+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Most Slavs Have a Built-In Sentiment of Aversion Towards the German People?

Unregistered

Do Most Slavs Have a Built-In Sentiment of Aversion Towards the German People?

I've never met a Slav that loved Germans. The Slavic word for German is a derogatory term, Nemec (sp?), meaning mute.

Do you think most Slavs have a built-in sentiment of aversion towards the German people?

Last Online
    Thursday, February 23rd, 2012 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    German Empire German Empire
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When there is any disagreement of Slavic people with Germans, this is not because of races or ethnic reasons.
    I think there are many important things these two peoples have in common, and there are many on both sides who know about this.

But the reason why some slavic persons talk inproperly about germans might be that the communistic regime has told them so.
    Nearly a century the communists have influenced the slavic population against Germany and themes like Nationalism.

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Youth
    Occupation
    would-be historian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Slavs and especially western ones have deeply ingrained complex of inferiority toward Germany. That is becouse in the middle ages German Reich was light years ahead of their bamboo statehoods and was also a source of modernisation and acquring of new cultural trends fro these nations. German settlers from the Reich founded most of towns in the slavic countries, and up to XVII century 80% cities in slavic territories were german-speaking and had ethnic german composition. Slavs were mainly a caste of superstitious peasants who lived in villages. Like Brits in Africa, we were pioniers of progress and civilization in these wild frontiers of Europe. And for that Polacks and Czechs hate us.

Funny thing that such modern-day centres of slavic culture as Prague and Cracow, were built from scratch by settlers from the Reich and had for many centuries predominantly german composition.

There is of course unresolved issue of scandalous theft of ethnic german territories like Ostpreussen or Silesia or Sudetenland after 1945, which was a clear violation of any possible international laws and made with violence and ethnic cleansing.

Captain Nemo - SF
    And this is probably why myny cities in Germany had Slavic names, not so long ago...

Leiptzig was Lipsko until not so long ago, and even Berlin derives from "Brlyina", hich means plase with sources/water.
    Many toponyms in Germany are of Slavic origin...

Last Online
    Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011 @ 08:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Schlesien
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Silesia Silesia
    Youth
    Occupation
    would-be historian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Many cities in East Germany have Slavic origin because Slavs took over these cities in VI-VIIth centuries and dominated there demographically for about 700 years, however Berlin and other towns existed well before the Poles and their kin appeared in these beautiful parts. In 100 AD all area between Rhine and Vistula was known as Ancient Germania and Roman sources tell about numerous Germanic cities there. It were the Slavs that invaded Germanic lands and influenced them genetically, not the other way around (history clearly repeats itself, after the last war Poles stole over 500 cities from Germany and now keep telling themselves that they were always "Slavic").

Last Online
    Sunday, August 21st, 2016 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England,Germany, Finland
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    natural law
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Well I know my aunt who married into the family is of polish decent and she has a attitude towards the whole side of this family especially my mother who is of german decent. That is okay because my mother says racial things back to her about her being polish. That is my personal experience from this subject.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 @ 04:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnon (Brünn)
    Country
    State
    New Hampshire New Hampshire
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Landscaper
    Politics
    Something new...
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It varrys individual to individual. I don't see it though, not people I know, not me neither! I imagine there are people like that, and not just towards Germans. People can feel that way towards Slavs, or Africans or anyone else, really... Just a matter of meer psychology!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnon (Brünn)
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Landscaper
    Politics
    Something new...
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebirgsjäger View Post
    It's not as simple as that... I'm from a slavic country and as an ethnic German I can tell you that it's extremely hard to get along with some people here . Most of them, especially the older ones who were brainwashed during the commie era are true fanatical haters of everything German. They call the Germans ''nazis, criminals...'' and every Volksdeutscher is a traitor for them... Most of them don't even want to hear about the German minority . Even in towns which were German less then a hundred years ago they say that it's ''slavic land'' and that Germans are not welcome there.

There was once an event, sort of an ''evening of ethnic minorities '' in the town of Marburg which is now occupied by non-Germans . The slavic people(mostly serbian immigrants) started to shout anti-German paroles and throw stuff around when the German minority was dancing and singing their songs. There was another event when an old Gottscheer ethnic German hung a German flag trough his window... Some people, probably communists called the police and he had to remove the flag... (Later the police sent him a letter in which they apologized for that incident).

It's horrible that such things happen at this time... We are in the 21. century and not in the year of 1945... I truly hope that one day Germany will rise again and reclaim all the lost lands. We will await our Reichsdeutsche Brothers with our right hands raised .
    Maybe it might be that way in your deppresing home-town, and the rest of Islamic and 3rd-world Europe, but here in good ol' Amerika, most, if not all, don't give a flying fuck what you are. Till your walking over their bodies. And unless you're white, then it gets hard.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Gebirgsjäger, since you live in Slovenia I assume you speak their language. In many Slavic languages (and even the non-Slavic Hungarian) the word for German is similar to "Nemški" (Slovene) "Němec" (Czech) "Német" (Hungarian). I heard somewhere that the origin of this word means something like "theif" or "outsider" is this true?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnon (Brünn)
    Country
    State
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Landscaper
    Politics
    Something new...
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Actually that is true. It means almost a "baron" person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast