Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Germanics Be Hindu or Buddhist While Retaining Their Identity?

Last Online
    Sunday, December 2nd, 2018 @ 06:06 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Transylvanian Saxon
    Ancestry
    Austria/GermanBohemia
    State
    Transylvania Transylvania
    Zodiac Sign
    Scorpio
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Project management consultant
    Politics
    Far Centre
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They can be, of course, but they will lose a major part of their identity: the worldview, which is still enrooted in each cultural region of the germanic world. An alien worldview, may that be philosophical or religious has a profound effect upon the respective culture. Since worldview is one of the most important and influential elements of a culture, losing it means loss for the culture itself, which eventually is a loss of native identity.
    :Überschöpfung:

Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Hinduism and Buddhism serve a solid purpose to Germanic preservationists only as a means of comparative study and cross-cultural reference, in my opinion. I would use far removed faiths such as those mentioned to better a wider perspective and understanding of Indo-European culture and thus, to supplement (in our case, Germanic) heathen thought.

Without full cultural immersion your understanding of Hinduism or Buddhism would never be as wholesome and respectful as the peoples who are raised by those religions, further, full immersion into such a culture would be absolutely detrimental to your understanding of the world and, in turn, to your ability to rightfully preserve our own culture.

At the end of the day though, the choice is yours.

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swedish/Prussian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Germania
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Why go with a preset religion? I picked up my race as my religion. Fulfills my spiritual needs just fine.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 @ 10:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sachse
    Ancestry
    Von den Siebenbürgern
    Subrace
    Europid, nicht wichtig
    Single adult
    Occupation
    blöde schwere Welt
    Politics
    Individualistisch/Deistisch
    Religion
    Ohne Gott kein Leben
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I got known buddhism as a religion of the eastern mongolids that has a strong philosophical aspect. You can simply question every aspect of life in a philosophical sight based and termed on the buddhistic teaches about harmony with yourself and your envirnonment included animals and every life being. It teaches respect for yourself and your people. There is no god realation in it, because Buddha was a man, who became enlightened after he started to cut off connection to richness and a sinning life, which he saw as complete wrong for a usefull and rightfull life.
    To go the way of buddhism you should start seminars about it and the spiritual essence. The sourrounding about this religion would give you a picture of it by drawnings about it. You only have to integrate the essectial teachings off it. On the basis that you feel it and it relates to your inner wishes and takes on life.

There exist 2 directions mainly of buddhism, which differ a bit.

Last Online
    1 Day Ago @ 07:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Perhaps you have turned to hinduism because all things exotic (multi-culture) are the current trend among Germanics.
    Western traditions are being phased out in favor of foreign influences and I feel that you have fallen prey to this "ideal".

What you are contemplating is the spiritual equivalent of race-mixing.

Here is a thread I started that might offer a little help.

Western Style Meditation

Last Online
    Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 @ 02:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Vinlander
    Ancestry
    England, Norse, Dutch
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Texas Texas
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Blue Collar field work
    Politics
    Ethnocentric Tribalism
    Religion
    Odinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    • If you worship your enemy, you are defeated
    • If you adopt your enemies religion you are enslaved
    • If you breed with your enemy you are destroyed

-Polyodros-

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:45 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    german/english
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    Married parent
    Occupation
    translator german to english
    Politics
    pro-Reich
    Religion
    devotee goddess freya
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A good book on this subject by a practising Hindu is "The Saffron Robe" by Austrian Leopold Fischer. When called up for the Wehrmacht he insisted on following his adopted religion and was thus drafted to the Indian Legion on the Atlantic coast of France. The Wehrmacht never interfered in religious observance and provided the special diets required. Though this was a third-class fighting unit, unlike the Pope he did not shirk his duty, and took part in all the rearguard fighting from Biscay back into Germany. He then became a wandering monk in India.

The epic "Bhagavad Gita" (first two chapters) justifies the soldier who merely does his duty even though his side's cause is an evil or unjust one. Himmler always carried a copy of this book on his person. Since a European lacks caste, it is impossible for him to become a Hindu in the sense of converting and fitting into Hindu society. Anybody can be accepted as a Buddhist. The best path for the Westerner is the Pure Land.

Last Online
    Friday, January 21st, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    The Noble Path
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    While my approach is primarily Ariosophical, I do consider myself a Dharmi (adherent of Dharmic religious philosophy), so I thought I'd comment on this thread.

First off, the names "Hinduism" and "Buddhism" are nonsense.
    A "Hindu" is someone native to Hindustan. It was first used as an ethnic designator by the Persians, and then much later by the British to refer to any Indian that wasn't a Sikh, Buddhist, or Muslim. This lumped together a number of religions within India that have almost no cultural, historical, or spiritual relation to each other. The problem was worsened by Indian nationalists who opposed both the British and the Muslims within India.
    But because of this artificial lumping, spiritual paths that were originally Aryan in origin, whether by way of the Rigvedic tribes or the later Scythian and Greek invaders, are put on the same level as the religions of the Dravidian natives, which are themselves quite varied.

However, the basis of "Hinduism" is found within the Vedas. Within the Vedas are principles and practices nigh indistinguishable from those native to Europe, and this is due to the cultural and historical connection of the Indo-Aryans with the Indo-Europeans, and the focus both Aryan groups had on a solar, celestial spirituality.
    Now, what distinguishes the early Indo-Aryan religions from the pre-Christian Indo-European religions, and in my opinion what makes them superior, is that the texts that explain in great detail the esoteric spiritual elements of the religion still survive to this day. Unfortunately, due to the tendency toward illiteracy within early European cultures and the later destruction of the oral traditions, similar explanations of the European religions have been lost.

This is not to say, however, that the elaborations of the Indo-European religious paths did not exist, nor does it mean they were lost entirely. In the research I have done, I have come to the conclusion that, despite the rather artificial separation of East vs. West in the modern consciousness, there is almost nothing that separates the religions of the eastern Aryans with those of the west, and that the wisdom of the Upanishads applies just as well to the Eddas as it does the Vedas.

As far as Buddhism, I don't really see that as a distinct religion so much as a further elaboration on the pre-existing Vedic religion, akin to the Upanishadic texts. Indeed, all that Shakyamuni Buddha ever did was explain the Self with the same level of detail the Upanishads (and the earlier Vedic texts) explained God.
    Hell, even Buddhist traditions from outside of India, such as Tibetan Buddhism, are almost entirely dependent upon the earlier Aryan tradition. Tibetan Buddhism largely borrows from Vedic polytheism, and even though it officially borrowed a significant amount from the "native" Tibetan religion of Bön, there is significant evidence that Bön itself is based almost entirely upon Persian forms of Buddhism.

The question in the opening post in this thread is if Germanics can be Hindus or Buddhists and still keep their identity.
    What I say in reply is that there is too little cultural, historical, and spiritual separation between Germanic ideas and ideas from our ancient Eastern cousins to create any sort of identity conflict.
    To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage. - Eliphas Lévi

Last Online
    Sunday, July 24th, 2011 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English/Irish/German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Virginia Virginia
    Anarcho-Capitalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rev. Jupiter, are there any books that elaborate on your post for those interested in "Hinduism", or should one start with the Vedas?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    They can retain their identity, if they are coming from a place of integrity, which goes without saying.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast