Right Nationalism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Reestablishment of Prussia

I've always wondered. Now that Poland is a member of the EU, it must allow immigrants from other EU states. This allows Germans of Prussian and Bavarian descent to repopulate Prussia, Silesia, and Sudeten respectively. What is keeping the German people from emigrating to these places? Is it lack of knowledge? Because many people I talk to in the States don't even know what Prussia even is, even fewer know what happened to it after the 2nd world war. I feel if the word got out to more people about what exactly happened to the Germans AFTER WW2 that more Germans from the Americas would emigrate back to Europe. But that's my opinion.

The problem with setting up an emigration system is that it needs funding to get it started. In order to get funded one needs to have supporters. So far the cause to retake Prussia is only discussed by the far-right German parties such as the NDP/DVU. But they wouldn't fill up Prussia with Prussians, they'll fill it up with any German they can. Therefore a more moderate approach to repopulating Prussia needs to be taken. One where we get Prussia back as close to the original as possible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackeagle For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I remember reading an article on this website that many Germans are moving back to their ancestral lands that were stolen by Poland and Russia, but the Polish government disliked this and did something that made it harder for them to buy their land back.

Can't seem to find the article again, I'll look for it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilderinc For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    What is keeping the German people from emigrating to these places? Is it lack of knowledge?
    Well you cannot immigrate in vast numbers if you have a low birth rate. That is the first thing to fix. After that then something has to give reason for some of the population to move into old Prussia. I seriously doubt many would really care to move to Poland in vast numbers because (this is what I've been told) the people who live there today are lazy and their economy is very poor compared to the economy of Germany.

So to summarize
    1) Increase the birthrate
    2) There needs to be a reason to move

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynterwade For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 @ 09:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    College Student
    Politics
    Right Nationalism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade View Post
    Well you cannot immigrate in vast numbers if you have a low birth rate. That is the first thing to fix. After that then something has to give reason for some of the population to move into old Prussia. I seriously doubt many would really care to move to Poland in vast numbers because (this is what I've been told) the people who live there today are lazy and their economy is very poor compared to the economy of Germany.

So to summarize
    1) Increase the birthrate
    2) There needs to be a reason to move
    And the problem with this is a Nationalist party would have to come to power to give the people strength...I don't see the Germans doing that anytime soon. Maybe if Steinbach and Sarrzazin make their own party and make it into something like that, but other than that I don't see the Germans voting for the Republican party anytime soon.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    And the problem with this is a Nationalist party would have to come to power to give the people strength
    This is not the only way to increase birth rates. In my opinion low birth rates are caused by psychological reasons. Ideas cannot be forced on a population- change comes from within, the people and families themselves. Yes a nationalistic government would be much better suited to addressing this problem than a multicultural government but in todays society I feel that we are a long way from this solution. So the most appropriate solution is to focus on our core- family values.

I think the way to fix this is to
    1) Develop a sense of ethnic and cultural identity and pride within the family.
    2) Teach the importance of having 4-5 kids and raising them well within the family.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And what I feel is the reason why people are hesitant to adopt these 2 solutions is because they are afraid of being seen as mean or politically incorrect. But having pride in who you are has nothing to do with hating other people. In fact I think one of the most important things to teach is to respect other people and cultures (well most others) - but most importantly to value and cherish your own.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynterwade For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I found some articles, but not the one I was thinking of.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=111200 - Most "Russian Germans" Wanting to Return to Königsberg Region

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=101798 - Human Rights Court Rules Against German Refugees

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=64206 - Sudeten Germans' View on Their Expulsions After WWII - "Only Their Own Problem"

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=92211 - Federation of Expellees, represents the interests of Germans expelled from their native lands

Probably the greatest reason none of them are moving back, is because of this mentality that they were "evil nazis" and deserved to have their land stolen and peoples killed, and have no reason to relcaim this land that was theirs for 1000 years.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilderinc For This Useful Post:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralf For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralf Rossa View Post
    I also worry about being a bit isolated in a foriegn country on my own, would be nice to know there would be a true Prussian communuty to belong to.
    This map lists: Stettin, Kolberg, Danzig, Allenstein, Bromberg, Thorn, Lodsch, Breslau, Oppeln, and Kattowitz as having German minorities in them. It also looks like the map marks smaller rural places around Allenstein and Upper Silesia.

I've seen more things about Germans in Oppeln than the others, so I assume it has the most.

Attached Images Attached Images  

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilderinc For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 @ 09:52 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Country
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Family
    College Student
    Politics
    Right Nationalism
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    One of the things I have also wondered, should we only go for a small amount of area that is Pomern, East/West Prussia, E. Brandenburg, and Silesia (the 3 areas in Poland) such as in this map here

Or most of former Prussia like in here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Acprussiamap2.gif
    It's all about either being smart or greedy, but I'm sure there's going to be retaliation either way...but if we were to do this Poland would need to regain its former eastern boundary it's only fair. I don't mind if all of Belarus goes to Poland anyways...its a Communist state
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    something has to give reason for some of the population to move into old Prussia. I seriously doubt many would really care to move to Poland in vast numbers because (this is what I've been told) the people who live there today are lazy and their economy is very poor compared to the economy of Germany.
    Agreed; ancestral land or not, why would Germans want to move into a poorer country? European migration goes West, not East, and it's all based on economics. There's no English plumbers in Poland, so to speak.

This is not the only way to increase birth rates. In my opinion low birth rates are caused by psychological reasons. Ideas cannot be forced on a population- change comes from within, the people and families themselves. Yes a nationalistic government would be much better suited to addressing this problem than a multicultural government but in todays society I feel that we are a long way from this solution. So the most appropriate solution is to focus on our core- family values.

I think the way to fix this is to
    1) Develop a sense of ethnic and cultural identity and pride within the family.
    2) Teach the importance of having 4-5 kids and raising them well within the family.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And what I feel is the reason why people are hesitant to adopt these 2 solutions is because they are afraid of being seen as mean or politically incorrect. But having pride in who you are has nothing to do with hating other people. In fact I think one of the most important things to teach is to respect other people and cultures (well most others) - but most importantly to value and cherish your own.
    I think the main reason middle class whites the world over are hesitant to have 4 or 5 kids is that we would struggle to support them all at a comfortable standard of living. I've never liked the idea that we need to start pumping out babies just because the rest of the world is recklessly doing so. The opposite needs to happen: the rest of the world needs to stop having so many children they can't afford to take care of, thus requiring foreign (read: American/European) aid and massive welfare states.

What about focusing on the return of Danzig?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast