Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: What if I Skipped Over the "Holocaust?"

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Ediruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    1,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    What if I Skipped Over the "Holocaust?"

    I'm planning on getting a degree in college to teach world and American history (as well as literature). This is just a hypothetical thought: Whether I teach for a public or private school, what would they say and their reaction be if I skipped over the Holocaust in my lesson plan? Could it possibly result in my job becoming terminated?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Gary in TX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Danish, English and Scottish.
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon, Scot and Dane.
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    194
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ædiruc View Post
    I'm planning on getting a degree in college to teach world and American history (as well as literature). This is just a hypothetical thought: Whether I teach for a public or private school, what would they say and their reaction be if I skipped over the Holocaust in my lesson plan? Could it possibly result in my job becoming terminated?
    I guess it depends on how you did it and if it came up in a discussion with the other teachers.

    Do teachers have to file their lesson plans with the school administration beforehand?

    Or can you just wing it out of the main history book provided for the curriculum?

    It's not like they have a teachers monitor in there listening to everything you say is there?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Hilderinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Location
    Not Chicago
    Gender
    Posts
    982
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I believe that my state requires the holocaust be taught, so I'm sure other states would also have this law. Its purpose is to teach about "diversity"

    Grades k-8 we had to read the play every year... Yes, the holocaust was being taught in English class, using a play version of a diary. All we were taught about WWII in History class was that the evil nazis started WWII and killed billions of people and then the United States saved the world, blah blah blah; nothing in depth, just a paragraph stating the above.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    FranzFed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 07:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Age
    30
    Family
    Single adult
    Posts
    101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You would probably have to skip over WW2 as well. The way these school boards are and how pussified they've made the profession into being more of a psychiatrist for children's feelings and learning styles I don't think it would work out.

    Why not just teach something where you wouldn't have to go over the subject? I wouldn't be able to do it either.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Ediruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    1,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary in TX View Post
    I guess it depends on how you did it and if it came up in a discussion with the other teachers.

    Do teachers have to file their lesson plans with the school administration beforehand?

    Or can you just wing it out of the main history book provided for the curriculum?

    It's not like they have a teachers monitor in there listening to everything you say is there?
    I'm sure every school requires this. I guess the best scenario now to think of is if I had submitted the lesson plan to them and did not have the holocaust listed. I wonder if they would say anything about that. I wish to learn more on how to become a teacher. My teacher sophomore year for like a day or two taught us about the holocaust in world history and then went on from their.

    Of course, it probably depends on the school itself -- whether it is public or private. It is probably mandatory teaching for public schools and the lesson plans predetermined, and private schools might make you feel like it is a necessity.

    I also have other goals and ambitions in mind, but those are really for later in my life.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Gary in TX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Online
    Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Danish, English and Scottish.
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon, Scot and Dane.
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Politics
    Pan-Aryan Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    194
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ædiruc View Post
    I'm sure every school requires this. I guess the best scenario now to think of is if I had submitted the lesson plan to them and did not have the holocaust listed. I wonder if they would say anything about that. I wish to learn more on how to become a teacher. My teacher sophomore year for like a day or two taught us about the holocaust in world history and then went on from their.

    Of course, it probably depends on the school itself -- whether it is public or private. It is probably mandatory teaching for public schools and the lesson plans predetermined, and private schools might make you feel like it is a necessity.

    I also have other goals and ambitions in mind, but those are really for later in my life.
    It depends on how important the subject is to you.

    You could always submit the lesson plan just the way that they would want you to and then just gloss over it.

    It's not like the kids are gonna rat you out, especially if you go onto something a little more interesting.

    All this seems a ways off though, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

  7. #7
    Account Inactive

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Location
    Metropolis
    Gender
    Age
    40
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    6,666
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Your position could be terminated.

    One of the agreements in a teacher's contract is that they will implement district curriculum. Already tested at the supreme court level.

    Palmer v. Board of Education: "The U. S. Court of Appeals held, and the Supreme Court upheld, that a school has the right to fire a teacher who refuses to follow the curriculum.."

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Ediruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    1,300
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest King View Post
    Your position could be terminated.

    One of the agreements in a teacher's contract is that they will implement district curriculum. Already tested at the supreme court level.

    Palmer v. Board of Education: "The U. S. Court of Appeals held, and the Supreme Court upheld, that a school has the right to fire a teacher who refuses to follow the curriculum.."
    And that is the one sad thing about our educational system today; it doesn't allow any breath for creativity.

    Luckily, though, private schools do not need to abide by this law, since they are non-profit organizations and independent. But, they typically follow the standard which public schools go by, and they can also go by what they feel they need or want.

    The one thing though about private schools is that most are Christian, and show a sensitivity when it comes to this kind of subject.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    SaxonPagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 03:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Location
    South Coast
    Gender
    Zodiac Sign
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Posts
    5,039
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,584
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,672
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    This is a shocking state of affairs when individuals are forced to comply with and repeat official, state-approved political dogma.

    It's reminiscent of other regimes that history has not judged too kindly and the USA is heading down the same road, make no mistake!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Wynterwade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Gender
    Posts
    491
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Nobody would notice.
    I never learned about the holocaust in my History classes. If I did it was for maybe 5 minutes and I don't even remember.

    I don't understand why you would skip over the holocaust really. I doubt it will cause the students white guilt.

    Whatever you do make sure you teach...
    1) Vikings discovered america. (include the Germanic and Celtic Tribes)
    2) Indians killed many white settlers and the US Government didn't know who did it. So the US goverment had to do something about it or it would happen again. (I have more than one family back in the 1700's that was slaughtered (even the babies) by Indians) The territory was so large that they couldn't possibly have troops EVERYWHERE- so the made the rational decision to remove ONLY the Indians that didn't integrate. That is what needs to be taught.
    3) Civil war was a war of independence just like the 1770's american revolution. The northerners provoked us by not removing their base in the south so we attacked it. Then they were the aggressors sending their troops into our land.
    4) Races evolved under different constraints. Blacks were hunter gathers so their brains didn't develop as large, and their mental skills are terrible. Read 10,000 year explosion and teach about that. Maybe some Arthur Jensen about race differences and, "the Bell Curve" by Murry.
    5) Throw in how the Soviets treated the Germans towards the end of the war. As well as the bombing of German cities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Holocaust Files" "Reveal New Stories"
    By Theudanaz in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sunday, November 19th, 2006, 04:33 AM
  2. Berlin to ban neo-Nazi protests at "Holocaust" sites
    By Mac Seafraidh in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •