Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Post-Anti-Americanism: Growing European Disdain For The U.S.

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Danish, German, Irish, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Roman Reconstructionism
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nordfrisk View Post
    its called an economic recession people, not the end of an empire. america and the world have been through far worst. europe isn't any better if not worst. we have found whole entire nations fall bankrupt. it was just a few days ago the US left Iraq. but the future holds either better or worst for the US. once the dubbed "baby-boomer" generation from after WWII become of age to retire (67 i think) more and more social security will be sucked up and taken from the young generations with less people. i feel bad for the future american adults. there only resort is to hope the old die fast, however people are living long and longer (ages 100 in the US are the largest growing age group). lots of bad is now, but there are a lot of goods.
    With respect, there are a few glaring differences.

    Huge entitlment programs (including our new OBamacare prog), deficits and national debt that probably exceeds some 3rd world nation's GDP, Trade deficit with China, loss of manufacturing, insane regulations that strangle businesses. In 1920, we didn't have any of that. We had a big bank bust, but we still had assets to rebuild with. This time China will revive our economy (if it's in their best interest), or we're screwed.

    I don't see how we can rebuild our economy when we have so little to build with.

  2. #12
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,307
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by American Asatruar View Post
    With respect, there are a few glaring differences.

    Huge entitlment programs (including our new OBamacare prog), deficits and national debt that probably exceeds some 3rd world nation's GDP, Trade deficit with China, loss of manufacturing, insane regulations that strangle businesses. In 1920, we didn't have any of that. We had a big bank bust, but we still had assets to rebuild with. This time China will revive our economy (if it's in their best interest), or we're screwed.

    I don't see how we can rebuild our economy when we have so little to build with.
    This statement is totally untrue, while china is a big player they are only a temporary player.

    The U.S. will always have something to rebuild their economy. This something you cannot take out of the country. This something is more valued then gold or trade. This something is the very thing that humans cannot live without. This "something" is the soil and the ability to produce enough food to feed the world many times over. That is what makes the U.S. a strong nation, hands down if other countries cannot feed their populations then they eventually fall. While gold, iron, timbers, and oil may be worth something they come way short when compared to food. I know this sounds too simple, that is because it is a simple fact.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Danish, German, Irish, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Roman Reconstructionism
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    This statement is totally untrue, while china is a big player they are only a temporary player.

    The U.S. will always have something to rebuild their economy. This something you cannot take out of the country. This something is more valued then gold or trade. This something is the very thing that humans cannot live without. This "something" is the soil and the ability to produce enough food to feed the world many times over. That is what makes the U.S. a strong nation, hands down if other countries cannot feed their populations then they eventually fall. While gold, iron, timbers, and oil may be worth something they come way short when compared to food. I know this sounds too simple, that is because it is a simple fact.
    really -- shut down trade with the rest of the world, and we can't even get shoes. Most of the things we use on a daily basis come from forgein ports. Sure we can eat, but our millitary relies on imported parts and the industrial manufacturing of other nations. The computers in our guidance systems aren't made in the US -- most computer components come from China. Without oil from the middle east we can't move our crops to the cities. We don't really make much of our infrastructure, let alone products for our daily use. So timbers and so on are important to have. we'll eat, but we'll be back in the middle ages because we can't keep up our infrastructure and we can't make our own products. If our money becomes so worthless that no one wants to trade with us, we're up a creek. We'll be well fed, but not much else.

  4. #14
    Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

    SpearBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Location
    Central
    Gender
    Age
    53
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,791
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,307
    Thanked in
    607 Posts
    You have to remember that we have our own oil, timbers, and other resources. We just try and not use them. Why don't we make our own shoes, computers or other goods? Because Americans have been led to believe cheaper is better that is why. WWII proved that America can start manufacturing anything at the drop of a hat.

    I would not worry about the value of the American dollar so much in the long term. Nor would I worry so much if other nations want to trade with us. As I stated above we have most of our own resources. Besides dollars are really worthless scraps of debt nothing more.

    When Americans buy goods made in places like china, they are really buying themselves out of employment. When there is no more money to buy these thing it will shift again.

    Just remember these other nations that may not want to trade with us, they need food as well. Hungry people are unruly people.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

  5. #15
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    Give it time. Have you noticed the way commercials are getting more risque in the US. Grocery store checkout aisles will catch up.
    There were fully nude women in French commercials going back at least to the 70's that I know of. How long before we get to that point? 10 years? 20 years? Ever?

  6. #16
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    The Jewish media in Germany might make you think so, but I can assure you that this is not necessarily the case. Maybe too soon to get amused?
    55% of white Americans voted against Obama. I recall his approval rating running in the 70-80% range in Germany (if you're that interested I can probably dig up precise stats). Do your personal experiences indicate something different?

    And in truth I'm not really amused, for reasons I'm sure we can both appreciate...

  7. #17
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Obama's speech in Berlin during the 2008 campaign:







    One wonders if it is due to some American conspiracy that Germans seem to like this mulatto much more than white Americans do...

  8. #18
    Senior Member Patrioten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 03:32 AM
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Gender
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Posts
    1,920
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    Obama's speech in Berlin during the 2008 campaign:

    One wonders if it is due to some American conspiracy that Germans seem to like this mulatto much more than white Americans do...
    The degree to which the European media has been successful in trashing Bush and his policies to the point where the man pretty much ranks up there with Hitler in leftist-media-lore did perhaps go unnoticed in America. Here it is obvious however. The continuation of this narrative came with Obama, the black (a definite positive) non-Bush (extremely positive) presidential candidate with the leftist (positive, good) agenda.

    It's the perfect example of why the media in Europe will be the death of us all , it is simply that powerful and that influential.

  9. #19
    Account Inactive
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, January 9th, 2012 @ 03:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    United States United States
    Gender
    Posts
    972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrioten View Post
    The degree to which the European media has been successful in trashing Bush and his policies to the point where the man pretty much ranks up there with Hitler in leftist-media-lore did perhaps go unnoticed in America. Here it is obvious however. The continuation of this narrative came with Obama, the black (a definite positive) non-Bush (extremely positive) presidential candidate with the leftist (positive, good) agenda.

    It's the perfect example of why the media in Europe will be the death of us all , it is simply that powerful and that influential.
    Believe me, it didn't go unnoticed - with me anyway.

    And I agree with you. The European press is atrocious. The Norwegian media makes the Jewish infected American media seem very conservative by comparison.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Monday, May 16th, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Danish, German, Irish, Scottish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Missouri Missouri
    Gender
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Roman Reconstructionism
    Posts
    92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpearBrave View Post
    You have to remember that we have our own oil, timbers, and other resources. We just try and not use them. Why don't we make our own shoes, computers or other goods? Because Americans have been led to believe cheaper is better that is why. WWII proved that America can start manufacturing anything at the drop of a hat.

    I would not worry about the value of the American dollar so much in the long term. Nor would I worry so much if other nations want to trade with us. As I stated above we have most of our own resources. Besides dollars are really worthless scraps of debt nothing more.

    When Americans buy goods made in places like china, they are really buying themselves out of employment. When there is no more money to buy these thing it will shift again.

    Just remember these other nations that may not want to trade with us, they need food as well. Hungry people are unruly people.
    Absolutely true about the cheap chinese stuff. But as for our ability to ramp up in WW2 -- a good bit of that manufacruing capacity came from retooling one type of factory to another. Car factories were converted to make Jeeps and tanks and so on. That logicly requires that we *have* factories to begin with. I could turn a Saturn factory into a Humvee factory, but first I need the Saturn factory. Same with other goods: it's quick and easy to retool a factory, but it would take time to build one from scratch. And even then, oil comes mostly from abroad, which means that in a crisis or a war, we need to be able to get the oil.

    Food production will still be around, provided that no other country gets the same capacity that we do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is Anti-Americanism Justified?
    By Joe McCarthy in forum The United States
    Replies: 1049
    Last Post: Thursday, February 9th, 2017, 05:21 AM
  2. Growing Support for 'New Look' European Right
    By Nachtengel in forum Parties, Organizations, & Activism
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
  3. The Causes of Anti-Americanism
    By Northern Paladin in forum Political Theory
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Wednesday, August 17th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •