Politics
    Has Left Skadi
    Religion
    Has Left Skadi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Excellent video, the guy obviosly has a heart of an artist.

Modern Art = Rubbish. No long term, universal meaning, no talent, no worth.

'Real' art invokes a sense of spiritual majesty, it is universal, forever and is of great unending worth.

Art gives us a feeling of emotions that we value, some however do startle us.

Rubbish only draws on perversity and shock value. Only subnormal humans can appreciate it or want it. People without the neural complexities of love cannot fathom real art. -> Spews + Psychopaths + Retards <-

The guy did make one error, love isn't universal. If it was, the spews would be capable of making 'real art'.
    Has Left Skadi. Bye!

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Country
    Australia Australia
    Nordish Preservationist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    I agree liberal views are perverting what beauty is in a way. I think to an extent beauty is in the eye of the beholder however certain things have a universal beauty. I do think modern art has beauty, but personally I find beauty more in the work of the masters from the past. Of course this is subjective but I dare say most would concur to seeing more beauty in those works.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    614 Posts
    Very good videos.

I don't believe all modern art is degenerative art. Actually there is big distinction between the two. This degenerative art is a scam to increase the value of the works of lessor artist for the purpose of profit.

To some degree it is thought control. The so called art 'expert' tells the general public what is art and what is not. Pay close attention to who these experts are, they are either professors that teach this nonsense or they are the 'artist' themselves. This degenerative art is a way to make up for lack of talent and skill.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    My Review of his book-

For those of you interested in his book, I think the video is better because he discusses his main points in a short amount of time. The book is just an expanded version of his main points from the video and with more examples. The book reads really slow because he tries to point out philosophically every different possible view point. And since I've already decided (from the video) that much of art, advertisements and society is based on shock, breaking moral barriers- all in the name of profit or attention grabbing- rather than actual beauty, the book came across to me as a bit redundant after viewing the video.

If you got the main point of the video I wouldn't recommend his book unless your a complete art geek.

Last Online
    20 Hours Ago @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    Very good videos.

I don't believe all modern art is degenerative art. Actually there is big distinction between the two. This degenerative art is a scam to increase the value of the works of lessor artist for the purpose of profit.
    That is so true, we must make a distinction between modern and degenerate. Modern art like that of Dalí and Miro is not degenerate.

Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago @ 03:10 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonCeorl
    His entire presentation is based on the faulty premise that one can objectively define the purpose and meaning of art. Art is not just 'beauty' (which will always remain a personal construct on some level)
    Until 150 years ago or so noone would have doubted that beauty is a value, that art serves a purpose (that of reflecting culture) and that the meaning of art is not about the artist.

art is about evoking thought and emotion; as Camus said, art is man's struggle to interpret his world and create meaning.
    While it is true that art should evoke thought and emotions, and that this can be archieved by re-interpreting man's struggle (not by accident the most famous works depicts people burning in hell or other good-vs-evil stuff), no artist of the past "created" meaning. He just selected one part of the meaning of people's life and brought it into a piece of art through his skills.

Modern, abstract art is doing just this, and is just as much 'art' as more classical forms of art. Even the most provocative, 'shock' art is completely legitimate. Mr. Craig-Martin is exactly right about art being about "captivating the imagination," not just 'beauty'.
    C'mon, what is the "thought and emotions evoking ability" of a blue square on white background? Or what "beauty" does it possess? This is not "art".
    Same for artist's shit in a can, a fat spot that ended up accidentially in a bath tube and later declared to "art", a signed toilet or other of that shit? Nothing of this is art, nothing of this has any meaning, nothing of this is in any way significant. Unless you center the art around the sick mind of the "artist", which screams me. Always reminds me on that mew from the "Nemo" movie: "mine, mine, mine"... it's BS, and it's time that someone tells that those self claimed "artists" and kicks them back into the cave (the marble decorated toilet in some in-club with all the coke on the wash tables) they crawled out.

He says Marcel Duchamp "got rid of creativity," but how many people made a toilet into art before him?
    So, just because something is "new" it is automatically "good", even "creative", and therefore "art"? No, it's not. "New" doesnt even equal creative, far from it.
    You see, when that sort of shit is "art", I'm going to sell my kitchen floor with all the milk spots "painted" there by my cat

Any bids?

He then proceeds to wax dramatically about how the work of Michaelangelo 'changed his life'. Wow, so original. I bet nobody has ever enjoyed the work of Michaelangelo before. And as for Michaelangelo's work itself, how is a sculpture of a man any more creative than the work of a modern artist who creates something abstract and intangible from his mind?
    How is this not art?

And what makes this "art"?

Everyone can do that. You dont need skill, you dont need talent, you even dont need an idea, let alone creativity.

Hey, even cats can do that

BUT, much of modern architecture does have an aesthetic point of view and is beautiful to some people, and, therefore, is art.
    Only because some people find something beautiful doesnt make it actual art. This are two entirely different things and shouldnt be confused.

At one point, Mr. Scruton alludes that the fall of architecture as art came with putting function before form...then the camera proceeds to show triangular shaped buildings, oddly shaped buildings, etc....and I ask how on earth would that be putting function before form? It's the complete polar opposite.
    No, that's still not art, it's just about the retarded dreams of confused architects, who celebrate themselves with ugly glass-beton buildings and get decorated with "design prizes" for something that destroys the entire flair of a district or an entire city.

Example? Narvik, Hotel complex, Northern Norway:

Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 06:16 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    ^ Perhaps we should just go ahead and annoint you Worldwide Art Arbiter. Why consider anyone else's opinion when clearly yours is the only one that is correct?

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    It's funny that I'd come upon this video now, right after I got done reading Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" which was a very good book, but the ideas she posed about architecture kind of repulsed me.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    No, that's still not art, it's just about the retarded dreams of confused architects, who celebrate themselves with ugly glass-beton buildings and get decorated with "design prizes" for something that destroys the entire flair of a district or an entire city.

Example? Narvik, Hotel complex, Northern Norway:

Well honestly Velvet for Modern Architects , most of them are less worried about what a building actually looks like than they are with how cheap it is to build and how much money they are going to make off of it.

For them the first consideration is $$$$, and the Last consideration is its Artistic Value.

And they use steel and glass because it is cheaper then carved stone as was done in the past. Think of it as a high rise version of a Mobile Home,

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 07:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    German/Irish
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Computer CAD/ Civil
    Politics
    Libertarian/Conservative
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Great Video Series BTW

One more thing we have to thank liberals for.
    Abolition of Beauty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast