Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 123

Thread: I Flat Out Doubt

  1. #1
    Spenglerian
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Caledonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 @ 06:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland,England, Germany,Austria,Switzerland
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Sverige snart nog
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    RecyclingPlant / College Student
    Politics
    Socially Progressive Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist, Nihilist, And Mystic
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

    I Flat Out Doubt

    I'm a atheist.

    Prove to me the existence of a god.

    Prove to me a creative design to the universe and show me how it all isn't just random.

    I'll await a answer or reply.
    National Socialism is the only salvation for Germanics and Europids everywhere. Capitalism, libertarianism, and communism is the enemy.

    National socialized collectivism must prevail over radical individualism.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    FranzFed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 07:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    An atheist

    An answer

    Religion is something that can't be imposed on someone, you either believe it or not. Nobody can prove the existence of a god or gods atleast in the physical sense. Just as you can't prove to me that life is all a random fart from nature.

  3. #3
    Spenglerian
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Caledonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 @ 06:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland,England, Germany,Austria,Switzerland
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Sverige snart nog
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    RecyclingPlant / College Student
    Politics
    Socially Progressive Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist, Nihilist, And Mystic
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FranzFed View Post
    An atheist

    An answer

    Religion is something that can't be imposed on someone, you either believe it or not. Nobody can prove the existence of a god or gods atleast in the physical sense. Just as you can't prove to me that life is all a random fart from nature.
    Religion is something that can't be imposed on someone,
    Only upon theocratic fanaticism.

    Nobody can prove the existence of a god or gods atleast in the physical sense.
    And yet that doesn't stop millions from around the world believing anyways.....

    Just as you can't prove to me that life is all a random fart from nature.
    Actually I can prove that more versus someone the presupposes that there is a creative intelligent design to the universe or earth while although there are some elements of the universe that will always go unknown my position is a little bit more believable.
    National Socialism is the only salvation for Germanics and Europids everywhere. Capitalism, libertarianism, and communism is the enemy.

    National socialized collectivism must prevail over radical individualism.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    FranzFed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 07:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaricLachlan View Post
    And yet that doesn't stop millions from around the world believing anyways.....
    Yes, because the belief in a deity is much more comforting than not believing in one(s). Not only that, but it isn't as outlandish a thought as many atheists believe.

    Actually I can prove that more versus someone the presupposes that there is a creative intelligent design to the universe or earth while although there are some elements of the universe that will always go unknown my position is a little bit more believable.
    I'd love to read some scientific study that shows how the universe was created and what created and or caused that. For me it's an endless paper trail.

  5. #5
    Active Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Žoreišar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    16 Minutes Ago @ 11:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Gender
    Posts
    2,765
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,869
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,895
    Thanked in
    955 Posts
    This is going to prove a completely fruitless affair by all involved.

  6. #6
    Spenglerian
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Caledonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Tuesday, July 26th, 2011 @ 06:30 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scottish
    Ancestry
    Scotland,England, Germany,Austria,Switzerland
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Sverige snart nog
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    RecyclingPlant / College Student
    Politics
    Socially Progressive Nationalism
    Religion
    Atheist, Nihilist, And Mystic
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blóš ok Andi View Post
    This is going to prove a completely fruitless affair by all involved.
    I woudn't necessarily call it fruitless.

    At the very least it might be entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by FranzFed View Post
    Yes, because the belief in a deity is much more comforting than not believing in one(s). Not only that, but it isn't as outlandish a thought as many atheists believe.



    I'd love to read some scientific study that shows how the universe was created and what created and or caused that. For me it's an endless paper trail.
    Yes, because the belief in a deity is much more comforting than not believing in one(s).
    Well comfort isn't fact.

    Not only that, but it isn't as outlandish a thought as many atheists believe.
    No? What is it that I don't know already?

    I'd love to read some scientific study that shows how the universe was created and what created and or caused that. For me it's an endless paper trail.
    I actually prefer the model describing the universe as a constant flow where there is no beginning or end but instead just endless transfigurations that are created and destroyed repeatively within a constant state of flow.

    What's your suscribed view point of the universe at large?
    National Socialism is the only salvation for Germanics and Europids everywhere. Capitalism, libertarianism, and communism is the enemy.

    National socialized collectivism must prevail over radical individualism.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    FranzFed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 07:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well comfort isn't fact.
    Ofcourse it isn't that's why it's called faith. The idea that life and the universe as a constant physical phonomena isn't proven either, so your outlook is as good as mine.

    What's your suscribed view point of the universe at large?
    Well I used to be a Catholic till I reached a point where it conflicted with my personal values (it not being a very folkish religion). But I still don't abandon my belief that there is a creator(s).

    My point was that religion, and the aquisition of faith should be a personal experience where you use your own judgement. I've seen it many times where someone asks another to prove the validity of their religion to them and it never ends well.

    That's why I share the sentiments of Andi in that this is not going to make you any more open to the thought over back and forth debate; then it becomes forced.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    12 Hours Ago @ 11:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Demolition
    Politics
    Far Right
    Religion
    Anti-Christian
    Posts
    2,909
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Atheism
    Chistianity
    Agnosticism
    The Big Bang
    Creationism
    Evolution...

    Blah, blah, blah

    These THEORIES all serve one intended purpose: to keep people sane.
    To give them some scrap of hope that the mystery of life can possibly be explained. If not now then later.
    All of these interchangeable words can serve the purpose of a "God", or other form of tidy explanation.
    But if we were not there from the beginning to witness "creation", or the "emergence of life from nothing" then there is no possible way to exclaim certainty...ever.

    This is why I have come to feel that humans are supposed to be kept in the dark about certain things.
    That we are supposed to fool ourselves about 'ultimate purpose" and get away with it.
    That we are supposed to be ignorant...to a point.


    You know what works for me? My people.

    Germanics are real enough.
    They are God-like enough.
    They are an indisputable and wonderful fact.
    When it comes to them there is no need to waste an eternity on theoretical debate.

    My purpose is to serve them, to honor my ancestors as a kind of worship, and prayer.
    This is what I live for. This is what I will die for. This is what I will kill for.

    It is my duty to help sustain them as they have sustained me.
    To give back what my ancestors have given.
    My people have given me purpose in life, and if this does not count as a God then I don't want to know what does, or doesn't.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Thorolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, January 25th, 2019 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Religion
    My religious ways are odd.
    Posts
    505
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaricLachlan View Post

    Actually I can prove that more versus someone the presupposes that there is a creative intelligent design to the universe or earth while although there are some elements of the universe that will always go unknown my position is a little bit more believable.
    Actually you can prove nothing. The fact is you have absolutely no clue what the entire universe looks like. For all we know all the galaxies could be put in a pattern that reads, hey retard you should've believed. You could die, be shown the universe see that and end up screwed in an afterlife.

    The fact is none of us know and none of us can ever know while alive. You say your idea is more believable, some of us see it as, well with all this stuff here its a bit unbelievable for it to be random. Anyways thats how i view it, none of us really know anything . I find religious debate interesting in how pointless it is. Its like a never ending cycle, both sides have their reasons to believe what they believe and truthfully both sides make plenty of sense.

  10. #10
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 05:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Posts
    1,281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    There are several arguments for the existence of God, many of which can be found in the Bible itself, but for an athiest of unbeliever, it can be difficult to grasp what is written in the Bible, since they don't believe in the Holy God in the first place.


    we will explain the basic "big four", " logical" statements that prove that there really is a God and that the universe didn't just spring out of randomness, but had a creator, intelligient design behind it. Quoting the article "Does God exist? Is there evidence for the existence of God?" at http://www.gotquestions.org, here are the four main logical, scientific arguments proving the existence of God, which would also prove that everything found in the Bible is in fact, true.



    Quoting: http://www.gotquestions.org, article
    Does God exist? Is there evidence for the existence of God?

    "In addition to the biblical arguments for God’s existence, there are logical arguments. First, there is the ontological argument. The most popular form of the ontological argument uses the concept of God to prove God’s existence. It begins with the definition of God as “a being than which no greater can be conceived.” It is then argued that to exist is greater than to not exist, and therefore the greatest conceivable being must exist. If God did not exist, then God would not be the greatest conceivable being, and that would contradict the very definition of God.

    A second argument is the teleological argument. The teleological argument states that since the universe displays such an amazing design, there must have been a divine Designer. For example, if the Earth were significantly closer or farther away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, nearly every living thing on earth would die. The odds of a single protein molecule forming by chance is 1 in 10243 (that is a 1 followed by 243 zeros). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.

    A third logical argument for God’s existence is called the cosmological argument. Every effect must have a cause. This universe and everything in it is an effect. There must be something that caused everything to come into existence. Ultimately, there must be something “un-caused” in order to cause everything else to come into existence. That “un-caused” cause is God.

    A fourth argument is known as the moral argument. Every culture throughout history has had some form of law. Everyone has a sense of right and wrong. Murder, lying, stealing, and immorality are almost universally rejected. Where did this sense of right and wrong come from if not from a holy God?"

    I have always been a believer, but wasn't really shure about how God can be proven besides the fact that the Bible tells us that he is real.


    However, after reading these arguments, especially the teleological argument, I was certain there was a God, and that the absence of God just couldn't be possible. It really shows how even science proves the existence of God.

Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are Humanists the New Flat Earthers?
    By burnitdown in forum Modern
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Saturday, March 21st, 2009, 03:06 AM
  2. The Flat Earth Society
    By Mercator in forum Alternative Sciences
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Friday, December 22nd, 2006, 02:35 PM
  3. Flat Out Tax Reform
    By Ahnenerbe in forum Economics, Business, & Finance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Thursday, September 7th, 2006, 11:22 PM
  4. Please Some Commentary Regarding Flat Rear Skulls?
    By Thruthheim in forum Physical Anthropology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Tuesday, May 9th, 2006, 04:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •