View Poll Results: How do you feel about Hunting

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, I hunt and support hunting

    65 61.90%
  • No, I don't like hunting

    17 16.19%
  • I like to eat wild game

    38 36.19%
  • No, I don't like wild meat

    3 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 436

Thread: How Do You Feel About Hunting?

  1. #291
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zacht View Post
    I agree that there are to many. With the way you talk though, it makes it seem as if some really high percentage are cruel people...
    I feel that it's a "sport" that attracts sociopaths. They kill past their limit, saying they're controlling the population. Meanwhile, they kill any natural predator in the area. They just love killing.

    It takes a person without empathy to be glib about killing, imho.

  2. #292
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    I mean, just look at that and explain why such a beautful thing should die:

    I agree mate. The fur trade is flagrantly cruel. And the "gang hunts" make good English "gentlemen" no better than a gang of bullying negros on a subway in NYC.

  3. #293
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    I feel that it's a "sport" that attracts sociopaths. They kill past their limit, saying they're controlling the population. Meanwhile, they kill any natural predator in the area. They just love killing.
    I feel that you don't know very many sport hunters or maybe you get your ideas from the media on how hunters really are. I know a lot of hunters in fact most people I know in real life are hunters and I don't know any sociopaths. In fact every sociopath I ever met or heard of was anti-hunting. The media portrays hunters as sociopaths through movies. Most hunters are in fact very good hearted people.

    Most hunters contribute far to saving the environment and habit of wild animals than any anti-hunter. Most really do care for being outside and nature that is what draws them there in the first place.

    It takes a person without empathy to be glib about killing, imho.
    It takes a person that believes in utopia not to gest about killing, death, and other realisms.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  4. #294
    Aka Garrett
    Gerulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 9th, 2012 @ 04:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, German
    Subrace
    Keltic-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Religion
    the old ways
    Posts
    107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This is a little off topic, but I noticed there are a few vegans here. How do you get the essential amino acids from a vegan diet?

  5. #295
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    In fact every sociopath I ever met or heard of was anti-hunting.
    Please explain? I can't imagine how this is so, since most serial killers begin by killing and torturing animals for pleasure. So, IMHO, many sociopaths are drawn to hunting or killing for "sport."

    I grew up hunting, so my opinions are based on my experiences with other hunters. I can think of two older guys that, although trophy hunters, were respectful to animals. Most were thugs. I know another guy, that I'm buddies with to this day, that quit hunting altogether because he almost shot a guy to stop him from torturing a possum.

    Empathy isn't selective IMHO. If you haven't emapthy for animals, you've none at all, and that makes you a sociopath.

  6. #296
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    This is a little off topic, but I noticed there are a few vegans here. How do you get the essential amino acids from a vegan diet?
    http://www.vegfamily.com/dietician/0105a.htm

    That's the first link I could find. I've been vegan for 11 years, and I haven't had any problems.

  7. #297
    Senior Member
    theTasmanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Prussian X Anglo/Celt
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Tasmania Tasmania
    Location
    Hobart
    Gender
    Age
    46
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Back to Boilermaker/weldering
    Politics
    not the Greens
    Religion
    Pagan
    Posts
    815
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamar Fox View Post
    How did 'the forefathers' let multiculturalism happen? The generation that imported the foxes didn't let multiculturalism happen at all.

    So we've established you hate foxes and want them to die, but as of yet I've not seen any particular reason why. You don't eat them; you certainly don't need their fur. All this pointless hatred and abuse towards animals has a fairly obvious origin: Law prohibits us from venting our inherent aggression towards one another. So why not take it out on something that can't fight back and, better still, has no rights, yeah?

    It's essentially no different from 5 guys against 1, and that 1 guy being disabled and blind. And all because those 5 guys got their ass kicked by 10 guys the day before. We hate our boss, our mother-in-law, our ex-wife's new boyfriend, that guy who cut you off when you were driving home, so we shoot animals in the face, because, like I said, law doesn't permit us to vent against the real objects of our anger.

    I like how Wynterwade said animals populations should be controlled so people don't dent their cars on the deer they kill. Why not control the human population so deer don't get killed by dented cars? I couldn't care less about non-NW Europeans, which means I don't care about 95%+ of the world's population. I value animals much more, so if I were to kill an animal, I'd know that it was only because I was too cowardly to do anything against things I value less, solely because what I value less happens to have legal protection and the ability to fight back; in short, it would be an act of pure cowardice.
    Wow some one has sand in their....well lets not go there

    Fact 1
    English imported them to kill the Rabbits(that they imported to eat and hunt) and as Sport and doing so completely f*ck the Balance of Native Animal life here(the Coons Imported them selves here just like Anglo's did in England ) thus the Fox now Kills far more native Animals that ARE a food source and are Defenceless against the fox

    Fact 2
    I live in a state with no Foxes but when i do go to one that does the Farmers normally ask for me to shoot any faxes that i see why because the kill anything they can eat,Lambs,chooks even calves so they are a pest e.g Vermin

    so there in is the point in killing them all in Australia

    Fact 3
    I always kill humanly i don't shoot them or anything in the Ass etc its just dumb If your going to do a job then do it properly

    Fact 4
    If you love animals that much go cap your self because your simple existence will in some way make their life worse

    Fact 5
    It was the descendants of those founding Fathers that let the white Australia policy go by the way side and if you look at the skank we have as PM you might note that she's from over there please take her back


    PS yes i enjoy being a great shot and eating the yummy little Wallaby(that your precious fox would kill) that's skin now graces my floor for my soon to be born Germanic son to lay on and so i don't care how you feel about it but as its a largely free speech type forum feel free to have your say
    Tasmanian twice the heads!!.......twice the intelligence!?

  8. #298
    Senior Member
    Anselm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011 @ 05:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Scotland, and England
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    It takes a person that believes in utopia not to gest about killing, death, and other realisms.
    I love a good joke, but what I meant was being dismissive about indefensible behaviour, if that makes sense. And modern hunting isn't about survival or "realism" really, it's about killing for pleasure. We're talking about it here in the "leisure" section.

    Where is the sport in killing a poor animal with the mental capacity of a 3 year old child? I mean really, most of the people that fancy themselves survivalist wouldn’t last a week without their cholesterol medication.

  9. #299
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    Please explain? I can't imagine how this is so, since most serial killers begin by killing and toruring animals for pleasure. So, IMHO, many sociopaths are drawn to hunting or killing for "sport."
    Torturing animals for pleasure is not hunting, it is just plain sick. How many serial killers have been hunters?

    Most hunters either eat their kill or use the pelts. Even sport hunters, they respect the animals they hunt. They maintain habit, fight to retain open land, pay extra taxes, train and maintain their skill with firearms to make clean kills.

    I grew up hunting, so my opinions are based on my experiences with other hunters. I can think of two older guys that, although trophy hunters, were respectful to animals. Most were thugs. I know another guy, that I'm buddies with to this day, that quit hunting altogether because he almost shot a guy to stop him from torturing a possum.
    I can think of quite a few old men like that and quite a few young ones as well.

    Most thugs I ever met were city folks, that did not hunt at all. I wonder if the guy torturing the possum is even still 'hunting', as that does not sound like any hunting I ever heard of.

    Empathy isn't selective IMHO. If you haven't emapthy for animals, you've none at all, and that makes you a sociopath.
    Is letting animals and people starve and die a cruel death empathy? Most hunters have much empathy for animals, some even go hunting and don't even take game.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  10. #300
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Tuesday, June 7th, 2022 @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Idaho Idaho
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    55
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,809
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,487
    Thanked in
    721 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by casualty View Post
    I love a good joke, but what I meant was being dismissive about indefensible behaviour, if that makes sense. And modern hunting isn't about survival or "realism" really, it's about killing for pleasure. We're talking about it here in the "leisure" section.
    Well I would not call hunting indefensible behaviour. I can assure modern hunting is just as real as anything else in life as it is a part of life at least for some of us.

    This thread is in the leisure section because this is where the admins decided it should be, I requested that hunting and fishing have its own sub forum some time ago.

    Where is the sport in killing a poor animal with the mental capacity of a 3 year old child? I mean really, most of the people that fancy themselves survivalist wouldn’t last a week without their cholesterol medication.
    You say you grew up hunting than you should know how hard it is to take game it requires both skill and luck.

    Most people who are survivalist don't call themselves such.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Similar Threads

  1. Louis Theroux, African Hunting
    By Hersir in forum Film, TV, & Performing Arts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, March 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
  2. Moose Hunting in Alaska
    By Zimobog in forum Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Friday, September 25th, 2009, 11:23 PM
  3. Should I Get Into Bow Hunting?
    By Azdaja in forum Self-Defense & the Art of War
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Saturday, August 16th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •