Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ash Blonde Hair - What Exactly Is This Shade for You?

Last Online
    Thursday, November 4th, 2010 @ 12:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    spain and germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ash Blonde Hair - What Exactly Is This Shade for You?

i wonder what is the real color of ash blonde? because for me i think it is the lightest shade of natural blonde hair right?

and also can a person with red pigments as a genetic make up with very few pigments can have an ash blonde hair color?

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ash Blonde?

Real or out of a bottle? You might want to check the L'oreal hair coloring site or Wikipedia on Hair coloring. I do believe I saw coloring chart there. Ash Blonde? There has got to be at least twenty varieties, with and without "highlights"...

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Subrace
    mainly UP
    Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Natural Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Real or out of a bottle? You might want to check the L'oreal hair coloring site or Wikipedia on Hair coloring. I do believe I saw coloring chart there. Ash Blonde? There has got to be at least twenty varieties, with and without "highlights"...
    Yes, before one talks about "ash blond" one should clarify what is meant by ash blond. Perhaps the OP should place such a hair coloring chart here.
    "And God proclaims as a first principle to the rulers, and above all else, that there is nothing which they should so anxiously guard, or of which they are to be such good guardians, as of the purity of the race. They should observe what elements mingle in their offspring;..." Plato Politeia

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 @ 03:08 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Cro-Magnon (Brünn)
    Country
    State
    New Hampshire New Hampshire
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Landscaper
    Politics
    Something new...
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horagalles View Post
    Yes, before one talks about "ash blond" one should clarify what is meant by ash blond. Perhaps the OP should place such a hair coloring chart here.
    I am trying to find a chart but I am finding at the moment is charts for hair dye.

The Germanic Orthodoxy
    Last Online
    34 Minutes Ago @ 11:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordid-CM
    Religion of the Blood
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    I always thought of ash blonde to be darker as golden blonde, which I thought was the 'real' blonde. Ash blonde was exchangeable with dark blonde in my mind.

But to be honest I always got the impression that the Cromagnids, who are said to have rather golden hair, had lighter hair than the Nordids, who are said to have ashen shades.

Last Online
    Saturday, November 13th, 2010 @ 05:37 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Married parent
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was under the impression that ash blond is a blond that lacks golden or reddish hues. It's a more neutral color, less rich, less yellow.

My mother always told me that I had ash blond hair.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Married parent
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ash-blond[19] – pale or grayish blond.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#Varieties

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Married parent
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This Wikipedia article is very interesting. I had read that Lithuania has the largest percentage of blonds in the world. It is a unique and lovely trait amongst our people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#E..._of_blond_hair

Evolution of blond hair

Natural lighter hair colors occur most often in Europe and less frequently in other areas.[21] In northern European populations, the occurrence of blonde hair is very frequent. The hair color gene MC1R has at least seven variants in Europe giving the continent a wide range of hair and eye shades. Based on recent genetic information carried out at three Japanese universities, the date of the genetic mutation that resulted in blonde hair in Europe has been isolated to about 11,000 years ago during the last ice age.[22]

A typical explanation found in the scientific literature for the evolution of light hair is related to the requirement for vitamin D synthesis and northern Europe's seasonal deficiency of sunlight.[23] Lighter skin is due to a low concentration in pigmentation, thus allowing more sunlight to trigger the production of vitamin D. In this way, high frequencies of light hair in northern latitudes are a result of the light skin adaptation to lower levels of sunlight, which reduces the prevalence of rickets caused by vitamin D deficiency. The darker pigmentation at higher latitudes in certain ethnic groups such as the Inuit is explained by a greater proportion of seafood in their diet. As seafood is high in vitamin D, vitamin D deficiency would not create a selective pressure for lighter pigmentation in that population.

An alternative hypothesis was presented by Canadian anthropologist Peter Frost, under the aegis of University of St Andrews, who published a study in March 2006 in the journal Evolution and Human Behavior. Frost said blond hair evolved very quickly in a specific area at the end of the last ice age by means of sexual selection.[24] According to the study, the appearance of blond hair and blue eyes in some northern European women made them stand out from their rivals at a time of fierce competition for scarce males. The study argues that blond hair was produced higher in the Cro-Magnon descended population of the European region because of food shortages 10,000-11,000 years ago following the last glacial period when the most of it was covered by steppe-tundra. Almost the only sustenance in northern Europe came from roaming herds of mammoths, reindeer, bison and horses and finding them required long, arduous hunting trips in which numerous males died, leading to a high ratio of surviving women to men. This hypothesis argues that women with blond hair posed an alternative that helped them mate and thus increased the number of blonds.[25]

A theory propounded in The History and Geography of Human Genes (1994), says blonde hair became predominant in Northern Europe beginning about 3,000 BC, in the area now known as Lithuania, among the recently arrived Proto-Indo-European settlers (according to the Kurgan hypothesis), and the trait spread quickly through sexual selection into Scandinavia. As above, the theory assumes that men found women with blonde hair more attractive.[26]
    Social reasons why men may have preferred blonde women is that light hair color is a marker of youth.[27] Since many Northern European children have blonde hair, which darkens as they mature, blonde hair could arguably be associated with youth and therefore, fertility.[27] Blonde as a color has also been associated with light and gold, things that people find attractive and desirable.[27] Lighter color hair is usually more scarce or rare (exotic), arguably increasing its desirability.[27]

Last Online
    Friday, June 22nd, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oslo Oslo
    Single adult
    Occupation
    businessman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the Exact Shade of Ash Blonde Hair?

i have been searching the net about the exact color of ash blonde hair but mostly it showed the hair color as a dye by many hair products brands (some being so light shade others almost brown), so exactly how would you describe the natural ash blonde hair not the ash brown type... thank you! hope someone here could help...

Last Online
    Friday, June 22nd, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    norwegian
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    Oslo Oslo
    Single adult
    Occupation
    businessman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile oh...

Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Real or out of a bottle? You might want to check the L'oreal hair coloring site or Wikipedia on Hair coloring. I do believe I saw coloring chart there. )
    do you know anything that shows natural hair color? bec. mostly hair coloring chart dye that i see have different shades for ash blonde

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew man View Post
    I am trying to find a chart but I am finding at the moment is charts for hair dye.
    yeahp.. me too mostly for hair dyes which are not that reliable because they are very subjective to the makers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I was under the impression that ash blond is a blond that lacks golden or reddish hues. It's a more neutral color, less rich, less yellow.

My mother always told me that I had ash blond hair.
    yes i think you are right with lacking of the golden hue but exactly what is the shade of ash blonde? i have been reading alot on the physical anthropology section and it said there it is due to highly depigmented hairs with eumelanin on it as against golden blonde which has highly depigmented hairs with more pheomelanin than eumelanin.. with all this being said what should the shade look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Juthunge View Post
    I always thought of ash blonde to be darker as golden blonde, which I thought was the 'real' blonde. Ash blonde was exchangeable with dark blonde in my mind.

But to be honest I always got the impression that the Cromagnids, who are said to have rather golden hair, had lighter hair than the Nordids, who are said to have ashen shades.
    is it really comparable to dark blonde? i was thinking it is a more obvious blonde? can anyone shed a light on this?
    i thought nordids are more golden than ashen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast