Family
    Single adult
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Right now I am drinking coffee made with tap water.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Wednesday, July 11th, 2018 @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjqb View Post
    Right now I am drinking coffee made with tap water.
    Just curious: Who goes out of their way to get a water bottle and coffee grounds, to make coffee? Do the coffee makers who sell bottled beverages use special water supplies to mass produce their merchandise for sale?

Last Online
    6 Hours Ago @ 12:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    In Order- Celtic/Nordic-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Paternal-Irish/Icelandic Maternal- Welsh/German
    Country
    United States United States
    Taurus
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Youth in Crisis
    Religion
    Order of Water&Woodland Fairies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I can honestly say, which will most likely not be believed, I have never drank water that is not from a clean ( regularly tested also) well. Country water through natural aquifers from nature. My parents would not allow us to drink tap. Even when we traveled for the day, mom brought water from home and kept it in a cooler in the car. I kept the same habit when I grew to adult.

I am assuming what is meant by tap, is water in which it has been treated through a system. (?)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ravenseyes For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, July 12th, 2018 @ 04:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    Great Britain, Scandinavia, and broadly Western European
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a2a1a2c (R1B L21)
    Country
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Taurus
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Subsistence Farming
    Politics
    Traditionalism, Distributism
    Religion
    Anglo-Saxon Heathenry
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I collect my drinking water once a month from a mountain spring that has been used by people in the immediate area for generations (it's a fairly remote area and many people don't have access to public utilities). The water flows directly from the hillside through a small pipe. I've been drinking from the same spring, unfiltered, for almost 15 years. I'm not sure if the water is ever tested by the local government or not.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Germanic_Yeoman For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    1 Week Ago @ 06:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Ancestry
    Father: Swedish, Mother Finnish Swede
    Subrace
    Sub-Nordid - Nordid - Baltid mix
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Finland Swede Community Finland Swede Community
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    No specific ideology
    Religion
    Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,035 Posts
    Here shower waters and washing machine/disk machine waters etc. are same way "drinkable" as tap
    waters (being exactly the same quality). Actually too good for purposes...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Finnish Swede For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Sunday, November 18th, 2018 @ 10:27 AM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    8/16 English, 1/16 Scott. English, 3/16 Irish English, 4/16 Irish
    Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nationalist / Eclectic
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenseyes View Post
    I can honestly say, which will most likely not be believed, I have never drank water that is not from a clean ( regularly tested also) well. Country water through natural aquifers from nature. My parents would not allow us to drink tap. Even when we traveled for the day, mom brought water from home and kept it in a cooler in the car. I kept the same habit when I grew to adult.

I am assuming what is meant by tap, is water in which it has been treated through a system. (?)
    Don't you call a tap a faucet in America?

Last Online
    6 Hours Ago @ 12:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    In Order- Celtic/Nordic-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Paternal-Irish/Icelandic Maternal- Welsh/German
    Country
    Taurus
    Family
    In a steady relationship
    Occupation
    Youth in Crisis
    Religion
    Order of Water&Woodland Fairies
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Yes, depending on where one lives. Across the country, words change for the same item.

I looked into this today, as my father who was a physician taught us about his belief of the future poisoning plans of it's citisens. Today, I was in the grocery when I recalled the name of the poison. Atrazine. It is easily found on internet and there is a video about atrazine being used to chemically castrate males and cause sexual confusion in teens and adults alike. It also caused almost instant sexual confusion and worse, in frogs with minor doses less than what is found in treated waters across the world, they grew both sex organs. F***ing sick world.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ravenseyes For This Useful Post:

Last Online
    Thursday, August 30th, 2018 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Flemish
    Subrace
    Don't know
    mtDNA
    R1a
    Country
    Flanders Flanders
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no its full of additives

Senior Administrator "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    German
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Yes. The water in my area flows directly from mountain spring pipelines, without pumps and under the strictest regulations. Studies have shown that it does not present any pesticide residues. In fact it is such good quality it has been constitutionally protected. Tourists are also often impressed with its freshness and taste. The tap water is not only safe but also soft, what makes it taste better than hard water (though this is just personal preference), which although perfectly safe and rich in minerals, can leave dingy looking clothes, dishes with spots and residue, not to mention take a toll on household appliances as well and use up more energy. Hair washed in hard water may feel sticky and dull at times, depending on the degree of hadness. So generally, I'm quite happy with the tap water here.

Water is nowadays my drink of choice, it is a much healthier alternative to fizzy drinks and commercial juices, which have a high sugar content. Soft drinks are often hidden calorie products for this reason, cutting those alone will make a difference if you want to shed some extra pounds. And not only, but a lot of common health issues and grievances can be traced to not drinking enough water. Dehydration can lead to digestive problems, constipation, and an overly acidic stomach. This increases the risk of heartburn and stomach ulcers. A lack of water can also cause blood to become thicker, increasing blood pressure. When dehydrated, airways are restricted by the body in an effort to minimize water loss. This can make asthma and allergies worse. Dehydrated skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and wrinkling. Keeping sufficiently hydrated eliminates or improves most of these issues. Minerals dissolve in water, which makes it possible for them to reach different parts of the body. How much water intake one needs depends on gender, age, size, diet climate/season and lifestyle. Many recommend 2L (8 glasses), however there's no exact science behind that rule. Some fruits and vegetables, certain foods, soft drinks etc. also contribute to one's water intake, for example. One should generally trust their body and drink when they feel thirsty. Some medications, as well as old age can tamper with this natural mechanism though. And there is such thing as overhydration. Forcing oneself to drink excessive amounts of water can lead to the amount of salt and other electrolytes in the body becoming too diluted.

I rarely buy bottled water, since it is essentially tap water in a bottle (sometimes further treated, sometimes not). There are many public water fountains in my area where one can fill up their water bottle for free and most restaurants will provide you with tap water if you ask, many even free of charge. I usually take a small water bottle with me wherever I go, but if I have forgotten to do this and there is no water fountain around, I will buy a small one from a supermarket or stand and refill it later on.

For those who want to stick to water only or do a detox but find the idea/taste too bland, adding some fruit, mint or cucumber slices can provide some flavor to your water. If this type of water is your thing, an infuser can be a good investment.

There are several types of infusers depending on preference, some come with a vertical infuser basket that screws into the top of the bottle, others have a chamber at the bottom of the bottle for the fruit that is then topped with water. Others have integrated juicers, giving you more ways to enhance the flavor power of your water. Fruit-infused water has many health benefits and can easily replace flavored mineral water or sodas.

There are many combinations and recipes one can try. Citruses, watermelon, mango, cantaloupe, kiwis, pomegranates, various types of berries provide a stronger and more lasting flavor. One should prepare it in advance and allow for the water to infuse for at least 2-4 hours (4-6 in the fridge). Leaving it overnight gives the best results in terms of flavor. The fruit-infused water should be drunk within 2-3 days max, the fruit might have to be consumed or removed earlier though. Citrus fruits will remain fresh for longer, while melons are going to get soft and mushy quickly. Fruit-infused ice cubes can also add flavor to your water.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aeternitas For This Useful Post:

Omnia in bonum
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    58 Minutes Ago @ 05:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English and German
    Subrace
    Nordid + CM
    mtDNA
    K1c2
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    Where I live, the tap water is safe to drink, and there is no need to buy bottled water.
    “She could never be a saint, but she thought she could be a martyr if they killed her quick.”
    ― Flannery O'Connor

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast