Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Post-Anti-Americanism: Growing European Disdain For The U.S.

  1. #21
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,581
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,794
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,310
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    The factories are still here ask anyone who has been to a large Eastern and Midwestern city. The reason we use foreign oil is because we keep a strategic oil reserve. We have not been in a economic down slide long enough that the U.S. factories are defunct. Many of the factories that made war material in WWII were built during the war. Ford bragged that he could turn a corn field into factory and he did it.

    We are not talking about war goods but everyday needed items. Since you mentioned shoes I will use that as a example. My shoes/boots are made right here in the USA. I will say though that almost all my tools come from Germany or Austria. The only reason I use those tools are because I'm picky about them. Many things are still made here from cars to tractors to airplanes.

    Don't give up the ship yet. I remember in the 1970's people were saying the same thing about Japan as they are now saying about china. The only thing we need to turn this around is a small sense of pride and fair and even trade. The biggest thing to do is first kick the bankers out or jail them.
    * remember who was president during the late 70's recession.

    About the production of food in North America. We have the largest area of self regenerating soil type in the world. That is the reason for high food production. Also to this day much of America is still very rural.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Friday, September 17th, 2010 @ 04:38 AM
    Ethnicity
    scando-friso
    Ancestry
    frisia and scandinavia
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    State
    Friesland Friesland
    Location
    Frisia
    Gender
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    large business owner
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    chritisian
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    =American Asatruar;1022883]With respect, there are a few glaring differences.
    differences with what?

    Huge entitlment programs (including our new OBamacare prog), deficits and national debt that probably exceeds some 3rd world nation's GDP, Trade deficit with China, loss of manufacturing, insane regulations that strangle businesses. In 1920, we didn't have any of that. We had a big bank bust, but we still had assets to rebuild with. This time China will revive our economy (if it's in their best interest), or we're screwed.
    yes and your point being?? i was simply stating that we are all in a world recession. america is mostly the center of the recession but everywhere has been hit hard. and also in comparison of percentage of GDP the USA is moderatly low in debt compared to nations like greece, italy, belgium, japan, iceland, and sudan. (by percentage). also i heard from an economist that soon american businesses may leave china slowly because chinese workers are learning fast the hard work they do and are demanding higher wages (economic slaver it can only last so long) however this is just theory.

    I don't see how we can rebuild our economy when we have so little to build with.
    you don't know economics. the US has the highest potential economically than any other country so don't worry, that is why we pay politicians and economists to do their job. recessions happen naturally in history.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Ward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    23 Hours Ago @ 01:12 AM
    Ethnicity
    Vinlandic
    Ancestry
    1/2 German, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/4 Irish
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Location
    The Wild Frontier
    Gender
    Posts
    694
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    36
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    The U.S. will always have something to rebuild their economy. This something you cannot take out of the country. This something is more valued then gold or trade. This something is the very thing that humans cannot live without. This "something" is the soil and the ability to produce enough food to feed the world many times over. That is what makes the U.S. a strong nation, hands down if other countries cannot feed their populations then they eventually fall. While gold, iron, timbers, and oil may be worth something they come way short when compared to food. I know this sounds too simple, that is because it is a simple fact.
    Yeah, but I seem to recall that Africa has the capacity to produce 6x the amount of food it needs to sustain its population, yet Africans need foreign aid to escape starvation because they lack the intelligence necessary for effectively cultivating their land. Now, America has degenerated to the point that it no longer produces enough of its own scientists, mathematicians, and engineers to sustain its needs in these fields, so we have to import them from places like India. Who's to say that we won't eventually become too stupid to effectively farm our own lands as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioten View Post
    The degree to which the European media has been successful in trashing Bush and his policies to the point where the man pretty much ranks up there with Hitler in leftist-media-lore did perhaps go unnoticed in America. Here it is obvious however. The continuation of this narrative came with Obama, the black (a definite positive) non-Bush (extremely positive) presidential candidate with the leftist (positive, good) agenda.
    Well, Bush and his policies were also trashed in the American alternative right-wing media by people concerned about preserving the sovereignty, economy, and ethnic composition of their country. If there was any justice in this country, Bush and Cheney would have been hanged for high treason long ago. Incidentally, many of the opponents of Obama over here, like those at the tea parties, liken Obama to Hitler and carry placards of him with a Hitler mustache. So there's no shortage of stupidity here, that's for sure.

    Obviously I'm opposed to Obama and everything he stands for, but I can't say that I hate the guy, because for the most part I understand why he would have the kind of views that he has--he's just sticking up for the interests of his people. On the other hand, I hate Bush almost too much for sanity. America is on a downward spiral not because of guys like Obama, but because of traitors like Bush.
    — Always outnumbered but never outclassed —

  4. #24
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,581
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,794
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,310
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingSon View Post
    Yeah, but I seem to recall that Africa has the capacity to produce 6x the amount of food it needs to sustain its population, yet Africans need foreign aid to escape starvation because they lack the intelligence necessary for effectively cultivating their land. Now, America has degenerated to the point that it no longer produces enough of its own scientists, mathematicians, and engineers to sustain its needs in these fields, so we have to import them from places like India. Who's to say that we won't eventually become too stupid to effectively farm our own lands as well?
    I have never heard this about Africa, if so how long can their soil withstand that kind of farming without being totally depleted? At one time they said that about Brazil, they soon found out the soil structure did not withstand long term heavy farming.

    I think the issue about the scientists goes back to the idea that cheaper is better. A bad concept no matter what field it is applied to. I personally have had a bad experience with so called 'wonderful Indian' scientist. A very costly medical experience. Last year I was having pains almost like a heart attack. I went through a whole series of test(very expensive). This India wonder kept insisting that I had heart trouble he wanted me to have surgery. Well being a person that does not trust these doctors (scientist) I went and got a second and third opinion. Turns out my heart was fine on all accounts and it was my gall bladder.Just think if I had not gotten a second opinion and had heart surgery for no reason.

    While I do agree that our education system is getting worse, it is not time to abandon ship yet. As long as there is private and home schooling we will produce enough real scientist to still exceed these third world mongrels.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  5. #25
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    55% of white Americans voted against Obama. I recall his approval rating running in the 70-80% range in Germany (if you're that interested I can probably dig up precise stats). Do your personal experiences indicate something different?
    There is a strong support for Obama is selected circles here in Germany, but I would not consider it the majority of Germans. Most Germans are apolitical, especially when it comes to things of foreign countries.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  6. #26
    Senior Member Bwana Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germany
    Subrace
    East Baltid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Writer
    Politics
    Modern Whig
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Europeans are mostly antiAmerican that's true

    Yes, Euros are mostly antiAmerican. Doesn't really bother me much. We can't do anything about it and even if we could I don't think we should, it would infringe on a basic freedom--the right to like/dislike whoever you want to. I don't much like Euros either although they have some great food, wine, tourist sites and beautiful landscapes. It's O.K. You don't have to like people to get along with them. It's kind of like Mexicans. I don't much like them either, but I get along with them.

  7. #27
    Senior Member wittwer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Posts
    719
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Euro AntiAmericanism

    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! I've heard it all before. "Americans are fat, ignorant, lazy and worthless". Such was the opinion of Europe prior to our entry into WWII when we sacrificed our lifes blood and treasure to pull their chestnuts out of the fire and set them on a path of long term peace. Once again we are "FAT, IGNORANT, LAZY and WORTHLESS". But too whom does Europe, not too mention the rest of World, turn to when things get dicey and they are in dire need of help? Why us "fat, ignorant, lazy and worthless Americans".

    Why doesn't Europe and the rest of the World grow up and take responsibilty for their own actions and inactions; instead of constantly coming to us to pull their chestnuts out of the fire?

    To quote Mark Twain, "Man is the only animal that will bite the hand that feeds it".

  8. #28
    Bloodhound
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    Jäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Atlantean
    Gender
    Posts
    4,380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Such was the opinion of Europe prior to our entry into WWII ...
    Can you give a source to back this claim up? The opinion was rather that Americans are merchant crooks, I have never read anything about being fat or lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    ... when we sacrificed our lifes blood and treasure to pull their chestnuts out of the fire and set them on a path of long term peace.
    Peace in itself is meaningless.
    "Nothing is more disgusting than the majority: because it consists of a few powerful predecessors, of rogues who adapt themselves, of weak who assimilate themselves, and the masses who imitate without knowing at all what they want." (Johann Wolfgang Goethe)

  9. #29
    Senior Member Wulfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    14 Hours Ago @ 09:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Gender
    Politics
    Far Right
    Posts
    2,888
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wittwer View Post
    Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! I've heard it all before. "Americans are fat, ignorant, lazy and worthless".
    I'm just as sick of hearing this myself.
    The European media will never show the White Americans who are well-mannered, hard working, physically in good shape, highly intelligent, busily involved within their communities, or critical of their government.
    Because of this most Europeans refuse to believe that there are far more examples of these types of Americans than there are the stereotypes you mentioned.

  10. #30
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
    I'm just as sick of hearing this myself.
    The European media will never show the White Americans who are well-mannered, physically in good shape, highly intelligent, busily involved within their communities, or critical of their government.
    Because of this most Europeans refuse to believe that there are far more examples of these types of Americans than there are the stereotypes you mentioned.
    European anti-Americanism - the mainstream not the rightist fringe - is due to a number of factors.

    1. We aren't socialist enough. These louts honestly believe that the state owes them a living.

    2. We're 'warmongers'. These people actually likened Bush and neo-cons to Nazis and griped of Bush's 'ultra-nationalism'.

    3. We're 'uptight' sexually. Yes, as hard as it is to believe, they actually think we're too prudish with regards to sex.

    4. We're too racist and are not cosmopolitan enough (this last point is not altogether without merit).

    5. They're simply annoyed that we have eclipsed them in power. They don't like the fact that they're no longer in control. THIS is the primary factor in my view. It boils down to jealousy essentially.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Anti-Americanism Justified?
    By Joe McCarthy in forum The United States
    Replies: 1049
    Last Post: Thursday, February 9th, 2017, 05:21 AM
  2. Growing Support for 'New Look' European Right
    By Nachtengel in forum Parties, Organizations, & Activism
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
  3. The Causes of Anti-Americanism
    By Northern Paladin in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Wednesday, August 17th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •