View Poll Results: Germany divided??

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, germany is divided regionally and would make more sense partitioned

    9 19.57%
  • no, germany is fine how it is.

    27 58.70%
  • in some sort of variation.

    2 4.35%
  • other/not sure

    8 17.39%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Idea: Divide Germany?

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    Location
    Frisia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Idea: Divide Germany?

    This is all opinionated and I would like to see what germans and non-germans think about the idea even if it seems rather unlikely. I would love to see that day when Germany is divided truly ethnically (culturally, genetically, and linguistically). Grossdeutschland disgusts me and I would much rather a very regional version with more than one nation.

    possible divisions:

    -northern germany (maybe added with netherlands)

    -east germany (mostly brandenburg/silesia slavic lands)

    -southern germany (alemmania :bavaria, austria wurtemburg, bohemia)

    -maybe west germany (rheinlands south of netherlands/ wine drinking germany)

    all the above would of course have different distinct names and not neccessarily directional (north,east, south etc).

    please if you are german understand this is just an idea.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    thoughtcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Politics
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Posts
    351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'm north german and I honestly don't quite like your idea. It is true that Germany is divided both culturally and (somewhat) linguistically, but I don't feel like those differences can't be conquered. If we as a people (the north Germans, who are also far from being only one tribe, by the way) want to retain a certain amout of power and influence in a globalized world, it is imperative that we band together with those who have most in common with us - which would be the other german tribes.

    Also, in my opinion it is an absurd thought for us to join the Netherlands - or even Denmark - since, while we certainly share much in common, those nation's people are still more different from us than, for example, the south german tribes. We neither have a recent common past, nor do we speak the same language.

    Schleswig-Holstein has been a part of the german nation for nearly 150 years - culturally speaking, many centuries longer. No, thanks, I'm a German and I'd like to stay one.

    I feel quite indifferent to the Großdeutschland vs. Kleindeutschland problem, since Austria doesn't share the same (younger) history than the rest of germany, but still, why does the idea of a greater Germany with Austria "disgust" you? What's the matter?
    "Lever dot as slav."

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    Location
    Frisia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtcrime View Post
    I'm north german and I honestly don't quite like your idea. It is true that Germany is divided both culturally and (somewhat) linguistically, but I don't feel like those differences can't be conquered. If we as a people (the north Germans, who are also far from being only one tribe, by the way) want to retain a certain amout of power and influence in a globalized world, it is imperative that we band together with those who have most in common with us - which would be the other german tribes.
    thats fine to disagree but i do know many people from where i am from and in northern germany (coastal parts) who like the idea. I don't agree these differences should be conquered because naturally we are different and conquering this obviously means creating a mainstream german cultures that for the most part today excludes north germans and mostly highlights bavarian (beer, lederhosen, dirndl) culture. i find bavaria as a different country to the rest of germany or maybe north germany is just different from the rest of germany. I think your reasoning with TRIBALISM is a bit ridiculious because that has for the most part been mingeled with and we are no longer small tribes.

    Also, in my opinion it is an absurd thought for us to join the Netherlands - or even Denmark - since, while we certainly share much in common, those nation's people are still more different from us than, for example, the south german tribes. We neither have a recent common past, nor do we speak the same language.
    as being a man living on the border of the netherlands and northern germany i see almost the same country across the border until i reach below niedersachsen. denmark isnt what i was referring to however that would be interesting, but not relevant to the cause.

    Schleswig-Holstein has been a part of the german nation for nearly 150 years - culturally speaking, many centuries longer. No, thanks, I'm a German and I'd like to stay one.
    schleswig holstein is originally part north german/danish.

    I feel quite indifferent to the Großdeutschland vs. Kleindeutschland problem, since Austria doesn't share the same (younger) history than the rest of germany, but still, why does the idea of a greater Germany with Austria "disgust" you? What's the matter?
    i must ask you. in schleswig holstein do you think because schleswig holstein is german that it would make more sense having a bunch of bavarians living there (because as you refer all germans are the same)? bavarians in schleswig holstein would totally alter the place and would not make sense (genetically, culturally, linguistically).

    grossdeutschland disgusts me because i personally dislike the concept of an east german city (Berlin) ruling over the whole germanic continent. also grossdeutschland is like the EU and likes to assume all german people are the same (jacobonist) and seeks to make a single german ethnos (one culture, one language, one nation, one people) me as a frisian i see this as the number one threat to MY people and a big threat to what truly makes us unique as a germanic people. grossdeutschland would love all germans to be Berliners.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    thoughtcrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Monday, May 29th, 2017 @ 09:40 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany, Denmark
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Schleswig-Holstein Schleswig-Holstein
    Gender
    Politics
    Reason
    Religion
    Science
    Posts
    351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I don't agree these differences should be conquered because naturally we are different
    I see. Don't you think that north Germans and Dutch are different then, too? As I already said, we neither have a common history nor do we speak the same language. Don't get me wrong, I do feel a certain kinship with the dutch, but to me it's weaker than the bond between the german tribes.

    i find bavaria as a different country to the rest of germany or maybe north germany is just different from the rest of germany.
    Why wouldn't culturally different, but overall like-minded people be able to work together for a conjoint cause? In my opinion, it worked very well for the most time since 1871.

    I think your reasoning with TRIBALISM is a bit ridiculious because that has for the most part been mingeled with and we are no longer small tribes.
    I didn't start that argumentation. If you prefer an ethnic or civic viewpoint, germans are germans. It's that simple. The differences, however, precisely lay in the culture of formerly independant tribes.

    schleswig holstein is originally part north german/danish.
    The status quo, however, is not random. Südschleswig and the rest of Schleswig-Holstein is a part of Germany by the free will of our people. The polls after the lost WW1 were overwhelmingly clear-cut: We would stay loyal to germany, despite the hardships. Up ewig ungedeelt!

    i must ask you. in schleswig holstein do you think because schleswig holstein is german that it would make more sense having a bunch of bavarians living there
    I don't have a problem with Bavarians living here in moderate numbers. I too fail to see a danger of bavarian mass immigration since they tend to love their own country just as we do,

    because as you refer all germans are the same
    I didn't. Don't try twisting my words.

    grossdeutschland disgusts me because i personally dislike the concept of an east german city (Berlin) ruling over the whole germanic continent. also grossdeutschland is like the EU and likes to assume all german people are the same (jacobonist) and seeks to make a single german ethnos (one culture, one language, one nation, one people) me as a frisian i see this as the number one threat to MY people and a big threat to what truly makes us unique as a germanic people. grossdeutschland would love all germans to be Berliners.
    Well, I somehow see your point, but tell me, how far would you go with the fragmentation of Germany? Does it also bother you that north frisia is governed from Kiel, clearly a non-frisian (but holsatian) City?
    "Lever dot as slav."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Zogbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 @ 05:00 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Swedish/Prussian
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Gender
    Politics
    Nationalsozialismus
    Religion
    Germania
    Posts
    235
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Insane anti-Germanic tribalism, typical of nordfrisk, a neocon puppet.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Sigurd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 09:35 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
    Subrace
    Borreby + Atlantonordoid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    Location
    Einöde in den Alpen
    Gender
    Age
    32
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Engaged
    Politics
    Tradition & Homeland
    Religion
    Odinist
    Posts
    9,129
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    77
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    376
    Thanked in
    263 Posts
    We have a lack of unity as is, we have five majority German speaking states as is, and majorities in two bordering regions, as well as large enclave minorities across Europe. Why divide it even further?

    People with an agenda have already achieved to "breed our people apart", dividing us into first an "Ösi" and a "Piefke", then into a "Wessi" and an "Ossi". Such a thing is not what we need. I am myself a believer that for a nation to be strong, the regions need to be strong, but one can take it too far. I can't see any good from dividing the country into even more parts.

    And why even bother to include Bohemia? We have enough Czechs as it, I don't feel like legitimately making them Germans of any description. We'll take that back of course at some point, but that'll be for creating living space, not to include the Czechs in our fold.
    -In kalte Schatten versunken... /Germaniens Volk erstarrt / Gefroren von Lügen / In denen die Welt verharrt-
    -Die alte Seele trauernd und verlassen / Verblassend in einer erklärbaren Welt / Schwebend in einem Dunst der Wehmut / Ein Schrei der nur unmerklich gellt-
    -Auch ich verspüre Demut / Vor dem alten Geiste der Ahnen / Wird es mir vergönnt sein / Gen Walhalla aufzufahren?-

    (Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    Location
    Frisia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtcrime View Post
    I see. Don't you think that north Germans and Dutch are different then, too? As I already said, we neither have a common history nor do we speak the same language. Don't get me wrong, I do feel a certain kinship with the dutch, but to me it's weaker than the bond between the german tribes.
    they are more similar than say a family from kiel to a family in bavaria. genetically we are the same, originally we spoke the same language, we share a maritime culture. if you have been to my regions of the netherlands you would feel more than welcome here and at home i would agree considering i felt this way all across the north german coast.



    Why wouldn't culturally different, but overall like-minded people be able to work together for a conjoint cause? In my opinion, it worked very well for the most time since 1871.
    like minded? so all the west should unite theoretically because we all for the most part have a similar mindset? also i think mindsets are different considering religious divides of the protestant north germans and the catholic south germans.


    I didn't start that argumentation. If you prefer an ethnic or civic viewpoint, germans are germans. It's that simple. The differences, however, precisely lay in the culture of formerly independant tribes.
    i think it sounds much more professional and logical if you take a modern problem and solve it with a more modern theme. tribes are old fashioned and hardly anyone i know celebrates their tribal history of the past. also if you go that far there was a difference in the tribes of germany. alemmanic, saxon, slavic, celtic, frankish, frisian, they are all more or like but many very different. if you refer to germany as a single tribe you are wrong. germany is a political entity that didn't exsist until the late 18 hundreds because of imperialist prussian bastards who cared about destroying the true differences in culture in germany than preserve them (kulturkampf/ nation diet).



    The status quo, however, is not random. Südschleswig and the rest of Schleswig-Holstein is a part of Germany by the free will of our people. The polls after the lost WW1 were overwhelmingly clear-cut: We would stay loyal to germany, despite the hardships. Up ewig ungedeelt!
    im not debating weither denmark should own schleswig-holstein or not. i am referring to uniting a common people and removing them from the not so similar people that are more similar to other people. bavarians see themselves as bavarians first, then germans. that is how i feel as a northerner, northerner first.



    I don't have a problem with Bavarians living here in moderate numbers. I too fail to see a danger of bavarian mass immigration since they tend to love their own country just as we do,
    they love bavaria more.


    Well, I somehow see your point, but tell me, how far would you go with the fragmentation of Germany? Does it also bother you that north frisia is governed from Kiel, clearly a non-frisian (but holsatian) City?
    if germany were fragmented as i think would make sense i would love kiel to have power in government for northerners are the same/similar. that is like asking english people if they like being governed from london. they have the same mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zogbot View Post
    Insane anti-Germanic tribalism, typical of nordfrisk, a neocon puppet.
    how in anyway does my idea sound likeminded to a neocon?? you clearly have no idea what neoconservative means. past that, i like germanic tribalism if it actually makes sense. north german saxons, frisians, jutes, etc that inhabit the north coast are different than all other germans and i see fit they become one to preserve and make decisions on our own course. the support of a united germany is putting all those tribes into one tribe called German and calling their history as tribes the same, when we are indeed not. if you remember before the late 18 hundreds this nation called "germany" did not exsist. it was small kingdoms. there was a north german confederation before there was a germany.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Hilderinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 02:05 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany, Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Location
    Not Chicago
    Gender
    Posts
    982
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Germany first must be reunited before it thinks of making more divisions.



  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Fyrgenholt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, February 24th, 2012 @ 12:27 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Isles
    Subrace
    Pred. Atlantid
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Gender
    Posts
    499
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Divide and rule. If Germany is suffering the same sort of immigration as we are, then splitting the country into it's various states will serve only to divide the people and thus dramatise the effect of migrant cultures. I believe that this should be avoided, and so Germany should remain how it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by nordfrisk View Post
    that is like asking english people if they like being governed from london. they have the same mindset.
    I think London is far removed from most of the rest of England.

    England has a great multitude of counties all with their own personalities and quirks, their accents and dialects, their differences and their similarities. The most significant cultural divide in England, I believe, seperates the north and the south, a further and perhaps more dramatic divide seperates Cornwall and surrounding areas from the rest of the country, due to their self-association with Celtic culture, this can also be seen to some degree in Cumbria and further areas associated with Yr Hen Ogledd, The Old North, in which a minority of hillfarmers to this day use a method of counting attributed to Cumbric, a Celtic language spoken in the area up untill the early middle ages. The primary historic kingdoms of England are Northumbria, Mercia, East Anglia, Essex, Kent, Sussex and Wessex and cultural distinctions can indeed be seen, to some degree, in each.

    We are all English, though, and that's what matters. I would like to think the Germans, regardless of which state they may call home, all feel German.

    The last thing we (as nations) need, right now, is to dilute our numbers even further.

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    Location
    Frisia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    Divide and rule. If Germany is suffering the same sort of immigration as we are, then splitting the country into it's various states will serve only to divide the people and thus dramatise the effect of migrant cultures. I believe that this should be avoided, and so Germany should remain how it is.
    actually i think regional pride would be stronger and make people more ethnically aware and nationalist to focus on a smaller population at a time. its conservative. local governments ruling over a smaller amount of land/population better represent the people and better are fit rulers. i think if bavaria were to split from germany it would only raise bavarian nationalism/pride.


    I think London is far removed from most of the rest of England.

    England has a great multitude of counties all with their own personalities and quirks, their accents and dialects, their differences and their similarities. The most significant cultural divide in England, I believe, seperates the north and the south, a further and perhaps more dramatic divide seperates Cornwall and surrounding areas from the rest of the country, due to their self-association with Celtic culture, this can also be seen to some degree in Cumbria and further areas associated with Yr Hen Ogledd, The Old North, in which a minority of hillfarmers to this day use a method of counting attributed to Cumbric, a Celtic language spoken in the area up untill the early middle ages. The primary historic kingdoms of England are Northumbria, Mercia, East Anglia, Essex, Kent, Sussex and Wessex and cultural distinctions can indeed be seen, to some degree, in each.
    cool. however germany is not england/uk. germany is a different case. you are germanic. in the UK you have celts and germanics and in some cases latins probably. welsh/scottish/irish idenpendance from england only makes sense because they are not even in the same branch of germanic compared to english. germany is a germanic empire of germanics that are not neccessarily directly related. england is an empire of celts and germanics.

    We are all English, though, and that's what matters. I would like to think the Germans, regardless of which state they may call home, all feel German.
    in the UK you are not all english. however maybe in england that is the case. england makes sense because they all come from the anglosaxon/norman people and have been a country for hundreds upon hundreds of years. germany is a country of many different types of continental germanic peoples that differ culturally, linguistically, and genetically. you do not see this much variation of ethnicity in the whole nation of england (not referring to the UK). a man from manchester would fit perfectly in all aspects of english with a londoner maybe besides the favor of football clubs. in germany a bavarian has much different from a coastal north german.

    The last thing we (as nations) need, right now, is to dilute our numbers even further.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How Zionists Divide and Conquer
    By Loyalist in forum Immigration & Multiculturalism
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Tuesday, May 24th, 2011, 08:30 PM
  2. How Zionists Divide and Conquer
    By SaxonPagan in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Friday, November 5th, 2010, 02:52 AM
  3. Online racial divide
    By SineNomine in forum Articles & Current Affairs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Thursday, September 18th, 2008, 03:57 PM
  4. Opinion: Citizenship Tests a Good Idea for Germany
    By Siegmund in forum The German Countries
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
  5. The New Class Divide in Britain
    By friedrich braun in forum The United Kingdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Friday, October 15th, 2004, 02:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •