Nationalist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mad The Horrifying Case of the Ukrainian Girls Who Butchered a Dog

What kind of punishment do they deserve?

Bloodlust or eagerness to learn?

Published 20 July, 2009, 16:19

Edited 11 March, 2010, 14:29

Two Ukrainian female students from different universities in Kiev dissected a dog in a kitchen and posted shocking pictures and video on the Internet. They claim it was homework.

Eighteen-year-old Anna D, a second-year student from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the National Institute of Biological Resources, and 19-year-old Alisa K. from Kiev’s Institute of International Relations have shocked the Internet community with Anna’s “homework,” Russian and Ukrainian media report.

The story began when the two girls decided to dissect a dead (as they insist) dog in the kitchen of Alisa’s apartment, claiming they were simply doing their best to complete Anna’s homework assignment. Moreover, they filmed the whole process on video and took a series of shocking photos with themselves posing next to the dog’s corpse. Finally, their video and photo reports found their way to the Internet.

Needless to say, such a provocative “photo session,” let alone video, evoked an immediate, angry response from animal-lovers across the Net.

“That was quite something!” Irina Sidelnik, one of the bloggers wrote, as quoted by Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper. “They put candles into the dog, then lit them up and blew out as if it was a birthday cake…”

Surprisingly, even after the shocking pictures were removed by the administration of the website where the girls initially posted them, Anna tried to make a new account and expressed her anger over the administration’s actions.

Having realized the scale of the response to their “deeds,” the two girls ultimately removed the video, but the pictures instantly spread throughout the Internet.

“We got so caught up in the process. And it didn't feel like we were doing anything wrong. I mean, I love animals. I treat them very well – that’s the reason I want to become a vet,” says Anna.

In response to the most caustic comments in her blog, which has already been removed, Alisa tried to defend her girlfriend:

“It was the homework for all students – to bring a prepared bone. Many failed to do so; others bought it at the grocery store; yet Anna is firm in her principles. And all of a sudden, we were lucky enough to get this dog killed by a car. I mean, the dog was hit in the morning, and it was hobbling till afternoon, when it died.”

“Then we picked it up in the evening, stiff with cold,” Alisa carried on. “We dragged it to my place and dissected it. The work took some six hours, if not more. Of course, we also decided to take all those pictures.”

That would be it. But the vet academy is also shocked.

“It’s not ethical to post such photographs. They're shocking. I asked the student, and she said it was a joke. But it’s not a laughing matter. There was no such task set for the students, ever. They study anatomy – but in controlled conditions, at the university labs,” says Mikhailo Prus, Dean of the Veterinary faculty.

Many raised concerns pertaining to the circumstances of the dog’s death too, spotting evidence that the dog might in fact have been killed by the pair. However, regardless of whether or not this is the case, the fact that a veterinary student simply watched the dog suffering, instead of providing help, is something beyond understanding.

“We just have a dark sense of humor, really. And we were trying to do a parody of this one really dark cartoon – well, our friends would have understood. I mean, we had the chance – why not have a laugh?” Alisa explains.

As if the photo session with the dog’s corpse was not enough, the duo have another story: this time with a mouse. In her blog, Alisa – a student at Kiev University of International Relations – describes how they injected the animal with a soporific and skinned it alive. After that, the girls removed the mouse’s intestines and took pictures “as mementoes.”

Meanwhile, responding to reactions, Kiev police state that, “there are no grounds to bring action” against the students.

With the respective legislation varying significantly between countries, a clear tendency to eliminate teaching approaches based on animal dissection can be observed nowadays worldwide, at least in medical schools.

“Almost 95 per cent of medical schools use no live animals whatsoever in their medical training. This includes such prestigious medical schools as Harvard, Yale and Stanford,” Julian Carr, a researcher who specializes in virtual dissection issues, voices his opinion, published in The Herald News.

However that may be, animal dissection remains an important learning tool in many biological disciplines, as well as in veterinary science. In this regard, it may be more valuable to put more emphasis on teaching bioethics in some countries, rather than imposing restrictions on essential laboratory techniques.

“There are dozens of ethical, acceptable ways to study the anatomy of an animal without killing it. They could have gone to a pet clinic, and simply worked with the doctors there. Healing teaches one just as much. In the end, a vet is not just about a steady hand with the scalpel – it’s also about having a heart, and these girls were completely heartless,” says Ilya Bluvshtein, chairman of Fauna animal rights protection society.
    SOURCE

http://is-is.facebook.com/topic.php?...74&topic=11721

Another female butcher (Russian Girl and her Dog - 2009) - WARNING! GRUESOME IMAGES:

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2...l-and-her-dog/

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Thursday, July 5th, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    United States United States
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    they didn't actually kill it so they didn't commit a mortal sin, but they should definitely get their sh together.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I kill dear and 'dissect' them too. To honor the animal I use as much as I can.

Don't know why so many complain. It's just normal and happens every day.

when I see interesting roadkill, rattlesnakes, coyotes, bobcat etc, I take them home and skin them. If they are fresh, I also cook them.

so what?
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post
    when I see interesting roadkill, rattlesnakes, coyotes, bobcat etc, I take them home and skin them. If they are fresh, I also cook them.

so what?
    You're also eating and/or preserving the carcass, not posing with corpse and sticking candles into it and then posting the pictures online, either. This and the fact that she admitted to skinning a mouse alive in her blog is going to cast doubt on her assertion that the dog was dead first and the dissection was done in the name of science.

Anyways, here in the States we had a similar case where this young amateur taxidermist's friends leaked pictures of her at work on a dead dog she found. Here is the article. There's no doubt she was an animal lover, but the pictures still caused a media frenzy. In both cases, allowing the pictures online was certainly foolish.

Last Online
    Monday, August 6th, 2012 @ 06:10 AM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Country
    State
    Wisconsin Wisconsin
    Family
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Student
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Though older generations would laugh at how pets are treated as people today(I remember stories of normal everyday people stuffing unwanted litters of puppies/kittens into bags and dropping them into ponds), I think that kindness to animals is a very Germanic trait. To expound on this, we tend to kill animals humanely, return the affections of useful animals like dogs, and avoid killing the more intelligent animals(dolphins, primates, et cetera). Compare to Islam believing dogs are "unclean", Chinese fur farms, and Cameroonians eating gorillas.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocko View Post

so what?

so what? you could catch a disease from it!

Last Online
    Friday, January 25th, 2019 @ 01:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Religion
    My religious ways are odd.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest King View Post
    so what? you could catch a disease from it!
    Yeah and meat from stores has preservatives that probably cause all sorts of issues. Id rather eat a really fresh road kill than the store meat. I never have done it, but i would think its slightly safer.

Anyways as to the thing with the girl and the dog, that's a bit sick. Its one thing to use an animal for science, but to go taking pictures and being weird about it, also the thing someone mentioned about a mouse. There is definitely something wrong with that girl.

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Family
    Single
    Occupation
    Journalist
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zacht View Post
    Yeah and meat from stores has preservatives that probably cause all sorts of issues. Id rather eat a really fresh road kill than the store meat. I never have done it, but i would think its slightly safer.

Anyways as to the thing with the girl and the dog, that's a bit sick. Its one thing to use an animal for science, but to go taking pictures and being weird about it, also the thing someone mentioned about a mouse. There is definitely something wrong with that girl.
    Well... it depends on where you live and the animal involved. I would NEVER touch roadkill from Chicago or any big American city.

Eala Freia Fresena
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Sunday, April 12th, 2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Friese
    Ancestry
    Friesland
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Montana Montana
    Married
    Occupation
    selfemployed
    Politics
    rightwing
    Religion
    none/pagan
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    We have an older idian woman here, she has good rattlesnake recipes.

A good test whether roadkill is still good is the belly test: if you pull on the hair at the belly and it comes out, then forget it.

I surely can recommend Tom Browns survival courses. You learn quite a lot of unusual things. Though he is all for a clean and quick kill and reverence for the dead animal.

Skinning an animal alive is sick. Whether the girl said it for show or not doesn't matter. Just the idea is sick.
    weel nich will dieken dej mot wieken

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 10:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I'm not shocked, I just think it is disgusting and this girl is somewhat mentally disordered - at least a little bit.

I would recommend to act against certain psychological tendencies in her, yet, honestly, if you saw pictures of living higher animals being tortured, f.e. in slaughterhouses or medical experiments, this thing becomes very relative.

I don't like it, I don't think such a behaviour is healthy, but I can think of much worse things too...

Skinning an animal alive is sick. Whether the girl said it for show or not doesn't matter. Just the idea is sick.
    Absolutely agreed, it's a pathological Sadism to torture a higher animal (like mammals in particular) that way, for no good reason and real necessity in particular.

One of the problems I have with such people is, that some of them start with animals, but are not really trustworthy if it is about humans too probably, a lot of Sadists and serial killers started with Sadistic actions on animals by the way...

I can just hope that this nice looking girl don't degenerates into something totally despicable in the future...
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast