View Poll Results: How many times have you fallen in genuine love?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • just once

35 37.63%
  • a couple (2 to 3 times)

31 33.33%
  • many times (4 to 5 times)

9 9.68%
  • more than 5 times (specify)

3 3.23%
  • never

15 16.13%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Love ?/ True Love? / Have You Ever Been in Love?

Last Online
    Monday, January 22nd, 2007 @ 08:27 PM
    Subrace
    Franke
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Frisch verliebt
    Politics
    Nationalsozialist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tired Re: Ever been in Love?

Only twice, once 2years ago and now again!

Last Online
    Friday, March 25th, 2016 @ 08:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celt Australian
    Subrace
    Keltic Nordic
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Guerilla Philosopher
    Politics
    Aristotelian Nationalist
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Ever been in Love?

Once. I think I've avoided girls ever since. The relationship screwed with my head on an elemental level.
    All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 25th, 2006 @ 11:29 PM
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only with the sword. That twin bladed Harbinger of woe.

Last Online
    Saturday, February 10th, 2007 @ 04:00 PM
    Subrace
    Alpinid
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So far I've been in love like 4-5 times.
    Half of them didn't want to return feelings.
    Later I fell in love with a girl who is just a friend... I still don't know what will come out of that friendship. Maybe something good someday. Who knows.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 31st, 2007 @ 07:33 PM
    Subrace
    Mediterranid
    Country
    Other Other
    Cyber relationship
    Occupation
    Computer Tech
    Politics
    Center
    Religion
    Christian seeker
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What Is Love?

this is what i think right now about love, probably in 10 years ill think something else but for the time being this is what makes my heart pump., i am gonna quote from a book i am reading, i would like to know if any of you agree with me on this.

¨...How would I describe love? I decided to give you one of the meditations I'm writing in a new book of mine. I'll read it to you slowly; you meditate on it as we go along, because I've got it put down in short form here so I can get it done in three or four minutes; otherwise it would take me half an hour. It's a comment on a gospel sentence. I had been thinking of another reflection, from Plato: "One cannot make a slave of a free person, for a free person is free even in prison". It's like another gospel sentence: "If a person makes you go one mile, go two".

You may think you've made a slave out of me by putting a load on my back, but you haven't. If a person is trying to change external reality by being out of prison in order to be free, he is a prisoner indeed. Freedom lies not in external circumstances; freedom resides in the heart. When you have attained wisdom, who can enslave you? Anyhow, listen to the gospel sentence I had in mind earlier: "He sent the people away, and after doing that he went up to the mountain to pray alone. It grew late and he was there all by himself". That s what love is all about. Has it ever occurred to you that you can only love when you are alone? What does it mean to love? It means to see a person, a situation, a thing as it really is, not as you imagine it to be.

And to give it the response it deserves. You can hardly be said to love what you do not even see. And what prevents us from seeing? Our conditioning. Our concepts, our categories, our prejudices, our projections, the labels that we have drawn from our cultures and our past experiences. Seeing is the most arduous thing that a human can undertake, for it calls for a disciplined, alert mind. But most people would much rather lapse into mental laziness than take the trouble to see each person, each thing in its present moment of freshness....
    ¨

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 14th, 2012 @ 09:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Re: What is love?

Quote Originally Posted by lighnpeace View Post
    You may think you've made a slave out of me by putting a load on my back, but you haven't. If a person is trying to change external reality by being out of prison in order to be free, he is a prisoner indeed. Freedom lies not in external circumstances; freedom resides in the heart. When you have attained wisdom, who can enslave you? Anyhow, listen to the gospel sentence I had in mind earlier: "He sent the people away, and after doing that he went up to the mountain to pray alone. It grew late and he was there all by himself". That s what love is all about. Has it ever occurred to you that you can only love when you are alone? What does it mean to love? It means to see a person, a situation, a thing as it really is, not as you imagine it to be.
    This is wonderfully said, and speaks volumes. It hit the nail on the head for me, but yes, all in all I agree with it. But as the author of the writing said, it is pretty brief and much more could be added to it, so I guess I'll add a little bit myself by citing a verse from the Bible my cousin pointed out to me which really speaks to me.

If I speak in human and angelic tongues 2 but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
    2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 3 Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, 5 it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, 6 it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 4 Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing. 9 For we know partially and we prophesy partially, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things. 12 At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. 13 5 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I Corinthians, Chapter 13.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like what you say here:

"Seeing is the most arduous thing that a human can undertake, for it calls for a disciplined, alert mind. But most people would much rather lapse into mental laziness than take the trouble to see each person, each thing in its present moment of freshness....¨"

....it coincides with:

William Blake, "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite."

Charlotte Church, The Opera Song, http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8UFeS_kXo

Aldous Huxley, "The Doors of Perception", Vintage Classics, 1954.

My own view, The goal of Life is to Become a Lord of Love. Everything or All of Reality is Love, it's a matter of our own undertaking to understand clearly this Truth.

a.k.a. Slå ring om Norge
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Arkansas Arkansas
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

What is love?

:grouphug

This love, this love, that makes the world go round....

I hear many beautiful words, intended to explain their version of what love is.

Many times it is just hollow words. A term, very simple to abuse, or to shelter under, between the hate-raids.

But do we really need love, or is it outdated?

Why should we need it?

What is love in practice?

Why does the ways from hate to love, seem to be much longer than the ways from love to hate?

Have you any ideas of what love could be?

Last Online
    Thursday, March 30th, 2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German and English
    Subrace
    Nordid
    mtDNA
    H
    Country
    Prussia Prussia
    State
    Teutonic Order Teutonic Order
    Aquarius
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Ethnocentrism
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

AW: What is love?

You know, lately I have been asking myself the same question...

Love as I experienced, your heart beats faster just thinking about the person, you share much in common - it is more than that though, its a deep spiritual connection. You often know what the other person is thinking. Every thought eventually leads you into thoughts of that person. You dream about them often, maybe even every night. You are happy to just know they are alive in the world because they are such a great person. They have all you could ever need or want in a person.

Furthermore, real love is not possessive. You care about them so much you only want them to be happy regardless of yourself and your own wishes. Love exhilerates you and makes you a better person. It's both terrible and beautiful at the same time. You would be willing to wait a million years for them and even die for the person you love.

So yes, of course we need love. What's the world without it?
    Just an empty shell. Love can never be outdated, love is a classic. It makes life worth living. There are different kinds and levels of love too.

May you all find that epic love one day.

Account Disabled on Request
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Subrace
    Bruenn
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts