England England
    State
    Lancashire Lancashire
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Human Origins and the Complication of DNA - 'Ancient Aliens'

I’ve just been watching a program on Sky’s Anytime TV titled “Ancient Aliens”, and towards the end of the program it went something like this, and I was wondering, hopefully something similar hasn’t been overdone on this forum, what you all think:

The human being posses the genome HAR1, not evident in any other animal, scientists believe that the gene plays a crucial role in the advanced development of the human brain – but where did it come from? Did humans develop this distinct gene naturally, through evolution, or did it land here with intention?

Francis Crick believed that human genes could not have evolved by chance, emphasising the complicated nature of DNA, he gave this analogy: “You would be more likely to assemble a fully functioning and flying jumbo jet by passing a hurricane through a junk yard than you would be to assemble the DNA molecule by chance. In any kind of primeval soup in 5 or 600 million years, it’s just not possible.” Crick didn’t feel in that period of roughly 600 million years from the formation of the planet down to the time when the planet could support life that there was enough time for DNA to form ‘by accident’.

Assuming this molecule could not have evolved ‘accidently’, as some people assert, could it have been put her on purpose? If so, why? I would be particularly interesting in hearing religious perspectives on this, from Christians, heathens, whatever else. Would this development be an example of fate, or wyrd? Or, as I think Varg and some others have discussed, are the gods ‘extra terrestrials’? Are ‘extra terrestrials’ actually humans, having came back in time, physically altered over the course of time, to visit our past selves? Are the gods our future selves...? How would that effect creation? Think Rígsţula, for example, if, as this program contemplated, the gods are our future selves, how would Ríg/Heimđallr have fathered his own ancestors, would this be an absolute inconcievable paradox, or not? Any thoughts what so ever on anything related to any of the above would be really interesting to hear.

I have no idea where this should go, so I just put it here! Sorry

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 @ 11:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sachse
    Ancestry
    Von den Siebenbürgern
    Subrace
    Europid, nicht wichtig
    Single adult
    Occupation
    blöde schwere Welt
    Politics
    Individualistisch/Deistisch
    Religion
    Ohne Gott kein Leben
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    look.

I told them here yet that gods came to this earth and manipulated the dna of a hominid form. Then it took many time till the homo sapiens came out.

I knew there were a humanoid alien race here. I occupied a bit with this.

Last Online
    4 Days Ago @ 05:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Dominion of Canada Dominion of Canada
    State
    Ontario Ontario
    Single adult
    Occupation
    photographer
    Politics
    apathy
    Religion
    seflism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is also very possible that DNA travelled through space (on a meterite) from a planet where life was already established. I do not think that we need to get God or Gods into this business. It would in any case, be improper to postulate some inexplicable, supernatural creatures, when a scientific theory has faces difficulties with explanations. Divine intervention is an easy but rather medieval way of resolving scientific problems

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sachse
    Ancestry
    Von den Siebenbürgern
    Subrace
    Europid, nicht wichtig
    Single adult
    Occupation
    blöde schwere Welt
    Politics
    Religion
    Ohne Gott kein Leben
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Look.

What you think is a fiction. I can't see any little truth in it. I read a few pages about what i wrote. If you don't have a feeling that our existence must be derived from other beings than i don't know. Something must be wrong, or there are different roots how the homo sapiens evolved. Evolution after Darwin is to me no point where it's clear why out of hominids the sapiens evolved. Science tries so long to find the missing link, but they will fail i think.

There are plenty pages in the net that describe what i also tend to think about my and mankinds (maybe some not) origin. The bible is a overwritten sort of a faked work, that does not say the truth. To get it it's necessary to get works that existed before the bible was written.

Last Online
    4 Hours Ago @ 09:59 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts
    First of all I am a little sceptical to his statistical reasoning. Sure, it might be improbable, but since we are here the posterior probability of it having happened just here jumps quite a bit.

Second, there is such a clear line of development to be found in the fossile record and in phylogenetic studies (from early bacteria to us) that if there has been any alien involvement in our development it has been through manipulation of pre-existing species and not through any radical new introductions to the fauna.

Thirdly, given what he says this opens up for a spiritual perspective. Imagine a attractive force, a polarity of some sort, in universe to which things strive and converge. You could see it as if nature strives to create a certain organisation, to replicate certain patterns in a fractal sense.

Last Online
    Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 @ 06:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Germany, England, Scotland
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    California California
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Wouldn't it be just as highly improbable that this molecule came to be on some other planet, unless that planet had an even more vast time for it to come about by chance? Furthermore, wouldn't it take many years for it to get here, even at the speed of light? The nearest planet believed to be capable of life is Alpha Prime and its speculated that it would only be bacteria, not anything resembling human developement, or even ants. And on that long journey, wouldn't this asteroid most likely be bombarded by harmful energies like radiation, even if it was deep within an asteroid, without an atmosphere to protect it like ours? Unless it did some type of unusual extra dimensional warp like in a 'Wrinkle in Time'?

I could see Neophytes 'attractive force' idea working. Perhaps this DNA came to be on another planet and 'non local resonance' as theorized by Rupert Sheldrake (heres his homepage http://www.sheldrake.org/homepage.html increased its probability of arising here and on all planets once one planet got it by chance. This would allow it to remain 'extra terrestrial' without having to deal with the problems listed above about space travel, or the problems of it arising here by chance.

Or perhaps gods, being the mysterious cosmic beings that they are, got involved, especially since the Othala rune which stands for inheritance including things like genes and fate not just estates and money, resembles a double helix. This isn't medieval thinking, I think that they and other much more strange beings are out there. The sagas also seem to imply that we are something of a necessity to the gods, perhaps they made the human race to produce heroes who could help them defend order, especially at Ragnarok? Not in a physical form, but as spiritual beings who have transcended human existence, even if they arose from it.

Last Online
    Tuesday, April 21st, 2020 @ 07:54 AM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    State
    Massachusetts Massachusetts
    Family
    Having a longtime compani
    Occupation
    bartender
    Politics
    conservative
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Has anyone here read the Earth Chronicles by Zecharia Zitchin? The book series is quite thought provoking. Now, there is a website entitled "Why Zitchin is Wrong" which refutes his theories, but that's just the opinion of the person who runs the site. Zitchen believes that we are a hybrid of an alien race and the Homo erectus, and that once every thirty-six hundred years or so we get a visit from them. According to him, these were our "gods".
    Has anyone ever speculated that if we are "being visited by humanlike aliens", that we're really being visited by time travelers/our descendants? It seems like I once heard Stephen Hawking say that time travel is theoretically possible. If it is, then we should be getting visits from our descendants. When you consider that every species evolves, it makes sense that we would look quite different thousands or millions of years from now(little greys). According to physicists, space travel would be very time consuming for anyone to do, so it's unlikely extraterrestrials are visiting our planet. In fact, if they were; we would very likely be exterminated or enslaved by them since we would be the less technologically advanced group. You have to consider motives for wanting to travel to other planets: acquiring new territory and resources(minerals, fuel, water, slave labor). Look at our own history of traveling on our own planet. It was very often done for those reasons, so what makes anyone think an extraterrestrial group wouldn't have the same motives?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sachse
    Ancestry
    Von den Siebenbürgern
    Subrace
    Europid, nicht wichtig
    Single adult
    Occupation
    blöde schwere Welt
    Politics
    Religion
    Ohne Gott kein Leben
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yes i heard of his books and read in one. He seems to know more than everyone else. You can see his books as a try to describe our lost ancestry and their knowledge before the bible. And that is one point. We know most from the bible, but Sitchin writes what was before the bible and what is similar to what the bible says.

When i was 3 years i held the finger towards the sky and said i came from there. The human dna got genes that are not found in animals, so they must have been implantated from others.

Last Online
    Friday, January 21st, 2011 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    The Noble Path
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The microcosm is a reflection of the macrocosm. Of course things like this don't happen from pure chance. They happen because there is a larger order of things that binds the universe together. This isn't even a religious perspective, it's basic science. Any physicist can tell you that there are definite systems in this universe that determine how matter acts.

The problem here is too few people acknowledge that biological matter, like all other matter, is bound by the same laws that govern actions and interactions in the rest of the cosmos.
    To practice magic is to be a quack; to know magic is to be a sage. - Eliphas Lévi

Last Online
    Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Anglo-Celtic-Germanic
    Country
    State
    Texas Texas
    legal-finance
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenwulf View Post
    Francis Crick believed that human genes could not have evolved by chance, emphasising the complicated nature of DNA, he gave this analogy:
    Evolutionary biologists the world over are, and always have been, unanimous in their agreement that DNA did not arise "by chance." The theory of evolution does not say they did, and to say otherwise is to display a profound absence of understanding of evolution. The novel aspect that Darwin proposed is natural selection. Selection is the very opposite of chance.

Selection of randomly introduced variation is known to be able to produce complex formations, including functional circuits (Davidson 1997; Thompson 1996) and robots (Lipson and Pollack 2000). Creationists have never proposed a reason to explain why the same processes would not produce the same results in nature.

The principles by which evolution works, including random variation and recombination and natural selection, have proven successful and useful for designing new drugs (Coghlan 1998), for designing better enzymes for detergents (Pollack 2000), and, as genetic algorithms, for many other applications.

Suggested reading: Relics of Eden: The Powerful Evidence of Evolution in Human DNA by Daniel J. Fairbanks, professor of genetics at Brigham Young University.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast