Thread: Are We Really Ready to Serve in a War and Give Our Lives for the Fatherland?

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are We Really Ready to Serve in a War and Give Our Lives for the Fatherland?

[Moderation note: Discussion has been split from this thread.]

Yeah, Right... It always sounds good and heroic while sitting in the comfort and safety of the armchair at home. Try it, lying in a muddy slit trench filled with leeches sucking at your blood and mosquitos and flies eating you from above and your best friend lying two feet away torn to shreds by a mortar round not minutes before, lying there screaming - trying, to stuff his guts back into an empty body cavity and all you can do is lie there and watch him slowly die. All the while you're sick, exhausted, hungry, thirsty and filthy...

Ah yes ... the Joy, the Heroism, the Honor, all for the "Fatherland" and the girl back home. F@#$ this S!@% ! I just want to live until tomorrow and be able to face another day, or just get wounded a little bit - so they have to send me to the hospital then home, or I get lucky enough to rotate out in one piece. GOD HELP ME!

Propaganda and the truth...

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,432 Posts
    Nevertheless, people with a genuine love of their nation DO go out and make these sacrifices and have done so throughout history!

I believe that war should be the very final resort but when it comes along the belief that one is fighting for a worthy ideal (via propaganda if necessary) can make a huge difference and help otherwise ordinary citizens to transcend themselves for what they perceive as a greater cause.

Sure, you hope you're not one of those who meets a gruesome fate but that's often what separates the heroes from the fainthearts - the ability to shut out the doubts and risks (as expressed in graphic detail above) and dream instead of glory and the future of that gorgeous Aryan girl on the poster, plus millions more like her!

Edit - I see a couple of previous posts have now been removed so I hope what I've just written still makes sense.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Truth

Yeah - Whatever... How about a nice hot shower, a clean uniform, a hot meal, a soft bed with clean sheets, some pain killers and few hours quiet to get some sleep. Oh yeah! a one way ticket out of this Madhouse would be nice. Keep your Medals, I've already got a ditty bag full of them. As for the girl back home, she decided to shack up with someone else. Ahh... "Dear John"...

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, August 15th, 2019 @ 02:11 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    England & Norway
    Subrace
    Faelid + Nordid
    Y-DNA
    R-M405
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1
    Country
    State
    California California
    Single parent
    Occupation
    Property management
    Politics
    Germanic Preservation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    wittwer, with your attitude you are doomed to lose.

We aren't here to read your whining defeatist posts, we are here to preserve our people and advance towards germanic sovereignty.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The Truth

Yes, we "Defeatists" kept the Western World from turning Red. We "Defeatists" kept a Germany that was on its knees from being overrun. We "Defeatists" lifted up a Europe that was made a desolation by Europeans by the Marshall Plan. We "Defeatists", continue to fight and die on far flung battlefields around the Globe so that the World, especially Europe, can live in Peace and Security.

The first rule of Propaganda is to adhere to fact and the truth. That way you don't have a loss of morale and positive action when things don't go well and the false propaganda is exposed as the lie it is.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Yeah, Right... It always sounds good and heroic while sitting in the comfort and safety of the armchair at home. Try it, lying in a muddy slit trench filled with leeches sucking at your blood and mosquitos and flies eating you from above and your best friend lying two feet away torn to shreds by a mortar round not minutes before, lying there screaming - trying, to stuff his guts back into an empty body cavity and all you can do is lie there and watch him slowly die. All the while you're sick, exhausted, hungry, thirsty and filthy...

Ah yes ... the Joy, the Heroism, the Honor, all for the "Fatherland" and the girl back home. F@#$ this S!@% ! I just want to live until tomorrow and be able to face another day, or just get wounded a little bit - so they have to send me to the hospital then home, or I get lucky enough to rotate out in one piece. GOD HELP ME!

Propaganda and the truth...
    You Know;
    You are Right!

The deal is it is better to fight a deterrent war, than to fight the real thing.
    Because no matter how big or powerful the army you have you are going to get hurt, and there will be a high price to pay.

And the reality is Propaganda is for the most part always BS.

That being said, war is and should be a last resort option, and if it is fought it should be fought to win, and for the right purpose.

Globalism, the UN, and Central Banking, are NOT the right purpose.

Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,432 Posts
    Fact is, I’m not an advocate of war and am well aware of the horrors it entails but that wasn’t the purpose of this thread.

I also find incoherent many of the views you express, wittwer, because one moment you're doing your “war is hell” thing and the next you're glorifying all the USA's military campaigns. Apparently, you believe that these are all ...
    “so that the World, especially Europe, can live in Peace and Security”
    ... which just shows that you yourself are a victim of your own government's propaganda!

You then conclude with:

The first rule of Propaganda is to adhere to fact and the truth. That way you don't have a loss of morale and positive action when things don't go well and the false propaganda is exposed as the lie it is.
    I see So we're in Afghanistan to give them “democracy” and enable little girls to go to school, right? Oh, and whatever happened to Saddam’s WMDs that could be deployed within 45 minutes and wipe out large parts of Europe? These are just the two latest intelligence-insulting examples that clearly don't adhere in any way to what you state is "the first rule of propaganda" (although they may have worked on you!)

Basically, I think you have to decide whether you’re going to stick to anti-war rants or be a US military cheerleader but you can’t do them both, especially on a thread which, as the OP himself has said, really has nothing to do with either!