Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Strenghten My Immune System? How Does One Reach Optimum Health?

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 @ 03:15 AM
    Ethnicity
    Thulean
    Ancestry
    Thule
    freedom
    Religion
    the truth is hidden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How Do I Strenghten My Immune System? How Does One Reach Optimum Health?

My health is not what it used to be, and I would like to get it back. I seem to suffer from chronic sinusitis/ bronchitis, sometimes followed by headaches and stomackaches from the various medicine and natural remedies I try to take to combat it, medicine don´t work properly anymore, and I am fed up with this! Traditional medicine prescribed by doctors, such as penicilin and steroids, no longer seems to work for me. I am grateful that this is my only complaint, and that I am an otherwise healthy person, but I fear this will possible develop into something more serious if I don´t do something to combat the situation. I am open to all tips and suggestions, however unusual, about medicine, natural alternatives, something spiritual, something far out, whatever works! I figured this might be the place to meet people with unusual ideas and insights, with a knowledge of things outside the mainstream, in various areas, perhaps including this one. Is there anyone here who has good advise for me? Thanks!

Last Online
    Sunday, August 21st, 2016 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Germany, Finland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    natural law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Maybe cut sugar out of diet and eat healthy. Are you under a lot of stress. A lot of times that will wear you down. Get plenty of rest.

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Immune system

Sounds like a sinus infection, probably bacterial in nature or possibly viral. Stay away from homeopathic and over the counter medications, they only treat the symptoms, not the underlying cause. Finally go see a Doctor, they're the only ones that can diagnose and prescribe medications that will treat the underlying cause.

As for overall health, eat the right foods in the proper proportions, drink lots of water, get plenty of exercise in the outdoors, practice good hygiene and most importantly get the proper amount of sleep every day. Also, stay away from any and all of the toxic substances available to modern man.

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Vitamins every morning is a good start.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thulean
    Ancestry
    Thule
    freedom
    Religion
    the truth is hidden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Sounds like a sinus infection, probably bacterial in nature or possibly viral. Stay away from homeopathic and over the counter medications, they only treat the symptoms, not the underlying cause. Finally go see a Doctor, they're the only ones that can diagnose and prescribe medications that will treat the underlying cause.

As for overall health, eat the right foods in the proper proportions, drink lots of water, get plenty of exercise in the outdoors, practice good hygiene and most importantly get the proper amount of sleep every day. Also, stay away from any and all of the toxic substances available to modern man.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. The problem is the medicine the doctors prescribe to me no longer seem to work, and even my doctors are aware of that, which is why I am looking for alternative solutions.

Grand Member
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 31st, 2019 @ 04:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,394 Posts
    I used to have a lot of sinus and ear problems. Since eliminating most of the sugar from my diet though they seem to have cleared up to a large extent, and replacing cow's milk with goat's milk was also beneficial!

Last Online
    Sunday, April 15th, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bayern, Baden, Schwaben, Württemberg
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    In a steady relationship
    Religion
    Deutsch
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am not one to ever get sick, if I do its maybe once every 1 to 2 years.As strong as a German Oak:-) But I also take really good care of myself. I workout 4 to 5 days a week, I do not eat many things that are processed. I try to eat meat from the butcher and I take a multivitamin every day, omega 3 fish oil as well as eating fish atleast 4 times a month. And I take vitamin C everyday. I do like some sweet things though, chocolate is one of my favorite and definetly a weakness, and beer every so often.. But I dont use any salt and if I use sugar I use this sugar from
    Finland that my gf showed me.

http://www.tasteforlife.com/eating-w...ar-alternative

If you are really sick for a long time then maybe going to a real doctor like someone suggested might be the best remedy, Atleast until you get back to normal and have fully recovered.. Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon:-)

Are your stomach problems from taking the medicine that is given to you? Maybe eating something before you take the medicine will help you. I am no doctor though, oh and go and get an opinon from atleast 2 doctors, never put all your trust in just one doctor.. And once again good recovery:-)
    "Sei, was Du willst, aber was Du bist, habe den Mut ganz zu sein."
    (Albert Leo Schlageter)

"Deutsche Einigkeit, meine Stärke - meine Stärke, Deutschlands Macht" (Hermann)

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Great question.

The first two things you need to focus on are nutrition and exercise. Both of these do so many good things for you.

Nutrition-
    If I were you rather than trying to take vitamins- you should try to eat or drink food that contains those vitamins naturally- like orange juice or milk. I try to eat 50% fruits and Vegetables, 25% Proteins, and 25% Carbohydrates. I also watch the amount of Calcium and Protein I take because of my allergies. I do take calcium tablets but only because I'm allergic to certain foods. Most importantly let your body tell you what you need to eat- sometimes I'll go into my kitchen my body will tell me it's low on protein (I take about 100-150g of protein a day), calcium or Vitamin C, or Carbohydrates or Fruits and I'll get the foods my body wants. Avoid junk food unless it's healthy like a chocolate protein bar with some nutrients. I also track the sugar I intake and after doing so I realized that after I intake 40g+ of sugar (the sugar in a soda) I ALWAYS feel sleepy tired and bad.

Exercise
    For exercise there are two major components. First is muscle building second is cardio. Both of these are vital to feeling good and affect entirely different muscles. For Cardio- I run 5 times every week. I like to do 2 interval runs on a treadmill ( Tuesday and Thursday 2-3 miles at my mile pace (7 minutes) for .25mile intervals then a short one minute break at 6mph), 2 steady runs (Monday and Wednesday 3 miles at a certain pace- though I frequently interval these runs a bit too but not as much), and one long run outdoors (Sunday- I usually just run for 45 minutes without stopping). I lift upper body weights (bench press- forgot the names of everything else) on Monday and Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday I lift leg weights.

Mind-
    Also keep your mind relaxed as much as possible. Don't overly strain yourself- usually if you start on things early and with the same focus as you would at the last minute- things get done a lot smoother and without stress (have have huge problems with this). Stay optimistic and happy- and try to spend your time around people that create those two feelings in you.

Headaches-
    Go to bed on time and sleep long. If you exercise well, and eat well then you will sleep better. Everything above is interrelated with each other. Also don't spend too much time on the computer- because it leads to eye strain, body posture problems and naturally headaches (I turn the brightness down all the way so I don't get headaches- and try to limit my time to 1 hour a day). Check the air in your room to make sure it isn't too stuffy or too windy which can also cause headaches. Usually headaches are caused by something obvious that we simply don't think of.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Thulean
    Ancestry
    Thule
    freedom
    Religion
    the truth is hidden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks everyone. You have been very kind. I do have quite a healthy lifestyle actually, but it can be improved and I am trying out a lot of different things.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Friday, February 1st, 2019 @ 01:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    Old Prussian / English
    Ancestry
    Baltic Prussian, English, German
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    State
    Pommerania Pommerania
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Anti-Globalist
    Religion
    Early pre-trinitarian Christiani
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Google Vitamin D to see whats being said about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast