Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Expensive is It to Raise Children?

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    http://www.thehealthybelly.com/baby_cost_calculator.php

It seems to come out to about $150,000 to raise a child from birth to adulthood, although I changed a lot of the parameters from age 18 to age 26. Also, I completely deleted housing costs, because they'll be living with me. I've no idea why that's even in the calculator. I also left transportation at 0 and cut out groceries, as they had both groceries and food for some reason. If I have 5 kids, it should come out to roughly $30,000/year over 25 years, which I should be able to swing. If I only have 3 kids, it's $18,000/year, which isn't bad at all. And that's not even considering the potential for college loans to further lessen the monthly payments.

So...I dunno, maybe 3 or 4 kids? I'm an only child, so that'd certainly be an improvement.

Last Online
    Friday, August 30th, 2019 @ 02:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Ireland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Financial Analyst
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Most of the posts you see regarding how inexpensive kids are, probably come from me because it seems I'm the only one who has woken up to the fact that we are doomed if we don't dramatically increase our birth rate. Cost is one of the big reasons we don't have enough kids, and it's just not true that kids are expensive.
    For one thing, you don't have to send more children to college than you would otherwise be able to afford. It's better to have 4 kids, and two of them college educated, than two kids who are both college educated. I guarantee you, the third and fourth child won't mind; they'll just be glad they were born. For another thing, your kids can go to in-state schools and live at home, and you will save a lot of money. Few people can afford to send more than 2 kids to college. And if even the people on this forum won't have more than 2 children because of the cost of educating all of them, we are surely doomed. Who will? We have to change our culture to enable us to have children, including our expectations about college education.
    Back to how much it costs... If your wife stays home, the only major expenses are daipers ($40 per month for 2 years), Christmas if you have as little control as I do ($300 per child), and medical insurance (additional $50-$100 on my company insurance regardless of the number of children). Other expenses that people complain about when the wife works include formula and day care ($800 per month). Childrens clothes are very cheap. I don't know how much we spend on clothes because it's such a minor expense; maybe $10 per month. We don't spend anything on clothes for our second son because he only wears hand-me-downs. Our kids aren't teenagers yet, so the impact on our food budget is not noticable. You will be suprised at how the kids are able to stay alive on so little food. I've said before in another post that I don't think I spend more than $100 per month on each of my kids, but I'd be curious as to how much other people spend.
    You don't have to buy your kids cars and car insurance, you don't have to pay for your kids to travel around the world.
    When your first child is born you will spend $500 on baby things (Crib is the most expensive at $200). But you only need to buy this stuff once, and you can reuse it with each child. Hospital bill depends on your insurance (Mine covered all but about $750)

If anybody else here has kids, please let us know how your expenses compare.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    From an Australian Gumberment site but to be honest it costs more IMHO

http://www.csa.gov.au/childsupportfo...Table2010.aspx
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German & Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Financial Analyst
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Another thing you have to consider is retirement. The more children you have, the less you have to save for retirement because you can live with your kids. You can choose to live with the one with the highest income and most stable home life. The other kids can pitch in for your maintenance. How else are you going to save for retirement? You know you're not going to get anything from our bankrupt Social Security system. This is something our parents generation didn't have to worry about, but we do.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German & Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Financial Analyst
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    From an Australian Gumberment site but to be honest it costs more IMHO
    These numbers must assume the wife works and you have to pay for daycare, and eating out at restaurants a lot and buying meals for the children even though the kids don't eat half of it.
    And notice how much the cost per child rises as the income rises. Your income does not affect how much you have to spend on your kids. If somebody with an income of $29,428 can spend $7,062 for two kids, then somebody with an income of $100,000 should also be able to to spend the same amount. I think these numbers are based on how much people actually spend, considering how many people have 2 incomes to spoil only one child, not what they need to spend.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
    Another thing you have to consider is retirement. The more children you have, the less you have to save for retirement because you can live with your kids. You can choose to live with the one with the highest income and most stable home life. The other kids can pitch in for your maintenance. How else are you going to save for retirement? You know you're not going to get anything from our bankrupt Social Security system. This is something our parents generation didn't have to worry about, but we do.
    More likely you get shipped off the the retirement village

But then the USA is probably quite different than here

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
    These numbers must assume the wife works and you have to pay for daycare, and eating out at restaurants a lot and buying meals for the children even though the kids don't eat half of it.
    And notice how much the cost per child rises as the income rises. Your income does not affect how much you have to spend on your kids. If somebody with an income of $29,428 can spend $7,062 for two kids, then somebody with an income of $100,000 should also be able to to spend the same amount. I think these numbers are based on how much people actually spend, considering how many people have 2 incomes to spoil only one child, not what they need to spend.
    Here the government will pay people depending on the Number of Kids and size of your income......more kids more money.....but less incentive to work as the more money you earn the less you get from the Government I've even written up and Excel program to work out if its worth my time working....lame i know but when the money you get only just covers costs

here are some of the other parts that might be of interest
    http://www.csa.gov.au/childsupportformula/example1.aspx

the Income section
    http://www.csa.gov.au/childsupportfo...ourIncome.aspx

Note most of the thing in the site are about "child support" which can be paid to a sole Parent as support"

Another Australian Government "funded" paper by a university

http://www.aifs.gov.au/conferences/aifs8/percival.pdf

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theTasmanian View Post
    More likely you get shipped off the the retirement village

But then the USA is probably quite different than here
    No, it's the same here

Yes, I also noticed that the amount it "costs" to raise a child increases if you increase the income field. I imagine the more money people make, the more they'd spend on their children, but a proper child-raising cost calculator should calculate only what's necessary. Then again, parents surely differ greatly on what's necessary.

If the Western governments stopped all of this "welfare" non-sense, the non-whites would no longer be able to procreate as profusely as they do, thus negating the need for us to stoop to their level in the first place. Because to be honest, I'd rather just have 1 or 2 kids.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    No, it's the same here

Yes, I also noticed that the amount it "costs" to raise a child increases if you increase the income field. I imagine the more money people make, the more they'd spend on their children, but a proper child-raising cost calculator should calculate only what's necessary. Then again, parents surely differ greatly on what's necessary.
    Agree it should only be the "Money" not the extras included with having more money...thats how i did my Excel file

Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl View Post
    If the Western governments stopped all of this "welfare" non-sense, the non-whites would no longer be able to procreate as profusely as they do, thus negating the need for us to stoop to their level in the first place. Because to be honest, I'd rather just have 1 or 2 kids.
    Here as there are bugger all none whites.......its often the whites taking advantage of the system and having lots of kids hahaha one my wife's cousins has nine lil red headed Devils

How ever its not just Money that stops me going in for the Horde! lets call it saving the world from a terrible fate.....

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    German & Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Married parent
    Occupation
    Financial Analyst
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Has anybody noticed that I'm the only one who's responded with personal experience as to how much it costs to have kids? It's pretty sad. The reason is so few people here actually have kids. What should I have expected, we're all Germanics. The members of this forum come up with all kinds of crazy ideas about how to save our people, including using violence to reduce the numbers of non-Germanics, or moving all non-Germanics onto reservations, or just enacting strict immigration laws. But they don't realize we don't have the numbers to even enforce the imegration laws we have, and we are losing votes by the day due to the old age of our population. Things WILL NOT turn around EVER! We are as good as extinct! Is our culture really so great if we are are so apathetic that we will sit back and watch as we self destruct? I talk to people offline all the time about our need to boost our birth rate, and nobody cares. If the people on a Germanic forum like this, which deals a lot with Germanic preservation, can't be bothered to have children, who will?
    We think of any excuse not to have children... Why is it that ony Germanics don't have children unless they can send them all to college? Why are we the only ones who can't have children unless we think they will be absolutely perfect?

How ever its not just Money that stops me going in for the Horde! lets call it saving the world from a terrible fate.....
    theTasmanian, Are you really that bad of a person? Surely your kids would be better than the ones that are being born right now.

I grew up with the same culture we all did. I always planned on waiting until I was 30 to marry, and having only two kids so I could raise them perfectly. But I started to wake up after 911 and realized what's happining to us, and I thought at the time that I wasn't the only one. I'm not having children because I'm white trash or a mormon to whom having children seems to come naturally. I'm doing it because I care about the future, and I care about our people. And it's only fair if other people do the same. If you are not willing to have children, then you are just as weak cultured as the gay and hippy drug users who are responsible for destroying our people, and your descendants will not intermarry with mine, as I will not let my line go extinct.

Sorry about the tirade. As you can tell I get upset about the apathy of our people. If you have more than 2 children or plan on having them, please speak up. I'd like to know that there is some hope.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast