+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Put So Much Emphasis on Being "Germanic"?

UnregisteredGuest

Why Do You Put So Much Emphasis on Being "Germanic"?

I am not from Germanic country and I am anti-immigration, pro-European activist for years. European preservation is one of the most important things to me.

I would like to ask, why people on this forum put so much emphasis on being "Germanic". Of course I don't have anything against Germanic culture and I think it's beautiful and worth preserving. But Europe and European-derived people worldwide face a great danger - coming from multi-culturalism, "tolerance". In the year of 2100, so called "White" people might permanently dissapear from this planet.

As I stated before, I totally support pride from one's nation, culture. But shoudln't we concentrate on ethnic, racial and cultural preservation of ALL European peoples, whether Germanic, Celtic or Slavic for that matter? I think we don't have that much freedom of choice today to pick among Europeans: "who is more worth preserving".

I am perfectly aware, that not all people on this forum have same views, there are differences in worldview between members (it's a free speech forum after all). Views of some of you might be more into preserving Europeans (and European-descended) people as a whole. I am not attacking here anyone, I am just asking a question.

I also feel like some of the members here justify their "Germanics only" stance by suscribing into nordicists ideology. But Germanics aren't racial group after all - they are linguistic/cultural group. Not all Germanic people resemble "Nordic ideal", many of them are Alpinids or Dinarids. On the other hand, people of Nordid phenotype can be found among people of Celtic, Baltic, Slavic and every other European language-group.

If some of you would be curious about my agenda, then I am - as some maybe deducted from earlier parts of this post - European preservationist. I am also into eugenics and preserving, promoting and propagating of the so called "progressive traits".

Thank you in advance for intelligent responses.

Last Online
    Friday, January 21st, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    The Noble Path
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    On one level, a lot of it has to do with the historical superiority (used in this sense to mean higher status, rather than innate merit) of Germanic culture. There is hardly a place in Europe that hasn't been touched by Germanic peoples in some way or another.
    As a result of this, the word "European" as understood by the popular consciousness can be seen in many ways to refer to Germanic peoples. Indeed, even the Greco-Roman politics and Christian religion that are so connected to the more recent history of Europe would not have been preserved if not for Germanic peoples.

On another level, pan-Europeanist ideas as they exist in the context of modern movements like "White Nationalism" are just another form of political correctness. Asserting ethnic sovereignty borders on the taboo in a lot of pro-European circles. While collectivist ideologies serve political purposes just fine, politics isn't the whole of human existence. Things like culture and spirituality need to be taken into account, and modern pan-Europeanist ideas sacrifice those for the sake of the purely political.

What's most interesting about your question, though, is that I considered myself a pan-Europeanist for quite some stretch of time, and it is for that reason that I now align myself more with specifically Germanocentric ideas.
    Without Germanic people, there wouldn't be a Europe.

UnregisteredGuest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Jupiter
    On one level, a lot of it has to do with the historical superiority (used in this sense to mean higher status, rather than innate merit) of Germanic culture. There is hardly a place in Europe that hasn't been touched by Germanic peoples in some way or another.
    As a result of this, the word "European" as understood by the popular consciousness can be seen in many ways to refer to Germanic peoples. Indeed, even the Greco-Roman politics and Christian religion that are so connected to the more recent history of Europe would not have been preserved if not for Germanic peoples.
    My main point is that I wouldn't be accepted as member of this forum simply because my genealogy is not fully Germanic. I completely agree with you that Germanic culture had large impact on Europe.

But you said youself that it's rather higher cultural status than some innate merit. Being Germanic is purely cultural term on European level. Most of Germanics today are germanized people of other culture/speech.

Take a look at the British Isles. Many populations settled there, starting from the native Bruenn racial type, Megalithic Mediterranoids, Kelts, ending at Germanic Anglo-Saxons and - to lesser extent - Normans. Descendants of all of these peoples speak English today (with exception of Celtic-speaking people, who usually know English as well). British people, including English, are to large extent descendants of people, who were germanized.

Being Germanic is cultural term, it's not "running through your veins". I basically don't understand, why do you accept only those with "Germanic genealogy" when it's clearly not a racial term. There can be German Nordid as well, as French Nordid. There can be German Alpine as well, as French Alpine. There is no "Germanic race", no "Baltic race".

There is no reason to alienate or reject someone of other European cultural group, there is no "biological" reason to do so. That's, what I am trying to say.

On another level, pan-Europeanist ideas as they exist in the context of modern movements like "White Nationalism" are just another form of political correctness. Asserting ethnic sovereignty borders on the taboo in a lot of pro-European circles. While collectivist ideologies serve political purposes just fine, politics isn't the whole of human existence. Things like culture and spirituality need to be taken into account, and modern pan-Europeanist ideas sacrifice those for the sake of the purely political.
    Well, I wouldn't describe myself as "white nationalist" and I mostly share your opinion on that subject. I also disagree with doing "all-White state", some egalitarian country with mixed culture - even if purely European in genetic sense like some of them want to suggest. But I also think that being "only for Germanics" is wrong, especially nowadays, when our whole heritage might be destroyed.

What's most interesting about your question, though, is that I considered myself a pan-Europeanist for quite some stretch of time, and it is for that reason that I now align myself more with specifically Germanocentric ideas.
    Without Germanic people, there wouldn't be a Europe.
    I agree, but Germanics aren't the only one, who contributed to European culture. Preserving Germanic culture/race/languages is a good thing but doing it at the expense of other Europeans is wrong in my opinion.

Still just only death
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Ancestry
    Frankish
    Country
    Holy Roman Empire Holy Roman Empire
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,452 Posts
    Why do you put so much emphasis on being "European", guest? "Europe" is only relevant as a geographical factor. On the European continent you'll find a variety of cultures and peoples, most of whom the Germanic nations have no special affinity with. Moreover, NW European countries are flooded by immigrants from Eastern European nations. And we don't need any more Italians either.

Their sheer numbers are part of the problem of Germanic preservation - and we're not going to champion this evolution since we're not suicidal. I live in a nation that is constantly under threat from Romanization - and the forces who make that possible use the 'we're all Europeans anyway' argument as well.
    "Anyone who hasn’t experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all." – Jean Genet

UnregisteredGuest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlodovech
    Why do you put so much emphasis on being "European", guest? "Europe" is only relevant as a geographical factor.
    Maybe I used sort of euphemism here. I don't mean Europeans in geographical sense but also in cultural. European-Americans as well as White Australians and others qualify as "European" or "European-descended" in this definition.

Let's define them as Indo-Europeans + Baltic Finns. All these peoples have a lot in common and are closer related to each other than to non-Europeans. While we are branched into different groups like Germanics, Celts, etc. and eventually into nations, we still retain our European heritage.

On the European continent you'll find a variety of cultures and peoples, most of whom the Germanic nations have no special affinity with.
    As I said, most of European cultures and nations are related and bound by common civilization. Germanics are their branch - very succesful and with a lot of contribution into common culture. I don't deny Germanic people right to preserve themselves, I just say that they are part of something bigger and they shouldn't alienate themselves from it.

Moreover, NW European countries are flooded by immigrants from Eastern European nations. And we don't need any more Italians either.
    To be honest, immigration from African countries or Turkey is much bigger threat and you should be more concerned about them, not Eastern/Southern Europeans.

But I agree that Poles should live in Poland, English in England, Russians in Russia, Italians in Italy, etc.

I might be wrong but you seem to suggest that Eastern/Southern Europeans are very distinct from NW Europeans. But where these large differences exist? Slavic speech as well as Romance speech belong to the broader Indo-European family. Both Southern/Eastern Euros contributed to common European culture. If we speak about race, then northern Italians resemble Central Europeans a lot, many Poles are of Nordid affinities. Of course more south and east into Europe we go, less "Nordish" people will be but it's gradual change. It's not like: "this country isn't Germanic so there are no Nordids here".

As I said, In England, English/Germanic culture should be dominating so it shouldn't be overrun by Eastern/Southern Europeans. But it doesn't change the fact that there is no "biological gap" between different European language groups.

Their sheer numbers are part of the problem of Germanic preservation - and we're not going to champion this evolution since we're not suicidal. I live in a nation that is constantly under threat from Romanization - and the forces who make that possible use the 'we're all Europeans anyway' argument as well.
    I understand you perfectly. I don't want to mix Europeans into one mass without culture or identity. But Germanics aren't only valuable people worth preserving on the world/in the Europe.

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredGuest View Post
    My main point is that I wouldn't be accepted as member of this forum simply because my genealogy is not fully Germanic.
    Well, we have the right to set up and provide a board exclusively for other Germanics. The Internet offers everything: Boards for all Europeans, boards for "pan-Europeans" (PANF and Co.), boards for Slavs, boards for Romance populations, boards for Celts, et cetera. And here´s the place for Germanics. I´m glad to have a place where I can talk and discuss with other Germanics exclusively and I feel a strong emotional connection. As a German, other Germanic tribes are nearer to me than other European populations. Opinions of Danes, Swedes, Dutch or Norwegians are more important to me than opinions of Romanians, Portuguese, Italians or Bulgarians. I put no great value to their opinions.

By the way, I don´t think there has to be a 100% rational reason for the existence of a Germanic board. The fact that many Germanics appreciate the opportunity that they can talk to and talk with each other is reason enough. We´ve (approximately) 170 registered members logging in per day, along with several hundreds of unregistered visitors. All of them prove the need for a Germanic-centered board. That we refuse and reject memberships of Non-Germanics is not primarily a reason of hating others but more a reason of loving and supporting ourselves.

And I´ve to disagree with you. "Germanic" is not only a cultural term on European level. All Germanics are connected by their language ( North- and West-Germanic language tree) and by ethnicity. Ancient Germanics, coming from Scandinavia, settled in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and a few other places in central Europe. Language and culture changed over time to some extend (like local dialects became own Germanic languages) but the old connections and links are visible and obvious in many aspects. I can understand written Dutch and Flemish up to 80% if I keep myself concentrated on the text. I can understand Swedish texts at least to 40% although I had never any Swedish lesson. Parts of Germanics had some genetic influx by other European ethnicities during the last two millenias but that was minor influx and hasn´t changed the big picture. The biggest threat for Germanics is nowadays: Multiculturalism, cultural marxism and mass immigration put our integrity, culture and preservation at risk. One reason more to have a place for Germanics only.

To put it in a nutshell: I´m not the only one who can see the age-old kinship between different Germanics. And why shouldn´t have Germanics the same right to maintain an exclusive board like other tribes and people? If your focus is on all-European matters then I´m sure there´re more than two boards which would suit you well. But not Skadi Forum, of course.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Thusnelda
    Well, we have the right to set up and provide a board exclusively for other Germanics. The Internet offers everything: Boards for all Europeans, boards for "pan-Europeans" (PANF and Co.), boards for Slavs, boards for Romance populations, boards for Celts, et cetera. And here´s the place for Germanics. I´m glad to have a place where I can talk and discuss with other Germanics exclusively and I feel a strong emotional connection. As a German, other Germanic tribes are nearer to me than other European populations. Opinions of Danes, Swedes, Dutch or Norwegians are more important to me than opinions of Romanians, Portuguese, Italians or Bulgarians. I put no great value to their opinions.
    It's understandable that you feel closer to people of your own family, nationality or language group (Germanic in this case). But I think that you're generally a bit too extreme in it.

By the way, I don´t think there has to be a 100% rational reason for the existence of a Germanic board. The fact that many Germanics appreciate the opportunity that they can talk to and talk with each other is reason enough. We´ve (approximately) 170 registered members logging in per day, along with several hundreds of unregistered visitors. All of them prove the need for a Germanic-centered board. That we refuse and reject memberships of Non-Germanics is not primarily a reason of hating others but more a reason of loving and supporting ourselves.
    It's not a problem for me, every ethnicity, nation or language group can have it's own forum. Keep in mind however, that non-Germanic Europeans aren't the "other world". We face serious problems today, we can't divide ourselves by "who is more fit to be preserved". We must preserve European heritage as a whole (with preserving different branches of it as well).

I of course also keep very special kinship with other people of my European branch. But it doesn't make me reject someone of Germanic heritage and it doesn't fobid me to have friends among Germanic folks.

And I´ve to disagree with you. "Germanic" is not only a cultural term on European level. All Germanics are connected by their language ( North- and West-Germanic language tree) and by ethnicity.
    Just as all Slavs or Balts are connected by their language and by ethnicity. But Baltic languages are also related to Germanic ones, as well as ethnic Balts are related to ethnic Germans (in wider sense). I mean that there is no serious gap between both, there is no reason to consider other Indo-Europeans as something totally different and alien to Germanics.

Ancient Germanics coming from Scandinavia settled in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and a few other places in central Europe. Language and culture changed over time to some extend (like local dialects became own Germanic languages) but the old connections and links are visible and obvious in many aspects. I can understand written Dutch and Flemish up to 80% if I keep myself concentrated on the text. I can understand Swedish texts at least to 40% even if I had never any Swedish lesson.
    Ancient Germanics were already mix between native Scandinavian Cromagnids and incoming, Indo-European Nordids. That's - in veeeery big generalization - how Germanic group originated. As you see, despite being similiar, they weren't that much homogenous.

Parts of Germanics had some genetic influx from other European ethnicities during the last two millenias but that was minor influx and hasn´t changed the big picture.
    Sometimes it was minor influx, sometimes bigger. It wasn't like Germanics were expanding into empty territories and kept perfect homogeneity - they often germanized and mixed with local peoples and "converted" them into being Germanics. That's why not all Germanics look the same. Many of people were basically Teutonized (and I see nothing wrong with that). Good example are inhabitants of British Isles: English are Germanics but many of them are descended from pre-Germanic, native population (Bruenns, North-Atlantids, etc.).

I wouldn't say that other people were not assimilable - quite contrary!

To put it in a nutshell: I´m not the only one who can see the age-old kinship between different Germanics. And why shouldn´t have Germanics the same right to maintain an exclusive board like other tribes and people?
    I agree. Germanics are bound by common culture, language. There is a close kinship between them, I don't deny that. It's just like all Slavs have common culture and can understand each other.

If your focus is on all-European matters then I´m sure there´re more than two boards which would suit you well. But not Skadi Forum, of course.
    Thank you for reccomendation.

Last Online
    Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    English
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnregisteredGuest View Post
    My main point is that I wouldn't be accepted as member of this forum simply because my genealogy is not fully Germanic. I completely agree with you that Germanic culture had large impact on Europe.
    I think many people on this board are actually ethno-nationalists. By this I mean they support their own nationality or folk or people, and not necessarily other Germanic people. The common linking thread between the various countries included on this board is that they are linguistically Germanic countries and have people (whether a majority or a minority) who have travelled from the point of ethno-genesis of the Germanic cultures to where they are today.

This means that the countries represented share common ancestors to a point which is a lot more recent than the ancestors they share with other Europeans. That is not to say however, that one Germanic country should get millions of Germanic immigrants from another country. Although the cultures and such are quite similar, they are different because they evolved differently and diverged, and they should remain that way.

I wouldn't support 2 million Germans moving to the UK just as I wouldn't support 2 million Poles. I also don't think it would be good if Danes were replaced by the Dutch, or anything like that.

I don't see why you have a problem with people of Germanic countries talking amongst themselves. If you want to be something you are not, that is too bad.

Anyway, there really is not much of a distinct white "race" perse anyway, so what types of people do you think should be admitted to Germanic countries? Italians? Greeks? Turks? Where do you draw the line, and why? Is it soley based on assimilability?

The type of thing you are looking for can be found in New World countries (esp. the USA and Canada as well to an extent, although it is a different situation here entirely), which have a more black and white concept of White and Black, and in which "one of us" is a lot more vague. I don't think the differences between European countries and peoples should be destroyed just because they are "sorta similar" (my words, not a quotation).

Edit: Hm apparently we have some similar beliefs. I think the difference is I see many nations as asserting an identity in general, and not necessarily a collection of people who vary genetically with some being Germanic and some not, although the differences obviously exist. They are historical, but I don't see why we should make the differences any greater. Also in another post I detailed how I view the genetic situation of Europe: it isn't entirely based on language, I agree.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:44 AM
    Ethnicity
    British Isles
    Ancestry
    All over the British isles
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Victoria Victoria
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    National Socialist
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    In the year of 2100, so called "White" people might permanently dissapear from this planet.
    This is why most people on here have so much emphasis being Germanic
    ....It is most common for the next human race to die out,would be the Germanic race,so I agree with you here.
    As I stated before, I totally support pride from one's nation, culture. But shoudln't we concentrate on ethnic, racial and cultural preservation of ALL European peoples
    But why?
    Why should we help other races when our own race is dying out?
    I am pretty sure the ones you want us to help with there preservation and concentrate on there culture and people,would love for our race to disappear for good off this planet.

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's understandable that you feel closer to people of your own family, nationality or language group (Germanic in this case). But I think that you're generally a bit too extreme in it.
    Well, that´s your opinion. While you think we´re a bit too extreme I think others are a bit too lenient. Tastes differ and both sides have to accept it. That is why I don´t post on Pan-European boards. And due to the fact that we´re discussing on a Germanic-orientated board right now it´s obvious that our "taste" counts here. Everything else would be inconsistent and a betrayal of our board goals.

It's not a problem for me, every ethnicity, nation or language group can have it's own forum. Keep in mind however, that non-Germanic Europeans aren't the "other world". We face serious problems today, we can't divide ourselves by "who is more fit to be preserved". We must preserve European heritage as a whole.
    I see the relationship between Germanic people and tribes as some kind of family relationship. The family is in danger, thanks to mass immigration, cultural marxism, multiculturalism, islamisation, et cetera. Do you handle family business within your family or do you ask your neighborhood and people of other streets for help? I want to take care of it within the Germanic sphere. My emotional and cultural distance to Slavs or Romanics is too great that I would feel the urge to discuss with them. And last but not least, I oppose Non-Germanic immigrants to Germanic countries as well. We don´t need more Bulgarians, Ex-Yugoslavs, Italians or Russians in our countries. An Albanian is as foreign to me as a Turk or North African. I understand that an Albanian or Bulgarian who has a all-European stance would feel rejected by my opinion ("But we are all Europeans!") but that´s the reason why he´s not registered and allowed to post here but in other boards. Again, here´s the place for Germanics and there´s no need to argue about it. We stick to that exclusivity.

I of course also keep very special kinship with other people of my European branch. But it doesn't make me reject someone of Germanic heritage and it doesn't fobid me to have friends among Germanic folks.
    Many of our members, even staff members, feel the more general and tie with other European people, too. Not as strong as the Inter-Germanic connection, but existent. We don´t wish other Europeans bad but our focus is on ourselves. We have members who are friends with Finns, Slavs, Romanics and other European ethnicities. No one forbids anyone to be friends with someone else. Some members here are members of other boards who have a different focus. But the decisive factor is that if they´re visiting Skadi Forum, the focus is solely on Germanics.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast