View Poll Results: How do you feel about Hunting

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I hunt and support hunting

    65 61.90%
  • No, I don't like hunting

    17 16.19%
  • I like to eat wild game

    38 36.19%
  • No, I don't like wild meat

    3 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 436

Thread: How Do You Feel About Hunting?

  1. #331
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Funny most leftist are anti-hunting and they support things like NAMBLA. Do you know what NAMBLA is ?
    I'm not a leftist. I still go, although rarely, stump shooting with a bow, and I'm sure you know what that is. I still go to the range and fire my 1911A1 and my BHP.
    Last edited by Zimobog; Sunday, February 6th, 2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: edited trollish comments

  2. #332
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    It was most likely wolves and bears in Indiana. But the "preservation concerned" hunters killed them all. That's what happened here anyway.
    Well during the "wolf hunting" thread I researched the historic range of wolves and I myself was surprised that my area of Indiana was not included in this. The Black Bears that were here were not much of predators on the deer,elk and bison.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  3. #333
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Is letting animals and people starve...
    You never explained how people will starve.

  4. #334
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Really they don't shoot at other game/predators most of the time as guns shots would scare the targeted animals. Again you know that because you were brought up in hunting traditions.
    If they're tired of sitting in the stand, they'll shoot anything. I wish you'd acknowledge that this stuff commonly goes on, because it does, and you well know it.

  5. #335
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    I understand that they enjoy taunting their opposition in this thread, and that's their reason for posting the pics. But why did they originally take the photos and store them on their computer? Presumably not as ammunition in some future online debate. It's rather that they're truly proud of being responsible for that blood carcass's existence. That pretty much throws the noble angle of 'thinning out numbers for the good of the universe' out the window.
    Taking pictures of hunts and the game taken is a way of honoring the hunt and the animal. They have been doing this for thousands of years in almost every culture ( cave drawings ). Also saving of heads and skulls, it does honor the animal that is why I take pictures.

    I am curious that on gardening sites they post pictures of the vegetables, do people feel sorry for the carrot that was killed and eaten? After all are not plants living things also.

    I wonder if they'd spent a day with the animal they killed, if it nuzzled them affectionately or ate out of their hand, tickling as it did it, they'd still want to kill the animal. Even if they did -- say for food -- surely they wouldn't take photos of it and smugly post them online.
    Funny I do talk to the hogs and steers I butcher. I scratch their heads and look them over all the time. When I butcher hogs next would you like to see photos? I thought of taking some for the "do you butcher your own meat thread" .

    Yes I am proud of the fact I kill and butcher my own meat.

    They lack respect for animals despite what they've said in this thread.
    I respect any animal I kill more than any anti-hunter that is for sure. As the animal knows that hunting and killing is natural and does not try and go against nature.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  6. #336
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    I wish they would kill some of the coyotes around here that way they would not get as many calves each spring.
    But you refute yourself. You hunt because the animals will overpopulate, yet you wish "they'd" kill some coyotes, a natural predator. You say "they'd" but I'd bet my life that you have killed them yourself.

  7. #337
    Aka Garrett
    Gerulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 9th, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Religion
    the old ways
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    They lack respect for animals despite what they've said in this thread.


    I hunt deer, and I have ultimate respect for them. I hunt them for meat because it is natural. Humans are part of nature and part of the food chain. I guarantee you deer have a more humane death from a hunter than they do when they're hit by a car, or slowly starve to death when they get old.

    Where I live, you cannot drive down the road this time of year without seeing multiple deer carcasses on the side of the road that have been hit by cars. If deer hunting were banned for even one year, the population would be so out of control that you literally would not be able to drive at night.

    As far as wildlife conservation goes, hunters in the U.S. contribute over $700 million every year to wildlife conservation. Hunters and fishermen also fund over 75% of the annual income for all 50 state conservation agencies.
    Last edited by Zimobog; Sunday, February 6th, 2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: removed vulgarity

  8. #338
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    You never explained how people will starve. And you never really answered how most anti-hunters are sociopaths.
    Without hunting animals would starve, in some areas(here) people would starve, yes we have starvation here in the U.S.. Not only that would you rather prefer them to go on a government program ?

    I never said most anti-hunters are sociopaths, I said most sociopaths are anti-hunters.nice try

    I'll tell you how most hunters I've met are sociopathic, IMHO at least. I'll give some gruesome accounts, and I only hunted from ages 15 to 20.
    Are they proven sociopaths or is this just your IMHO?

    I have hunted from the age of 6 and have met no sociopaths in 38 years. I can give you some very gruesome accounts committed by non-hunters if you like.
    But I'm sure you're aware of your community's cruelty, and will continue to reach and romanticise it as Germanic tradition lol.
    What you call cruelty I call natural and this natural act is a Germanic tradition. My first name is very Germanic and is related to hunting and war or I guess that would be cruel also.

    So yes I plan to continue hunting and encourage other to hunt.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  9. #339
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    No really he wants to preserve nature...
    If that were so, hunters wouldn’t so quickly side with the cattle ranchers that take habitat from wildlife. I mean, look at the hunter comments in this thread. “Kill the foxes cause they steal chickens. "Kill the wolves because they take cattle from the ranchers.” It’s just more excuses to kill. A sickness.

    Hunters would fill up their fridges until they let meat rot, they’d give meat away to black folk to preserve "Germanic tradition." lol.

    If nobody wants the poor dead beasts, like Ed Gein, they’d hide the bodies.

  10. #340
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    But you refute yourself. You hunt because the animals will overpopulate, yet you wish "they'd" kill some coyotes, a natural predator. You say "they'd" but I'd bet my life that you have killed them yourself.
    Well I really don't hunt coyotes. I do however shoot them with a rifle if they are around the pasture. I always have rifle handy for that purpose. Sorry to disapoint you but I am mostly a bird hunter that kills less than 10% of the birds my dogs point. In fact I even help create habitat for birds on land where hunting is restricted.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Similar Threads

  1. Louis Theroux, African Hunting
    By Hersir in forum Film, TV, & Performing Arts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
  2. Moose Hunting in Alaska
    By Zimobog in forum Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Friday, September 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM
  3. Should I Get Into Bow Hunting?
    By Azdaja in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Saturday, August 16th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •