how this great nation has now allmost become forgotten in UK, at least it gives me an oppurtunity to relate some uncomfortable history to the English who seem to think they only have thier achievements in 2 wars and a world cup to be proud of).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast