Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

What if I Skipped Over the "Holocaust?"

I'm planning on getting a degree in college to teach world and American history (as well as literature). This is just a hypothetical thought: Whether I teach for a public or private school, what would they say and their reaction be if I skipped over the Holocaust in my lesson plan? Could it possibly result in my job becoming terminated?

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Danish, English and Scottish.
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon, Scot and Dane.
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Pan-Aryan Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ædiruc View Post
    I'm planning on getting a degree in college to teach world and American history (as well as literature). This is just a hypothetical thought: Whether I teach for a public or private school, what would they say and their reaction be if I skipped over the Holocaust in my lesson plan? Could it possibly result in my job becoming terminated?
    I guess it depends on how you did it and if it came up in a discussion with the other teachers.

Do teachers have to file their lesson plans with the school administration beforehand?

Or can you just wing it out of the main history book provided for the curriculum?

It's not like they have a teachers monitor in there listening to everything you say is there?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I believe that my state requires the holocaust be taught, so I'm sure other states would also have this law. Its purpose is to teach about "diversity"

Grades k-8 we had to read the play every year... Yes, the holocaust was being taught in English class, using a play version of a diary. All we were taught about WWII in History class was that the evil nazis started WWII and killed billions of people and then the United States saved the world, blah blah blah; nothing in depth, just a paragraph stating the above.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 07:50 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    State
    Pennsylvania Pennsylvania
    Family
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You would probably have to skip over WW2 as well. The way these school boards are and how pussified they've made the profession into being more of a psychiatrist for children's feelings and learning styles I don't think it would work out.

Why not just teach something where you wouldn't have to go over the subject? I wouldn't be able to do it either.

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary in TX View Post
    I guess it depends on how you did it and if it came up in a discussion with the other teachers.

Do teachers have to file their lesson plans with the school administration beforehand?

Or can you just wing it out of the main history book provided for the curriculum?

It's not like they have a teachers monitor in there listening to everything you say is there?
    I'm sure every school requires this. I guess the best scenario now to think of is if I had submitted the lesson plan to them and did not have the holocaust listed. I wonder if they would say anything about that. I wish to learn more on how to become a teacher. My teacher sophomore year for like a day or two taught us about the holocaust in world history and then went on from their.

Of course, it probably depends on the school itself -- whether it is public or private. It is probably mandatory teaching for public schools and the lesson plans predetermined, and private schools might make you feel like it is a necessity.

I also have other goals and ambitions in mind, but those are really for later in my life.

Last Online
    Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Danish, English and Scottish.
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Saxon, Scot and Dane.
    Subrace
    Borreby
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Pan-Aryan Nationalist
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ædiruc View Post
    I'm sure every school requires this. I guess the best scenario now to think of is if I had submitted the lesson plan to them and did not have the holocaust listed. I wonder if they would say anything about that. I wish to learn more on how to become a teacher. My teacher sophomore year for like a day or two taught us about the holocaust in world history and then went on from their.

Of course, it probably depends on the school itself -- whether it is public or private. It is probably mandatory teaching for public schools and the lesson plans predetermined, and private schools might make you feel like it is a necessity.

I also have other goals and ambitions in mind, but those are really for later in my life.
    It depends on how important the subject is to you.

You could always submit the lesson plan just the way that they would want you to and then just gloss over it.

It's not like the kids are gonna rat you out, especially if you go onto something a little more interesting.

All this seems a ways off though, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Your position could be terminated.

One of the agreements in a teacher's contract is that they will implement district curriculum. Already tested at the supreme court level.

Palmer v. Board of Education: "The U. S. Court of Appeals held, and the Supreme Court upheld, that a school has the right to fire a teacher who refuses to follow the curriculum.."

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 06:49 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German-American
    Ancestry
    German-American and proud
    Subrace
    Alpinid-Nordid
    Country
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest King View Post
    Your position could be terminated.

One of the agreements in a teacher's contract is that they will implement district curriculum. Already tested at the supreme court level.

Palmer v. Board of Education: "The U. S. Court of Appeals held, and the Supreme Court upheld, that a school has the right to fire a teacher who refuses to follow the curriculum.."
    And that is the one sad thing about our educational system today; it doesn't allow any breath for creativity.

Luckily, though, private schools do not need to abide by this law, since they are non-profit organizations and independent. But, they typically follow the standard which public schools go by, and they can also go by what they feel they need or want.

The one thing though about private schools is that most are Christian, and show a sensitivity when it comes to this kind of subject.

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 03:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,438 Posts
    This is a shocking state of affairs when individuals are forced to comply with and repeat official, state-approved political dogma.

It's reminiscent of other regimes that history has not judged too kindly and the USA is heading down the same road, make no mistake!

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Nobody would notice.
    I never learned about the holocaust in my History classes. If I did it was for maybe 5 minutes and I don't even remember.

I don't understand why you would skip over the holocaust really. I doubt it will cause the students white guilt.

Whatever you do make sure you teach...
    1) Vikings discovered america. (include the Germanic and Celtic Tribes)
    2) Indians killed many white settlers and the US Government didn't know who did it. So the US goverment had to do something about it or it would happen again. (I have more than one family back in the 1700's that was slaughtered (even the babies) by Indians) The territory was so large that they couldn't possibly have troops EVERYWHERE- so the made the rational decision to remove ONLY the Indians that didn't integrate. That is what needs to be taught.
    3) Civil war was a war of independence just like the 1770's american revolution. The northerners provoked us by not removing their base in the south so we attacked it. Then they were the aggressors sending their troops into our land.
    4) Races evolved under different constraints. Blacks were hunter gathers so their brains didn't develop as large, and their mental skills are terrible. Read 10,000 year explosion and teach about that. Maybe some Arthur Jensen about race differences and, "the Bell Curve" by Murry.
    5) Throw in how the Soviets treated the Germans towards the end of the war. As well as the bombing of German cities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast