Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Polytheism, Pantheism, Animism, A Combination or What?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Fyrgenholt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Gender
    Posts
    499
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Polytheism, Pantheism, Animism, A Combination or What?

    I'm not entirely sure how to eleborate on this as it is a thought process I find difficult to translate into words, despite the clarity in my mind, and because of that, I will pose a series of questions and use any responses posted as fuel to influence my responses.

    Does Pantheism, Animism, or a combination of the two have a role in reconstructing pre-Christian practice, can Pantheism be coupled with Polytheism in regards to such a thing and how applicable is Shamanism to the pre-Christian traditions? Is Shamanism best applied to Pantheistic religion or is it not? Do these concepts have grounding in already known sources (considering much of what we already know is both perceptive and subjective)?

    I believe wherever you look you see elements of Shamanism and Animism too is very strongly established. Pantheism, however, is questionable on a variety of levels.

    It would be interesting to hear what people think.

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, July 16th, 2012 @ 01:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Alabama Alabama
    Gender
    Age
    39
    Family
    Married, happily
    Occupation
    Tree Wizard
    Religion
    Wotanist
    Posts
    428
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    Does Pantheism, Animism, or a combination of the two have a role in reconstructing pre-Christian practice,
    ..pre-Christian practice of what..??

    ..no..not a lot..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    ..can Pantheism be coupled with Polytheism in regards to such a thing
    On second thought though..maybe a little bit

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    and how applicable is Shamanism to the pre-Christian traditions?
    Not a lot really. Where is Odin's drum..?? Yggdrasil's ordeal ain't shamanic..!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    Is Shamanism best applied to Pantheistic religion or is it not?
    No,..how come you want to equate Pantheistic religion with "pre-Christian traditions"..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    Do these concepts have grounding in already known sources (considering much of what we already know is both perceptive and subjective)?
    Subjective and Perceptive have no Grounds..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    I believe wherever you look you see elements of Shamanism and Animism too is very strongly established. Pantheism, however, is questionable on a variety of levels.
    No, it's ole' timey Indo-European religion, and all of that is adding on..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    It would be interesting to hear what people think.
    ..well there you go..

    Later,
    -Lyfing

Similar Threads

  1. Animism, a Solution to the Problem of Consciousness?
    By Dagna in forum Comparative Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Friday, March 13th, 2009, 03:44 PM
  2. Masks in European Animism
    By Dagna in forum Comparative Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, March 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
  3. Natural Pantheism: a Spiritual Approach to Nature and the Cosmos
    By Frans_Jozef in forum Germanic Heathenry
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Friday, November 30th, 2007, 11:09 AM
  4. The Druidic Religion
    By Tomas. in forum Indo-Germanic Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 10:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •