Politics
    Who I think is best.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Greetings!

Hello,

Where to begin... Well, I arrived here from a search engine. Simple enough, yet there is more. What I was really doing was searching for an old story that I had read on some forgotten heathen forum. The story was about the author and the series of vivid synchronicities which led him/her to the discovery of various materials with which to form a ritual Thor's hammer. Nevertheless, I didn't find the story but instead found this great forum.

Initially, I read through a few threads and that was fine. I thought they were good and thought provoking. Of course, as with all good things, I generally wanted more. Thus, here I am!

My personal background is one of questing, learning. As a child I was attracted to anything about the Germanic peoples; books with pictures of arcaeological finds from the era- longships, swords, clasps, etc.

Unfortunately, my little world was soon crucified in the name of Catholicism. We went through catechism and then, over the years, the church slowly faded away into memory.

After awhile of just being a kid, I began reading comic books and there was "THE MIGHTY THOR"! Of course I loved it immediately and revelled in the theme. Eventually comic books fell to the wayside and the world of puberty enlightened the senses.

I'll spare the details and just say that I followed a mainly Celtic path for around 15 years or so. While I do appreciate much of the path, I eventually lost belief in it due to so much eclecticism and ceremonial magic trappings incorporated. My fall from so much invested time was devastating to me. I was in "limbo" spiritually for years.

Only recently, in the past year or so has my interest piqued and I have been drawn to the old ways again. I had never heard of religion being "ancestral" and that struck a chord deep within me. All these years and that simple word of description has eluded me, yet now means so much.

Nonetheless, just saying hello.

Lost in Melancholia
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bavarian tribe
    Ancestry
    Bavarian
    Subrace
    Nordid-Borreby
    State
    Bavaria Bavaria
    Occupation
    Breathing the forest
    Politics
    Regionalist-conservative
    Religion
    Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Hello here on Skadi forum, RABJR. What a wonderful intro and it contains many informations about the path who (finally) brought you here. I hope you can learn a lot and take part in our various debates and discussions.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Online
    Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 @ 04:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    European Mutt
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, French
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Married parent
    Politics
    Who I think is best.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome! I look forward to exploring the vast data -base that is Skadi forum. Thanks for a great site.