Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    What sad times we live in when groups like the EDL are allowed to call themselves nationalists. They are, for the most part, angry, uncouth, working-class drunks. Many are probably unemployed. They have little purpose in life other than swilling Carling and chanting insults at foreigners. The EDL's hooliganism represents the very worst parts of English culture and they undo by a tenfold what they set out to achieve. When such events are covered in the media many more intelligent would-be nationalists are put off for fear of association with these cretins...

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 @ 12:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English, Anglo-Saxon
    Country
    England England
    Aries
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Politics
    Free Speech / Anti-EU
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,448 Posts
    Well at least they're out there doing something and credit to them for that!

What sad times we live in when groups like the EDL are allowed to call themselves nationalists. They are, for the most part, angry, uncouth, working-class drunks. Many are probably unemployed.
    I've been critical of the EDL myself in the past (based mainly on some silly Star Of David flag-waving) but I don't dispute for one moment they are Nationalists. As for being angry, well so am I! Working class? Yep! Unemployed? Not at present but I've been there too!

TBH, I'd have to say I share many of the attributes you find distasteful and I actually wish there were MORE working class, angry Nationalists out there doing this kind of thing. There may be a few rough diamonds amongst them but I don't doubt their sincerity and now is really not the time to be squeamish.

When such events are covered in the media many more intelligent would-be nationalists are put off for fear of association with these cretins...
    Personally, I've been waiting decades for all these "more intelligent would-be Nationalists" you mention to show up but have finally come to the conclusion that we can do without them. I'm afraid that if you find yourself superior to these lads on the street then you'll probably make a very poor Nationalist anyway!

Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Last Online
    Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynd Eastŵd View Post
    What sad times we live in when groups like the EDL are allowed to call themselves nationalists.
    Coming from a bloke who writes on the interet he worries he has alpinids in his genepool, I don't think your one to speak really. You care nothing about your countrymen...

These lads are out doing something. So what if some of them are not the brightest? Better than scoffing at commoners while reading the Daily Mail, I know that.

Last Online
    Friday, September 2nd, 2016 @ 12:48 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Western Europe, Britain, Ireland
    Country
    England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Traditionalist, anti-capitalist
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwinson View Post

I've been critical of the EDL myself in the past (based mainly on some silly Star Of David flag-waving) but I don't dispute for one moment they are Nationalists. As for being angry, well so am I! Working class? Yep! Unemployed? Not at present but I've been there too!

TBH, I'd have to say I share many of the attributes you find distasteful and I actually wish there were MORE working class, angry Nationalists out there doing this kind of thing. There may be a few "rough diamonds" amongst them but I don't doubt their sincerity and now is really not the time to be squeamish. In any case, the press will smear Nationalists regardless of how they behave (this has been proven time and again!) so I wouldn't worry too much on that score
    I do agree to an extent, however I think they would be a much more productive force if there was more diversity in these groups and by diversity I mean British people from all walks of life, rather than your typical skinhead or football fan. There are probably a few people in the EDL that stand out, but it seems most would be hesitant to join out of fear of not fitting in.

I do however respect them regardless because they (at the moment) are the only people taking a stand against this Islamic plague, while everyone else sits around being defeatest about the whole thing. I mean my god they are only 7% of the population and they hate anything unislamic, if this whole country united against them I doubt they would stand a chance.

As for the Israeli flags well they probably think any support against Islam is good support, I doubt they are Zionists or anything like that. I personally don't have a problem with Israel itself, I have a problem with them corrupting our culture, politics and making us fight their wars. I actually read that one of the proposed solution to the Jewish problem during nazi germany was to establish a homeland for the Jews, keeping it under close supervision, but what we have now is a mess. To be honest out of Muslims and Jews I think Jews have more history in Israel anyway, so I really don't have much sympathy for the Palestinians who violently took it from the Byzantine Romans in the first place.

Last Online
    Wednesday, December 21st, 2011 @ 04:27 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I for one refuse to congratulate the EDL for this kind of thuggery. Chanting racial slurs and throwing stones at ethnic minorities? Give me a break. These dangerous drunks behave no better than the Islamic fundamentalists who they preach against. Hooliganism has existed long before the advent of Islam in the UK. They are merely using Islamic extremism as a pretense to legitimise their yobbery.

As an organisation they are hopelessly confused and have very little to do with nationalism. Even if you ignore the fact that they are comprised of deadbeat football hooligans, it is not hard to find fault with the EDL's design. Their only aim is to eradicate Islamic extremism. This is but one of the challenges currently facing the UK. But other than Islamic fundamentalism they are apolitical and will accept members from all races, colours and creeds in order to achieve their aim. I will share a few snippets from their official website in order to spell out the hypocrisy:

"In addition, the EDL is non-political, taking no position on right-wing vs left-wing. We welcome members from all over the political spectrum, and with varying views on foreign policy, united against Islamic extremism and its influence on British life."

"Everyone from those whose ancestral roots are in pre-Roman Britain to immigrants just arrived yesterday will be welcomed into the EDL with open arms as long as they are willing to stand up with us for English values and against Islamist hate."

"[...]we invite people of all races and faiths to join us in this campaign to awaken our sleeping Government to face up to and deal with the Jihad in our country, which threatens the very foundations of the freedoms won so dearly for us by past generations."

http://www.englishdefenceleague.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=articl e&id=122&Itemid=131

TBH, I'd have to say I share many of the attributes you find distasteful and I actually wish there were MORE working class, angry Nationalists out there doing this kind of thing. There may be a few rough diamonds amongst them but I don't doubt their sincerity and now is really not the time to be squeamish.
    To say there are a few rough diamonds is a bit of an understatement, is it not? If the working class wish to behave like neanderthals then I will not try to stop them. Anyone who is even slightly intelligent will see that this approach is not working and that groups like the EDL actively undermine nationalist interests.

I'm afraid that if you find yourself superior to these lads on the street then you'll probably make a very poor Nationalist anyway!
    Some have higher aspirations in life than throwing rocks at brown people and chanting base obscenities. Many of these EDL activists will end up with criminal records, prison sentences or worse. I would like to think I can contribute more to my country than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deifr
    Coming from a bloke who writes on the interet he worries he has alpinids in his genepool, I don't think your one to speak really. You care nothing about your countrymen...

These lads are out doing something. So what if some of them are not the brightest? Better than scoffing at commoners while reading the Daily Mail, I know that.
    Yes, if I worry about Alpinism in my genepool then I really must care nothing about my countrymen. Well done, Deifr, with that kind of logic you would fit right in at the EDL.

I am not scoffing at commoners. The despicable behaviour and conduct of the EDL speaks volumes and is plain for all to see.

Last Online
    Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 @ 10:41 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Prussian
    Subrace
    Faelid/Batlid
    Country
    United States United States
    Youth
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Fascist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I absolutely agree Glynd Eastŵd, this battle shalt not be won on the streets behaving like the immigrant rabble, but as true Nordics, passing legislations on the political front. Every battle we win on the streets loses us five in the house of commons. We are civilized people, and marching around like it's still 1920 as some pseudo-SA type of organization will get us nowhere. Sure the SA did amazing things back then, but that was then and this is now, the world is changing!
    Ein Kampf, Ein Sieg! Fur Prussia!

Last Online
    Thursday, February 10th, 2011 @ 12:19 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Many of these EDL activists will end up with criminal records, prison sentences or worse. I would like to think I can contribute more to my country than this.
    But you don't contribute more to your country than that, but when you do, then you can criticise people who do more than pontificate on internet forums.

Last Online
    Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 @ 12:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Country
    England England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadski View Post
    as true Nordics
    Britain/England is not nordic, it just has Nordic influences.

Yes, if I worry about Alpinism in my genepool then I really must care nothing about my countrymen. Well done, Deifr, with that kind of logic you would fit right in at the EDL.
    It means you feel superior and look down on 'alpine' countrymen, aswell as those trying to get a message out, violent or not. Why shouldn't they march? The muslims and the reds have their anti-British marches and demos.

Criminal Records? Thats whysome of these lads are 'lower class' and hooligans... they have nothing to lose when the system opresses them for their views. The 'lower classes' are not afraid to speak their minds.

They might not all be 'Ethno-Nationalists' but they are speaking out about things the media and the police try supress knowledge of. You can't expect everyone to share your exact views.

Last Online
    Saturday, January 28th, 2012 @ 03:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English/Bavarian/'Boatie'
    Country
    England England
    State
    Mercia Mercia
    Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Reconstructionist Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress Germania View Post
    What movement is that? How long have you been in it and what is your place in it?
    I don't feel the need to give anyone that information that doesn't know me in real life.

As for the "lads who got a real kicking", were they the same lads that were throwing stones, bottles and smoke bombs indiscrimanantly at mass crowds, or the ones that were assaulting police officers?

This is nothing personal FG, I don't doubt your intentions, or the fact that there are honest and positive minded people in the EDL. But I do doubt the intentions of a lot of the EDL group, as well as being suspicious of their leadership, and most of the Youtube clips you posted didn't do much to boost my confidence in them.

But yes, point taken, at least they are doing something. To what long term consequence that might lead to, I will wait and see.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast