View Poll Results: How many times have you fallen in genuine love?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • just once

35 37.63%
  • a couple (2 to 3 times)

31 33.33%
  • many times (4 to 5 times)

9 9.68%
  • more than 5 times (specify)

3 3.23%
  • never

15 16.13%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819

Thread: What Is Love ?/ True Love? / Have You Ever Been in Love?

Wild Cat
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English/German American
    Ancestry
    England and Germany
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Cancer
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    I work at home.
    Politics
    Not a Republicrat.
    Religion
    Nondenominational Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    884 Posts
    Another perspective concerning the subject of love, and what it means:

“To love at all is to be vulnerable.

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.

Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.

But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.

To love is to be vulnerable.”

~ C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

I sometimes think I should have remained safely nestled in my emotional cocoon; concentrating on my various hobbies instead of re-entering the world of emotional conflict.
    Aside from an ever increasing number of mortals who have willfully chosen to worship Satan and his minions, our battle has always been against the powers and principalities operating surreptitiously throughout this twisted world.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gareth Lee Hunter For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 21st, 2019 @ 03:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    New York New York
    Married
    Religion
    Theology
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I always think that real love can be only one in life

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Geto-Dacian & German (Moldova, Transylvania, Austrian Empire, Mecklenburg)
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reontro View Post
    I agree with that, but I mean that the only great love one can have in a lifetime is the love for the Divine! Naming it God, or a certain deity, or which name you would prefer for it!

Also, if you can see in your man the Divine Masculine, and love the Divine Masculine essence manifesting through him, that's equal to love the Divine!

And the same applies with the Divine Feminine and the Divine Feminine essence.

One can come to realize that the Divine Masculine essence or the Divine Feminine essence is the same essence in all men and women they meet in their lifetime! But it's not always manifesting in the same way!

So, even when you love more than one person in the same lifetime, it can be the great love for the Divine manifesting, in both ways, receiving the love and giving the love, love continuously flowing through your beings!

When I am in love, sometimes I can see the man I love in many men around me! Not in all of them, but many men can remind me of him! And what I love the most in a man is his Divine essence! This is valid for women too, since it's the same Divine essence, just manifesting in a different way!

So, one can still love more than one person, even at a same time, and that to be in line with this one and only great love!

I realized that when I am in love with someone, I can love some other persons more too! For example, in my previous relationship, which was a quite open one, I fell in love with another man. I was loving him very much, even if he didn't love me back and nothing happened between us, but with that I was also loving my man more! That can seem to be weird, but it's not when you come to understand how Universe works, how the natural laws are working, and how resonance is working! Loving more attracts more love! But it has to be real love, as you said!

I think a mother's love for her children can also be counted as true love... and a father's love for his children too!
    Die Farben duften frisch und grün... Lieblich haucht der Wind um mich.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Well, I guess I've been a bit too philosophical and metaphysical in the above post...

Sometimes things happen that make us reconsider everything, out attitudes, our believes, everything...

I tend to doubt it now... if I really knew what love means... and if I really know what love means...

Now I love like I never did before...

Quote Originally Posted by reontro View Post
    ... and I tend to think you are right about this. More than I commented on this before.

If this one isn't that real love... then I don't know what it is... and for sure I don't want to love again if this is not. May it be the last time for me... I've had enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slĺ ring om Norge View Post
    What is love?
    I'm with Aquinas on this one: willing the good of another. Love is an act of the will and not just a feeling, and needs to extend beyond romantic sentiment.

Does it happend that you fall in love..?
    Yes.

How often do you fall in love?
    Quite rarely.

Do we need the love?
    Of course! We were made to love and be loved.
    Let us not desire delights, daughters; we are well-off here; the bad inn lasts for only a night.
    -St. Teresa of Avila

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Friday, April 19th, 2019 @ 12:49 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Prussian, English & Scottish
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    East Prussia East Prussia
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Grease Monkey
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Love is familiarity over time.

One with Nature
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Daco-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Óđins mćr
    Politics
    Völkisch
    Religion
    Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feisty goddess View Post
    I'm not so sure, I think I have probably only had infatuation. Since I am so attracted to a certain rare type and have such a high libido its really hard for me to make the distinction between love and infatuation, but I'm learning. Its easy for me to build it up in my mind as love, because I want so much to be close to a man I'm more attracted to. It is simply optimism/infatuation. I think love is rare, and many people who think they are in love with someone just simply find them attractive or find some sort of comfort in their eyes or voice.
    Quite interesting post to think about...

I was discussing with some people, a while ago, about the difference between "falling in love", "being in love" as being infatuated on someone and actually loving someone... Indeed many people don't make the difference... and we always still have to learn on that...

My personal opinion on these... well, I don't know how much sense it makes in English, but I hope you'll get my idea... is that when you fall in love, or you're just infatuated on someone, that's just the beginning of LOVE... What comes next, it's up to both of the persons involved... But it can all start with this sort of infatuation, or "falling in love"... Some people say that being infatuated on someone, or "being in love" in that sense is a bad thing... because it's like loosing your mind and often seeing that person more nice than it is in "reality"... But which is reality and which is not? Which is illusion and which is not? Of course infatuation can come with lots of nuisance, just fooling yourself and imagining things that don't exist... But it can also lead to something good, in my opinion, helping to get the best out of a person or a situation...

Well, I'm on the optimistic side of the issue... and I tend to argue in favour of infatuation or "being in love"... As I said, I think it's just the beginning of love... and like every beginning, if it's a good beginning, a good start, then everything has more chances to be fine... When you see someone through the eyes of "being in love" you see them much better than they are in reality... But I think there's nothing wrong with that... Of course, there can be horrible situations too, but let's see the good part out of it: you see the other person much better than they are, but this can eventually help them to really be much better than they are, as I said, to get the best out of them. Of course, if they are receptive to this...

But I think it goes the same within friendships... and this is why I won't step back from a love thing where one of the people involved doesn't feel the same, but where friendships exists... I think things just flow naturally... and you don't have to do anything special about it... Infatuation fades away... as you can't stay forever in the moment of the beginning of something... as in the moment of the beginning of love... If it doesn't continue, then it stops there... In the luckiest cases, of course, it will develop into everlasting love... or at least into friendship... If nothing else happens, people will just forget about that, or it will just stay as a pleasant or less pleasant memory in their minds and hearts...

However, I am still to learn lots of things about love and love matters...

Our whole lives we are still learning... and we are never too wise or too acknowledged to learn more...

But I rest my case so far on this issue, I believe there's nothing wrong with infatuation, or just "being in love" in that state of infatuation... it can lead to something more beautiful... it's just the beginning of love... I believe love is the background where everything like that takes place... and infatuation or "being in love" or "love at first sight" is just the first spark that lights the fire...

Sometimes we have to fall in love or to be infatuated in the beginning to realize love was already there but we didn't acknowledge it... Love is eternal, but we often don't see it... Love is everywhere around us, in every drop of water and in every atom of air... and also within us... but we often lack what it needs to be able to see it...

This is where "falling in love" falls into place... it makes us see things... it makes us see connections... it can give us new perspectives... Falling in love is very interesting... and infatuation too... With different languages and different ways to express things is getting even more complicated...

Well, things are complicated... I like to analyze love and feelings like that, especially my own feelings... There's always something to learn from it...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    I'm with Aquinas on this one: willing the good of another. Love is an act of the will and not just a feeling, and needs to extend beyond romantic sentiment.
    Well, I agree with the saying of Saint Augustine, Love and do what you want!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quote-love-and-do-what-you-want-if-you-stop-talking-you-will-stop-talking-with-love-if-you-saint.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	114458

Also... searching for a nicer image with the above quote, I found another one... I think this is also accurate:

Name:	saintaugustine1-2x.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	114459

Do we need the love?
    The answer is:

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Víđálfr For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Your entire post was beautifully written, and such a pleasure to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Víđálfr View Post
    However, I am still to learn lots of things about love and love matters...

Our whole lives we are still learning... and we are never too wise or too acknowledged to learn more...
    I have much to learn myself.

Well, I agree with the saying of Saint Augustine, Love and do what you want!

Name:	quote-love-and-do-what-you-want-if-you-stop-talking-you-will-stop-talking-with-love-if-you-saint.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	114458
    Wonderful quote from the great St. Augustine, who was a great inspiration to Aquinas! St. Augustine eloquently summarized the Gospel in that short sentence. I don't like how Aleister Crowley twisted Augustine's statement, though.

Also... searching for a nicer image with the above quote, I found another one... I think this is also accurate:

Name:	saintaugustine1-2x.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	114459
    Another excellent quote! St. Augustine called jealousy (I think he used the term interchangeably with envy) the diabolical sin.
    Let us not desire delights, daughters; we are well-off here; the bad inn lasts for only a night.
    -St. Teresa of Avila

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819