Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    This wee animal as you call it is much smarter than you give credit for. I wonder who is respecting animals and who is not? You keep insisting they are dumb and far below thought and reasoning. Also it should be noted that the wee possum carries diseases. Also they are destructive to property and livestock. I should not have to tell a country boy about how important livestock/property is to a rural community.
    You're making stuff up. I never said they were stupid. I said they were innocent, like children are innocent. I love how you malign every animal, you're not currenty killing, and have an excuse for more killing but then accuse me of trolling.

I wonder since I or any other hunter here could care less if you hunt, why should you care that most others here support hunting?
    You started a thread entitled, "How do you feel about hunting" Yet you don't want me responding?

You know one thing I noticed is your avatar a person with a gun ready to fire, does that mean you like killing, you are glorify firing weapons. One does have to ask if you don't like killing why do they post such avatar? Oh you use the excuse that it is in defense, but is it really? Your avatar does look very aggressive does that mean that maybe you are a killer.
    I think Lena Headey is attractive.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    You're making stuff up. I never said they were stupid. I said they were innocent, like children are innocent.
    What makes them innocent, you believe it is their mental ability. You use the term innocent in a opinion manner. Trust me possums are not innocent of anything ask any horse farmer or chicken farmer.

You started a thread entitled, "How do you feel about hunting" Yet you don't want me responding and even accuse me of trolling?
    I never had problem with you stating your opinion, but when you go out of your way to insult hunters and make accusations that most of them are sociopaths one does have to question why you are doing that. I hold no grudges against people who don't hunt. It is only when they try to impose their will on others do I have a problem. You are posting unfounded ideas about people who hunt, even insulting them. I was just asking why you go out of your way to attack people who hunt. The fact is hunting is a natural act whether it is for sport or survival that cannot be denied.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I never had problem with you stating your opinion, but when you go out of your way to insult hunters and make accusations that most of them are sociopaths one does have to question why you are doing that. I hold no grudges against people who don't hunt. It is only when they try to impose their will on others do I have a problem...
    How could anyone possibly impose anything on you? I‘m disagreeing.. I’m usually polite, and I have high standards of behavior, like any good Germanic should. It was wrong to ask if I’m trolling. I’m sure you can ban me, since you can edit my posts.

I shorten your quotes for the same reason you’re merging mine. The thread is large.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    I think Lena Headey is attractive.
    Than why post a picture of her holding a gun in threatening manner with a aggressive expression on her face?

Are there not other pictures of her available?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    How could anyone possibly impose anything on you? I‘m disagreeing.. I’m usually polite, and I have high standards of behavior, like any good Germanic should. It was wrong to ask if I’m trolling. I’m sure you can ban me, since you can edit my posts.
    I have no interest in banning you.

However given the nature of some of your post and your accusations towards myself and other members I do have to ask.

Besides I only report things in the threads I'm involved in, then I let the others staff members decide.

I shorten your quotes for the same reason you’re merging mine. The thread is large.
    You could learn to multi quote. at least by copying and pasting.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    BS.

I hunt deer, and I have ultimate respect for them. I hunt them for meat because it is natural. Humans are part of nature and part of the food chain. I guarantee you deer have a more humane death from a hunter than they do when they're hit by a car, or slowly starve to death when they get old.
    Everything is part of nature by definition. Human activity is still part of nature, but it has no analogy in non-human nature.

Where I live, you cannot drive down the road this time of year without seeing multiple deer carcasses on the side of the road that have been hit by cars. If deer hunting were banned for even one year, the population would be so out of control that you literally would not be able to drive at night.
    So humans need to kill deer so they don't get killed by other humans? I think people seem to be missing the rather obvious solution, which is to identify the common denominator in all these animal-related problems, and reduce their numbers. And that common denominator would be humans.
    Last edited by Zimobog; Sunday, February 6th, 2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: trollish comments removed

Last Online
    Monday, October 24th, 2011 @ 02:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer born is South Africa
    Ancestry
    German/French/Dutch
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christian Reformed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hunters are conservation conscious people

When certain animal populations are not culled, AND they don’t have natural predators, they tend to become overpopulated.

Sometimes it is a really sad story. In South Africa the elephant population of, lets use the Addo Elephant Park (it happens in other parks too), become a huge problem. They destroy huge tracts of parkland in one go. If they are allowed to go on breeding uncontrolled, they will die of hunger. Humans, that’s us hunters, have to intervene for the sake of conservation. It is called culling, BUT this has to be done with a difference.

Elephants are like humans because they mourn their dead “mates/children” for many years. In some cases they weep themselves to death. So, and this is the sad part, if you cull them you have to kill the whole group. Adults as well as babies. If you only kill some of them, the rest will mourn themselves to death. That is cruel. Try and explain that to the veggie tree huggers.

What happens is that they are killed quickly by skilled HUNTERS. They don’t muck around with vegetarians who would like to kiss them goodbye, but use hunters. They (veggies) would probably try and drug the elephants. That would be like seeing your loved ones drown very slowly in front of your eyes, to the elephants. It has to be done quickly and very professionally by hunters. It breaks your heart to do this, especially the babies, but that is the most “humane” way of doing it.

The meat will be cut up and distributed among people who are in need. The skins, teeth, everything will be used. If you drug the animal, only the skin, teeth will be used. The meat has to be chucked away.

Do you thing the Al Gorians will understand that? No, they only see the “ivory” issue.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    German/French/Dutch
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christian Reformed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Veggies are guilty of double standards.

Veggies are guilty of double standards. They believe in minority rules, because they want to impose their minority will onto us majority. If they can accept facts, be quiet and convince other people to stop eating meat, there would so much more for us.

They don’t eat steak, mutton, lamb, venison, but they eat chicken and fish. If you compare the killing of the sheep, cattle, game to that of a fish, we meat-eating (hunters) are good (humane).

The fish would fight for ages (marlin, tuna) or sardines would suffocate in a net, dying of fright, soiling themselves due to claustrophobia. Chickens die quick, but they still have to be caught and handled.

Our meat dies instantly, because a well placed shot would drop a buck in its tracks. It would not even know what happened, because a bullet travels faster than sound.

When we shoot buck for personal use, we go out at night with a spotlight. You hold the buck with your light, get so close that you can go for a head shot and with everything dark around you, cannot miss. You don’t wound the animal.

The benefits of hunting this way are many. Instant kill, no blood and guts all over, complete skin, home early, very safe (no stray bullets). The meat tastes so much better, because it doesn’t have any adrenaline in the muscles. You bleed it out immediately.

If you give that buck a sporting chance, like we normally do with foreign hunters, we locals, join up and kill the wounded animal immediately. Then the fear factor comes into play for the buck. Those hunters are “schooled” in how to do stuff first and they have to stick to the rules. Some are great shots, but there are a few not so great. That is where we come in. We take them as close as possible and drop the animal after they shoot (wound) it. They take the useless part (head and horns) and we enjoy the meat.

It does not matter how humane the hunt is, the excitement is sometimes overpowering. My uncle died of a heart attack after he shot the only kudu of the season. He had tears in his eyes when we got to him. That is a sign of respect for the animal. We’ve had enough meat for the funeral too.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    German/French/Dutch
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Teacher
    Politics
    Conservatism
    Religion
    Christian Reformed
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hamar Fox, if you and your foxy mates are among my sheep, you won’t have a long time to compose stupid comparisons.
    Last edited by Zimobog; Sunday, February 6th, 2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: formating, response to deleated comment

„Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    It was a perfect comparison. A hunter (especially a trophy hunter) pretending to care about animal preservation because he donates money to preserve the animals he likes to blow the heads off is as laughable as a paedophile pretending to care about children because he donates money to disabled orphans.
    The comparison is weak and bad attempt to make an insult. Most hunters respect animals and most hunters are common folk with conservative views. In your comparison you attempt paint the hunter as sicko how the leftist media does. What I think is going on is you are failing to see that hunting is a natural act. Many times people that make such comparisons have been indoctrinated with the idea that a hunter is evil and bad person. Nothing could further from the truth. So in essence the anti-hunter is the one that believes in unnatural thoughts, unnatural thoughts like paedophilia.