NS
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

'While They Strike, People Die'

A Gauteng man has expressed shock and horror after his 68-year-old father nearly died because of the civil service strike. "What has become of their oath?" asked Andy Turner, former president of the Golden Lions rugby union and former international referee. His father, Bobby Turner, only came to on Sunday afternoon in the Sandton Medi-Cinic after he fell ill with flu last week and slipped into a coma in a Johannesburg state hospital, where he had received no treatment. Turner jnr, from Alberton, said on Sunday that his father lay in his own urine for nine hours on Friday at the Charlotte Maxeke Hospital, dehydrated and with an oxygen mask on his ear. This came after he was apparently turned away from the Natalspruit hospital due to the strike and a Netcare hospital requested an admission fee.

The family's nightmare began on Thursday when Turner snr became so ill that he was unable to speak and lost consciousness at times. "I called an ambulance. Natalspruit turned him away due to the strike. I called the Netcare Clinton clinic, but they wanted R50 000 before admitting my father. The receptionist said: 'If you don't have money, don't bring him,'" said Turner jnr. His father was then taken to the Charlotte Maxeke hospital. "When I got there, my father had been lying for nine hours in his own urine, without treatment, in casualty. His drip had been pulled out and blood was running down his arms. It looked like a war zone around him; used needles lay around and cabinets stood open with high schedule medicine. A nurse in civilian clothes whispered that she was sorry she couldn't do more, but that she feared for her life and I wasn't to know that she was a nurse."

Andrew Boden, head of ER24, intervened and organised for Turner snr to be transferred to the Sandton Medi-Clinic's high care unit. "These people fortunately kept saying it was about saving my father's life, not about the money. The intern told me that if we had brought my father to the Medi-Clinic four hours later, he would have died. I am now making it my mission to fight for the rights of people like my father, who don't have a medical aid and have to rely on state hospitals. I have sympathy for the strike, but nurses took an oath to help patients and are part of an emergency service. While they strike, people die."Turner jnr said.

Mandla Sidu, spokesperson for the Gauteng health department, said they would investigate. Netcare spokesperson Mandy Toubkin could not be reached for comment.
    Source: Beeld

This is symptomatic of our country today. Money and a black skin is the driving force behind everything, even ethics. What happened to a country where people were willing to help for the sake of humanity? If you have to ask me it is because people is not employed by merit but by the color of their skin. Look at the mess that is happening with the teachers, all the black teachers are striking over wages while the white teachers are in the classroom where they belong. This just proves it again, blacks have no sense of responsibilty or compassion for human life!

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Skadi Funding Member
    Last Online
    Monday, May 6th, 2019 @ 06:52 PM
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Netherlands, Germany & Norway
    Subrace
    Faordiby
    State
    Orange Free State Orange Free State
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Cognitive Dissident
    Politics
    Verwoerdian
    Religion
    Heretic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtroboer View Post
    This is symptomatic of our country today. Money and a black skin is the driving force behind everything, even ethics. What happened to a country where people were willing to help for the sake of humanity? If you have to ask me it is because people is not employed by merit but by the color of their skin. Look at the mess that is happening with the teachers, all the black teachers are striking over wages while the white teachers are in the classroom where they belong. This just proves it again, blacks have no sense of responsibilty or compassion for human life!
    Mtroboer, I think it is exactly because of the hefty helping of humanity doing the rounds in SA that we are stuck with this kind of scenario... Everybody is so interested in their own humanity that they don’t care what is befalling their fellows... They have no sense of duty or responsibility and the possibility of being called to account for your self-serving actions is zero. Thus they act as they do…

When this happens a democracy must change to a Sjambokracy.

Although the word "Commando" was wrongly used to describe all Boer soldiers, a commando was a unit formed from a particular district. None of the units was organized in regular companies, battalions or squadrons. The Boer commandos were individualists who were difficult to control, resented formal discipline or orders, and earned a British jibe that"every Boer was his own general".