Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts

Scientists Suggest That Cancer is Purely Man-Made

Cancer is a modern, man-made disease caused by environmental factors such as pollution and diet, a study by University of Manchester scientists has strongly suggested.

The study of remains and literature from ancient Egypt and Greece and earlier periods – carried out at Manchester’s KNH Centre for Biomedical Egyptology and published in Nature Reviews Cancer – includes the first histological diagnosis of cancer in an Egyptian mummy.

Finding only one case of the disease in the investigation of hundreds of Egyptian mummies, with few references to cancer in literary evidence, proves that cancer was extremely rare in antiquity. The disease rate has risen massively since the Industrial Revolution, in particular childhood cancer – proving that the rise is not simply due to people living longer.

Professor Rosalie David, at the Faculty of Life Sciences, said: “In industrialised societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death. But in ancient times, it was extremely rare. There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.”

She added: “The important thing about our study is that it gives a historical perspective to this disease. We can make very clear statements on the cancer rates in societies because we have a full overview. We have looked at millennia, not one hundred years, and have masses of data.”

The data includes the first ever histological diagnosis of cancer in an Egyptian mummy by Professor Michael Zimmerman, a visiting Professor at the KNH Centre, who is based at the Villanova University in the US. He diagnosed rectal cancer in an unnamed mummy, an ‘ordinary’ person who had lived in the Dakhleh Oasis during the Ptolemaic period (200-400 CE).

Professor Zimmerman said: “In an ancient society lacking surgical intervention, evidence of cancer should remain in all cases. The virtual absence of malignancies in mummies must be interpreted as indicating their rarity in antiquity, indicating that cancer causing factors are limited to societies affected by modern industrialization”.

The team studied both mummified remains and literary evidence for ancient Egypt but only literary evidence for ancient Greece as there are no remains for this period, as well as medical studies of human and animal remains from earlier periods, going back to the age of the dinosaurs.

Evidence of cancer in animal fossils, non-human primates and early humans is scarce – a few dozen, mostly disputed, examples in animal fossils, although a metastatic cancer of unknown primary origin has been reported in an Edmontosaurus fossil while another study lists a number of possible neoplasms in fossil remains. Various malignancies have been reported in non-human primates but do not include many of the cancers most commonly identified in modern adult humans.

It has been suggested that the short life span of individuals in antiquity precluded the development of cancer. Although this statistical construct is true, individuals in ancient Egypt and Greece did live long enough to develop such diseases as atherosclerosis, Paget's disease of bone, and osteoporosis, and, in modern populations, bone tumours primarily affect the young.

Another explanation for the lack of tumours in ancient remains is that tumours might not be well preserved. Dr. Zimmerman has performed experimental studies indicating that mummification preserves the features of malignancy and that tumours should actually be better preserved than normal tissues. In spite of this finding, hundreds of mummies from all areas of the world have been examined and there are still only two publications showing microscopic confirmation of cancer. Radiological surveys of mummies from the Cairo Museum and museums in Europe have also failed to reveal evidence of cancer.

As the team moved through the ages, it was not until the 17th century that they found descriptions of operations for breast and other cancers and the first reports in scientific literature of distinctive tumours have only occurred in the past 200 years, such as scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps in 1775, nasal cancer in snuff users in 1761 and Hodgkin’s disease in 1832.

Professor David – who was invited to present her paper to UK Cancer Czar Professor Mike Richards and other oncologists at this year’s UK Association of Cancer Registries and National Cancer Intelligence Network conference – said: “Where there are cases of cancer in ancient Egyptian remains, we are not sure what caused them. They did heat their homes with fires, which gave off smoke, and temples burned incense, but sometimes illnesses are just thrown up.”

She added: “The ancient Egyptian data offers both physical and literary evidence, giving a unique opportunity to look at the diseases they had and the treatments they tried. They were the fathers of pharmacology so some treatments did work

“They were very inventive and some treatments thought of as magical were genuine therapeutic remedies. For example, celery was used to treat rheumatism back then and is being investigated today. Their surgery and the binding of fractures were excellent because they knew their anatomy: there was no taboo on working with human bodies because of mummification. They were very hands on and it gave them a different mindset to working with bodies than the Greeks, who had to come to Alexandria to study medicine.”

She concluded: “Yet again extensive ancient Egyptian data, along with other data from across the millennia, has given modern society a clear message – cancer is man-made and something that we can and should address.”

Source http://www.physorg.com/news/2010-10-...-man-made.html

since humankind departed from nature and our place in it, by means of our large brains, we developed the inbalance which gets larger everyday, could it have been a different outcome, yes I believe it could have, now proving that is another story.
    What?! Im taken aback! I would have never guessed, that eating bags of chemicals, drinking chemical sludge, and breathing chemical vapors everytime we fill our cars with hazardous chemicals, would be the cause of free radicals inside you body causing your cells to act in an adnormal fashion. Tell me something else, 'cause this is gettin good!
    "No natural causes of cancer found in nature"?
    How about Radon?

"Make strong old dreams lest our world lose heart." -Ezra Pound

Support Skadi forum

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 @ 08:58 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    England England
    Married
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I would imagine that life expectancy was much shorter centuries ago so cancer didnt have time to kick in.
    Thats just a guess...interesting article though.

Germania incognita
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyAtkins View Post
    I would imagine that life expectancy was much shorter centuries ago so cancer didnt have time to kick in.
    Thats just a guess...interesting article though.
    In the hunter and gatherer cultures before agroculture, life expectancy was very high. But I dont know if cancer was a common cause of dying, I guess not.
    We get more free radicals in our body now so it increases the chance for cancer very much.

"Make strong old dreams lest our world lose heart." -Ezra Pound

Support Skadi forum

Bloodhound
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    We get more free radicals in our body now so it increases the chance for cancer very much.
    Free radicals are more likely than not, NOT the cause for cancer, or at "best", a very minor factor.
    In any case, it is still unknown why we do get cancer at all, statistical studies correlate cancer with cell mutations.
    Radiation induced mutations may or may not lead to cancer, which is interesting regarding its causal potential, we simply do not know all the variables leading to cancer.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

Last Online
    Sunday, March 8th, 2020 @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    665 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyAtkins
    As the article points out, many forms of cancer already manifest in young people. It's not a desease that comes with age.

Look for example at the highland Tibetians, or Japanese. They often reach more than 90 years, yet cancer is wide and large absent in their population.

The Tibetians have a high-dosis vitamine B12 diet from the fruits they eat, which is even believed to be able to heal cancer (not that this would be considered in the synthetic western medicine which radiates you with nuclear rays to treat cancer or injects radioactive material into your veins), the Japanese have a high-dosis Omega 3 acids diet from all the fish they eat, which actively fights radicals in your body.

A stone age diet based mainly on meat (animal proteins) is also believed to reduce the risk to develop cancer. Although this, with all the garbage found nowadays in meat (growth hormones, hormones that stop this growth again, antibiotica which is part of the daily feeding, pesticides from poisoned feeding grains and what have you), could make it rather backfiring. The animal proteins themselves do have this positive effect though.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 09:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I have always thought that Cancer was man made and after I watched a
    program on a black women named Henrietta Lacks this belief of mine was
    pretty much cemented forever.This women died of Cervical Cancer and some
    of her cancerous cells were taken out by Doctors and used for many years
    by cancer researchers because her cells never died for some mysterious
    reason.Come to find out somehow her Cancer Cells have invaded every
    known Lab Cell Stock In The World.Make you wonder if her Cancer cells is
    what is infecting everyone with cancer today.

"In 1974, a researcher by the name of Walter Nelson-Rees started what everyone called a nasty rumor: HeLa cells, he claimed, had infiltrated the world's stock of cell cultures. No one wanted to believe him. For almost three decades researchers had done complex experiments on what they thought were breast cells, prostate cells, or placental cells, and suddenly, rumor had it they'd been working with HeLa cells all along. To believe this would be to believe that years of work and millions of dollars had, in essence, been wasted.

The truth was, Henrietta's cells had traveled through the air, on hands, or the tips of pipettes, overpowering any cell cultures they encountered. And researchers had no idea. There was no way to know which cells were growing in the petri dish. And there was no universally accepted test for a cell culture's identity. To accept or reject the theory that HeLa cells had taken over, researchers wanted more evidence. This required detailed information about the cells' source. But they knew only the barest facts about Henrietta: She was black, she was a woman, and she was dead. "

http://www.jhu.edu/jhumag/0400web/01.html

This stuff scares me.

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Vinlander
    Ancestry
    England, Norse, Dutch
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Blue Collar field work
    Politics
    Ethnocentric Tribalism
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In my family "Cancer" hits women much larger in percentage than the men in my family the men are more prone to heart issues.

I can see how modern pollutions and or toxins we intake daily or that we are exposed to daily can create cell mutation.
    We as modern men have created a new world chalk full of UN-natural toxins and pollutions that nature would not on an average leave any animal creature exposed to, to leave the possibility of this "cell mutation" to happen in past or present history.

One of my professors in recent years gained a phobia of such UN-natural man made materials that we as the majority are exposed to daily; such as "Teflon" but i am not well versed in modern petroleum products or other newly man made items in our daily lives to give more detailed analysis of but as stated before i can see how UN-natural elements can cause new mutations in our genetic structure.

Our bodies are widely dependent on a balanced surrounding life and also a balanced nature around us.

my 2 cents