Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: U.S. Tries to Make It Easier to Wiretap the Internet

  1. #1
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Dagna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    Friday, July 31st, 2020 @ 03:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Northern German, Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Norway Norway
    Location
    Norway
    Gender
    Age
    42
    Politics
    Classic Liberalism
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

    U.S. Tries to Make It Easier to Wiretap the Internet

    U.S. Tries to Make It Easier to Wiretap the Internet

    Posted on 27 September 2010

    Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations for the Internet, arguing that their ability to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects is “going dark” as people increasingly communicate online instead of by telephone.

    Essentially, officials want Congress to require all services that enable communications — including encrypted e-mail transmitters like BlackBerry, social networking Web sites like Facebook and software that allows direct “peer to peer” messaging like Skype — to be technically capable of complying if served with a wiretap order. The mandate would include being able to intercept and unscramble encrypted messages.

    NY Times


    Die Sonne scheint noch.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    1 Hour Ago @ 12:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagna View Post
    Federal law enforcement and national security officials are preparing to seek sweeping new regulations for the Internet, arguing that their ability to wiretap criminal and terrorism suspects is “going dark” as people increasingly communicate online instead of by telephone.
    They probably already are "wiretapping" the internet.
    In order to hide this possible fact they come out publicly and whine about what they think should be done.
    To feign ineptness is an old trick that never fails to work with the sheep.

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    They probably already are "wiretapping" the internet.
    In order to hide this possible fact they come out publicly and whine about what they think should be done.
    To feign ineptness is an old trick that never fails to work with the sheep.
    They Are!

    And to prove it, you can look up a Government Program, called Carnivore, which has been renamed but it still in use.

    I think their, main issue with the internet though is people are not listening to their prepared "News Media" these days.

    They are looking for ways, to shut off freedom of association so they can go back to the era, of the 1960's and 1970's where they have complete control of the information people received.

  4. #4
    Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    OneWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    Gender
    Age
    43
    Posts
    772
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    The Government has been "Spying" on Internet users for awhile now.
    People don't realize this but whenever those planes took down those
    buildings on 9/11 our Government enacted laws that allow the Feds to
    spy on average,everyday citizens for no reason at all and the really scary
    thing about those laws is this,anybody who disagrees,protests or says
    and writes anything negative about our Government can be considered
    a Terrorist and punished accordingly.

    This is the exact scenario our Founding Fathers warned us about and
    tried to protect us from when they wrote the Constitution.I wonder just
    how long the American public is going to take this abuse from these
    criminals who now control our country?

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Age
    44
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWolf View Post
    The Government has been "Spying" on Internet users for awhile now.
    People don't realize this but whenever those planes took down those
    buildings on 9/11 our Government enacted laws that allow the Feds to
    spy on average,everyday citizens for no reason at all and the really scary
    thing about those laws is this,anybody who disagrees,protests or says
    and writes anything negative about our Government can be considered
    a Terrorist and punished accordingly.

    This is the exact scenario our Founding Fathers warned us about and
    tried to protect us from when they wrote the Constitution.I wonder just
    how long the American public is going to take this abuse from these
    criminals who now control our country?
    This is another good reason for the citizens to get out there and excessive our rights, and legally defeat them.

    Then when the truth comes out go after and legally punish FBI,CIA, Homeland KGB, and other scum.

Similar Threads

  1. Do Women Hate Each Other? Do Men Have It Easier in Life?
    By Mrs. Lyfing in forum Men, Women, & Relationships
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: Saturday, April 27th, 2019, 05:22 AM
  2. Austria Pushes EU to Make It Easier to Extend Border Checks
    By Nachtengel in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, May 5th, 2017, 08:40 PM
  3. Calls to Make Oz Citizenship Test Easier...
    By VolksKultur in forum Australia & New Zealand
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Friday, August 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Thursday, April 3rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Monday, August 6th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •