View Poll Results: How do you feel about Hunting

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I hunt and support hunting

    65 61.90%
  • No, I don't like hunting

    17 16.19%
  • I like to eat wild game

    38 36.19%
  • No, I don't like wild meat

    3 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 436

Thread: How Do You Feel About Hunting?

  1. #341
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Good to see I have reduced you down to using part of my post and not whole sentences, always a sign your views have not much merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    If that were so, hunters wouldn’t so quickly side with the cattle ranchers that take habitat from wildlife. I mean, look at the hunter comments in this thread. “Kill the foxes cause they steal chickens. "Kill the wolves because they take cattle from the ranchers.” It’s just more excuses to kill. A sickness.
    Funny you mention you own and shoot weapons are they not for killing even in defence?

    So you are one of those that thinks of a utopia where everything is fine and dandy where all nature gets along with one another and it is roses and lollipops without the human race.

    Instead of hunting we could all gather around and sing "we are the world".[sarcasm]

    Hunters would fill up their fridges until they let meat rot, they’d give meat away to black folk to preserve "Germanic tradition." lol.

    If nobody wants the poor dead beasts, like Ed Gein, they’d hide the bodies.
    Well I don't give away meat unless it is to people I know. But sure it is better that hunters give away the meat to any poor instead of giving the poor more government welfare money that can used for everything but food.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  2. #342
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Good to see I have reduced you down to using part of my post and not whole sentences, always a sign your views have not much merit.
    I didn't take you out of context, so it's your accusation that lacks merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Funny you mention you own and shoot weapons are they not for killing even in defence?
    I mentioned it because you were implying that I was a leftist. Plenty of target range enthusiast would never kill an animal. If I was attacked, I would defend myself with a weapon. Although I'm guilty of having done so in my teens, I would never kill an innocent animal.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I never said most anti-hunters are sociopaths, I said most sociopaths are anti-hunters.nice try
    Well I ask, for the third time, that you explain. To be against hunting you would need empathy. It would require that they were bothered by an animals suffering.
    Last edited by SpearBrave; Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: merge post no changes to text

  3. #343
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    Monday, February 20th, 2017 @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Gender
    Posts
    527
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I would certainly be able to hunt and kill an animal, if need be. It is certainly a nobler way to get food than factory farming.

    Yet I would feel sorrow at the same time, to see such a beautiful creature in terror, perishing. And I would certainly be grateful for the meat, to the creature itself as well.

    This is also the reason why I have started to eat far less meat than before. No one needs to eat meat every day.

    At any rate, I despise killing an animal for fun/sport. It goes against good spirit, against creation, and last but not least, the will of Allfather. I’m adamant there are plenty of hunters who say they hunt for ecological reasons, i.e. keeping balance, but are really motivated by the basest pleasure in killing. This is also why my feelings towards the heathen past are not very romantic, for killing for fun has been the hallmark of heathen times. (The saga's for instance display an astonishing disregard for life.) That is not to say there haven't been (nor still aren't) enough horrible Christians.

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    Heinrich Harrer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 @ 10:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Gender
    Religion
    none
    Posts
    786
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    156
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    Well I ask, for the third time, that you explain. To be against hunting you would need empathy. It would require that they were bothered by an animals suffering.
    You're vegan right? Why do you focus so much on hunters? According to you all meat-eaters must be sociopaths, because they are all complicit in the slaughter of animals to fill their bellies. Why don't you say so but single out hunters?

  5. #345
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    I didn't take you out of context, so it's your accusation that lacks merit.
    Never said you took it out context. I am curious that you did not use the whole sentence?


    I mentioned it because you were implying that I was a leftist. Plenty of target range enthusiast would never kill an animal. If I was attacked, I would defend myself with a weapon. Although I'm guilty of having done so in my teens, I would never kill an innocent animal.
    Well to be honest you do share many of the same views about animal 'rights' as leftist do. Although they have their base motives for not liking hunting that I'm sure much differnet from yours.

    How do know if the animal was innocent? First you must define what innocence is. Maybe the animal is guilty of theft another animal's food source.
    Maybe that animal ruthlessly attacked and killed several unarmed plants? Some people think plants have spirits or souls. How do you know they don't?
    Ever wonder where the expression 'Tree Hugger' comes from? Maybe that buck rubbed a tree with his horns until he killed it?
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  6. #346
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Well I really don't hunt coyotes. I do however shoot them with a rifle if they are around the pasture. I always have rifle handy for that purpose. Sorry to disapoint you but I am mostly a bird hunter that kills less than 10% of the birds my dogs point. In fact I even help create habitat for birds on land where hunting is restricted.
    I knew you'd killed coyotes. Knew I'd win that bet! Thanks for being honest there. Sounds like you kill everything in site. How do you have time for anything else with the pig slaughtering, too?

    I'll talk with you more about bird hunting tomorrow, and the dog abuse I've seen from hunters. One case where I found the dog, a black lab named Sam, a home and the sociopath still spitefully killed him. It's killing culture.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    How do know if the animal was innocent? First you must define what innocence is. Maybe the animal is guilty of theft another animal's food source.
    A fox that "steals" an egg isn't twirling his mustache making schemes. He's trying to survive.

    Since they're never more developed than a three year old child, I'd describe them as innocent in the same way as a child.
    Last edited by SpearBrave; Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: merge post no changes to text

  7. #347
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    Well I ask, for the third time, that you explain. To be against hunting you would need empathy. It would require that they were bothered by an animals suffering.
    I also asked you to produce these sociopaths that were hunters, you only used the "IMHO" excuse and not facts.

    I can think of at least one recent sociopath from Arizona that was a leftist and most likely a anti-hunter.

    Also I think I mentioned I don't like to see animals suffering. I don't like to see them starve and die from disease. I think I also stated that hunters practice with their weapons so they can make clean kills without the animal suffering.

    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    A fox that "steals" an egg isn't twirling his mustache making schemes. He's trying to survive.
    Ever think the farmer raising the egg is just trying to survive.

    Since they're never more developed than a three year old child, I'd describe them as innocent in the same way as a child.
    I think some else already explained these animals are cunning, so cunning inn fact that they have had expressions coined after them " cunning as a fox ". Do you think they are that stupid to earn such statements?

    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    I knew you'd killed coyotes. Knew I'd win that bet! Thanks for being honest there. Sounds like you kill everything in site. How do you have time for anything else with the pig slaughtering, too?
    I have killed many of them and would kill many more of them if I did have more time. They are considered vermin around here. Where I live is surrounded by woods and fields. I carry a gun every where and even have one two hidden in the outbuildings just in case I see vermin.

    That honesty you speak of is not victory for you, it only states I am more about being natural. Right now in this area coyotes are my natural enemy so it is natural to kill them when I have the chance.

    The pig slaughtering is done as group effort mostly family. Wait another Germanic tradition of friends and family joining together to share the task of providing food.
    Last edited by SpearBrave; Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 01:07 AM. Reason: merge post no changes to text
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinrich Harrer View Post
    You're vegan right? Why do you focus so much on hunters? According to you all meat-eaters must be sociopaths, because they are all complicit in the slaughter of animals to fill their bellies. Why don't you say so but single out hunters?
    I know it's a lot to read, but I said earlier that hunting, if done correctly, and not for sport, is far better than factory farming, where some animals never have a good day their entire lives.

    That still doesn't mean that many hunters are just savages with pickup trucks.

  9. #349
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I also asked you to produce these sociopaths that were hunters, you only used the "IMHO" excuse and not facts.

    I can think of at least one recent sociopath from Arizona that was a leftist and most likely a anti-hunter.
    Pure conjecture. There's no proof he was anti-hunting. You said every sociopath you met was anti-hunting. Didn't he keep animal skiulls in the backyard? Closer to a hunter mounting heads on the wall, or posting photos of a buck he'd killed on the internet, than a person opposed to hunting.

    Another absurdity was your claiming that you prevent people from going on welfare by giving them animals you‘ve killed. Delusions of grandeur.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I think some else already explained these animals are cunning, so cunning inn fact that they have had expressions coined after them...
    There's also "playing possum." Yet another aspersion on a wee animal that can barely see a foot in front of him. It’s an involuntary comatose-like state brought on because the poor thing is terrified.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    That honesty you speak of is not victory for you, it only states I am more about being natural. Right now in this area coyotes are my natural enemy so it is natural to kill them when I have the chance.
    I wouldn't be so presumptious to call it a victory. It does prove that you'd use any excuse to keep killing. You said earlier you were killing to control populations, then you kill the natural predators, which is more self-refutation. It's a thing hunters prefer to keep secret.
    Last edited by Anselm; Friday, February 4th, 2011 at 04:39 AM. Reason: merge post no changes to text

  10. #350
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    Pure conjecture. There's no proof he was anti-hunting. You said every sociopath you met was anti-hunting. Didn't he keep animal skiulls in the backyard? Closer to a hunter mounting heads on the wall, or posting photos of a buck he'd killed on the internet, than a person opposed to hunting.
    I have met anti-hunters who kept animal skulls and even pelts that does not mean anything. It only means you are making the assumptions also, something you have a habit of doing in this thread, like labeling most hunter as sociopaths.

    You know one thing I noticed is your avatar a person with a gun ready to fire, does that mean you like killing, you are glorify firing weapons. One does have to ask if you don't like killing why do they post such avatar? Oh you use the excuse that it is in defense, but is it really? Your avatar does look very aggressive does that mean that maybe you are a killer.


    Another absurdity was your claiming that you prevent people from going on welfare by giving them animals you‘ve killed. Delusions of grandeur.
    Well actually I started a thread about doing this very type of thing before you entered into this discussion. Yes with enough people in local area sharing their game and food you could help keep people off government assistance.


    I don't think it is I who suffering from any delusions, I'm not the who thinks hunting is a unnatural act for man. Or are you just trolling?

    There's also "playing possum." That’s an aspersion on a wee animal that can barely see a foot in front of him. It’s an involuntary comatose-like state brought on because the poor thing is terrified.
    This wee animal as you call it is much smarter than you give credit for. I wonder who is respecting animals and who is not? You keep insisting they are dumb and far below thought and reasoning. Also it should be noted that the wee possum carries diseases. Also they are destructive to property and livestock. I should not have to tell a country boy about how important livestock/property is to a rural community.

    I wouldn't be so presumptious to call it a victory. It does prove that you'd use any excuse to keep killing. You said earlier you were killing to control populations, then you kill the natural predators. It's a thing hunters prefer to keep secret.
    I think maybe you are confusing excuse with reason. I stated one of the reason why I kill coyotes. I could list more. Actually they prey on animal I don't hunt(rabbits). We have almost no wild rabbits in this area because of coyotes.

    I wonder since I or any other hunter here could care less if you hunt, why should you care that most others here support hunting? Are you afraid to admit that man hunting other animals is natural act? Or are you afraid that maybe how you have been viewing things is unnatural? Or are you afraid that you may have bought into propaganda that is unnatural?

    About killing natural predators coyotes do not prey on deer here otherwise we would not be over populated with deer. We are very much over populated with coyotes, raccoons, possums, foxes, squirrels, field mice, starlings, crows, and a whole lot of other animals that no one hunts in large numbers. Not to mention we are over populated by deer which is the preferred game animal by most hunters in this area.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Similar Threads

  1. Louis Theroux, African Hunting
    By Hersir in forum Film, TV, & Performing Arts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
  2. Moose Hunting in Alaska
    By Zimobog in forum Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Friday, September 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM
  3. Should I Get Into Bow Hunting?
    By Azdaja in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Saturday, August 16th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •