Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Do White Americans Look Different From Europeans?

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Single adult
    Occupation
    scholar
    Politics
    right wing
    Religion
    Yahwist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Why Do White Americans Look Different From Europeans?

Why Do White Americans Look Different From Europeans?

Intermixture of Indian Blood

There are many Americans with an intermixture of Indian blood.

In Virginia, claiming descent from John Rolfe and Pocahontas was long fashionable. Woodrow Wilson's second wife, Edith Galt, was (or claimed to be) such a descendant. Virginia's anti-miscegnation laws applied strict one-drop to blacks and Asians but allowed those with a small percentage of Indian blood to marry whites because real and alleged Pocahontas descendants were so common among Virginia's leading families.

Calvin Coolidge, of all people, once claimed to have Indian blood, but as with Bill Clinton, such claims have not been verified.

Here is a list of mostly non-Indian celebrities that I'm aware of who have some Indian ancestry, or make claims to Indian ancestry, or reportedly have made claims of Indian ancestry in the past:

Elvis Presley, Hunter Tylo, Cameron Diaz, Kim Basinger, Quentin Tarantino, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Biel, Billy Bob Thornton, Cher, Shannon Elizabeth, Anthony Kiedis, Molly Culver, Ava Gardner, Billy Wirth, Carmen Electra, Heather Locklear, Val Kilmer, Noah Hathaway, Johnny Depp, Kathy Lee Gifford, and Chuck Norris. There are many others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Most of these people, of course, claim Cherokee, Choctaw, or some other southern tribe.

Mixed Ethnicity Women: Vanessa Hudgens (Father: Irish/Native American), Anne Hathaway (Mother: Irish, also has German and Native American ancestry):

http://rockthelist.com/2008/10/15/th...-in-the-world/

Are You Part Cherokee?

The list of celebrities who are claimed, either by themselves or by their fans, to have Cherokee blood is quite long. From Ava Gardner to Burt Reynolds to Val Kilmer, from Loretta Lynn to Tina Turner to Tori Amos, from James Earl Jones to Chuck Norris to Johnny Depp. Perhaps the most famous Cherokee is Cher, who admits to having 1/16th Cherokee blood on her mother’s side, which means that one of her great-great-grandparents was Cherokee, although some fan sites list her as much as 1/2 Cherokee, probably resulting from her hit song, Half Breed. Her dark features apparently are inherited from her Armenian father.

http://native.brokenclaw.net/wp/archives/cherokee
    http://native.brokenclaw.net/wp/archives/rumors
    http://native.brokenclaw.net/wp/archives/sam-bradford

Mainstream Hollywood Actors with Native ancestry

http://www.nativecelebs.com/actors8.htm

* A. Martinez. On TV. Well known Latino/native looking actor. (I've heard from two sources that he's 1/2 Blackfeet. Also heard that he got information from his grandmother that he had Blackfeet ancestry when he was cast in an NA part. He's probably not all 1/2 Blackfeet, though). He's joining the cast on General Hospital as Roy DiLucca.
    * Anthony Quinn (Irish father, Mexican Indian mother. In his 1972 autobiography " Original Sin", he describes his Mexican Indian heritage)
    * Ara Celi (Mexican/NA - according to fan)
    * Ava Gardner (Rumored to have Eastern Cherokee roots. She says in her autobiography that she's Scots Irish. No mention of Native American. I got an e-mail from someone who's Tuscarora. He says she's actually Tuscarora/Scots Irish, but that it's an honest mistake if she thought she was Cherokee).
    * Benjamin Bratt (Qechua descent - Peruvian tribe, on his mother's side)
    * Billy Bob Thornton (1/4 Choctaw)
    * Billy Wirth. (Billy says he's Indian on his mother's side of the family from the Iowa/Utah area. Jewish father).
    * Branscombe Richmond. (Part Aleut. Branscombe told me so himself - on the phone)
    * Brian Austin Green from Beverly Hills 90210 (Scottish/Italian/Cherokee/Hungarian/Irish - not Jewish! - According to a TV guide).
    * Brian Van Holt (part Cherokee, according to an interview with Natalie Noel)
    * Burt Reynolds (Tribal affiliation: Cherokee. Accepted by the tribe, as far as I can tell. On Biography about Burt Reynolds recently, it was stated, that even though Burt had played Indians in films before, he is not Indian.).Official site, Profile, Filmography.
    * Cameron Diaz, Profile. Huge moviestar and babe at the moment. Diaz is 1/8 Indian according to rumour. Filmography.
    * Carmen Electra from Baywatch. (Rumored to have Cherokee ancestry). Filmography
    * Cher. Also known as Cherilyn Sarkasian. Singer and actress. (Tribal ancestry: Cherokee. According to her she's 1/16th Cherokee on her mother's side. Her father is Armenian and probably responsible for her dark looks). Profile, Filmography.
    * Chris Douglas (Cherokee and Scottish). page 2. Known primarily as Dylan on One Life To Live. He's off that show and only time will tell what his next major move will be. A Hollywood goodlooking/sensitive actor, more than a typical NA actor - so far!
    * Christopher Judge (Black/Cherokee)
    * Chuck Norris. (Tribal ancestry Cherokee. Unconfirmed. He's looking into it right now - 1997?). On TV, According to his autobiography "The Secrets Of Inner Strength" his father is Cherokee and his mother Irish. (Annie: That information is probably older than the one about him investigating his claim). Chuck Norris, Another Personal Hero, Chuck Norris Page, Filmography [ Both of Chuck Norris's parents are half Cherokee Indian and half Irish: http://www.netglimse.com/celebs/page...is/index.shtml ]
    * Cindy Crawford (Rumored to have native roots in a Rolling Stone feature in 1994, Cindy doesn't confirm or deny it. Got a mail contesting the claim 5-12-98).
    * Clint Walker (1/4 Cherokee?). Starred in western TV series "Cheyenne". TV-Now
    * Clu Gulager (registered Cherokee)
    * Corbin Bernsen. (Cherokee) Son of Jeanne Cooper
    * Della Reese (Cherokee-African American. From a fan May 1st 1999: She was on "The Rosie O' Donnell Show" a few weeks ago and stated that her mother was a full blooded Cherokee.). Plays Tess on "Touched by an Angel"
    * Demi Moore (said PRIVATELY that she has Cherokee heritage)
    * Dennis Weaver (registered Cherokee)
    * Don Johnson. Have absolutely no idea if this is true. Heard said he has Native ancestry
    * Elvis Presley. (Tribal affiliation: Cherokee). Filmography.
    * Fred Ward. Don't know if he's NA. He played Joe Leaphorn in Black Wind. He doesn't look like an Indian as far as I can tell. There are also the rumours that there were no NA actors in that movie. On the other hand, he also played NA in Thunderheart. IMDb has the information he's Scotch-Irish and Cherokee. Filmography
    * Gail Smith (Black/Blackfoot/Narrangansett - according to fan)
    * Graham Greene II (Oneida)
    * Hank Cheyne (Yaqui ancestry, according to himself). Known from Sunset Beach. Chat transcript: <snip>I have a percentage of Yaqui, from my father's side.... I take a lot of pride that I have Native American blood in me. I feel that it grounds me.<snip>
    * Heather Locklear (part Lumbee - recognized by the tribe)
    * Hunter Tylo - aka Deborah Morehart (Tribal Affiliation: Cherokee. According to her IMDb bio she's about 45% on her mother's side. I have no other confirmation on this). Filmography.
    * James Duval. Says a fan: This kid was in ID4. He played the son of the crazy pilot guy who kamikazied into the alien ship to save the planet. Claims one fourth native blood. Seems to play 'mixed up kids' a lot. Cute. Was in an NA movie recently.
    * James Earl Jones (frequently has cited in interviews a mixed Black Irish Cherokee ancestry - this is a common combination in the South)
    * James Garner. Filmography and long bio. (His IMDb bio indicates he's part Cherokee Indian).
    * Jason London. (Tribal affiliation: Cherokee). Jeremy London's twin brother. Filmography.
    * Jeanne Cooper (both parents born on Cherokee reservation. Accepted by FAITA as NA). Soap actress from "The Young and the Restless". Mature woman.
    * Jeremy London, (Tribal affiliation: Cherokee). Known from "Party of Five". Jason London's twin brother. Filmography.
    * Jesse Borrego. (Mexican. Couldn't prove his Apache ancestry. Also some talk he has Aztec ancestry. A fan feels he's probably Chicano Apache from Texas). Starred in Tecumseh, his only NA part.
    * Jessica Alba. (Half Mexican, according to a fan. A Canadian TV magazine over a year ago stated that she had mixed heritage, including native. She particularly said that her grandmother was from Quebecois, where there is a huge presence of native blood mixed with the French Canadians).
    * Jessica Biel (German/French/English/Choctaw, and a lot of others things too, according to a People interview)
    * Johnny Cash. The grand old man of country music. (Tribal ancestry: Cherokee. Unconfirmed). Filmography.
    * Johnny Depp (Cherokee maternal grandfather according to Depp himself). On TV, Profile, Filmography.
    * Jon Leguiziamo (Mayan ancestry. Columbia)
    * Kim Basinger (When she was on the cover of Instyle Magazine March 1998 she mentioned that she's Cherokee, Irish and Swedish blood. IMDb also has the info that her grandmother was part Cherokee Indian). Filmography
    * Link Baker (Scottish, Swedish and Carcross/Tagish First Nations)
    * Lisa Bonet. I don't remember for sure, but think I've read that her father was half Black, half Indian.
    * Lou Diamond Phillips
    * Mario Van Peebles (a fan said he had Cherokee ancestry. I've heard he had some Pacific type ancestry. Any of you have any definite info?).
    * Mitch Longley. Dr. Matt Harmon in "Port Charles"
    * Molly Culver (Choctaw/Chickasaw). Tasha Dexter on the TV series "VIP." She was on "Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher" 031500 and she talked about being Indian: "...my grandmother is full blooded Chickasaw -- Choctaw/Chickasaw -- from Oklahoma."
    * Mykelti Williamson (part Blackfeet)
    * Noah Hathaway (Mohawk). Known from The Neverending Story.
    * Paul Satterfield Jr. (1/4 Cherokee) nephew of Rita Coolidge
    * Quentin Tarantino (Rumored to be 1/2 Cherokee. Unconfirmed). Filmography.
    * Rebecca Gayheart (Italian/Irish/German/Cherokee - according to fan)
    * Richard Dean Anderson (Scottish, Swedish, Norwegian and Mohawk)
    * Robert Beltran , On TV , Official site. (Mexican/American Indian). Filmography
    * Robert Mitchum. (Rumored to have native ancestry) Filmography.
    * Salli Richardson (Black/Tribal affiliation: Cherokee)
    * Sam Eliot (Possible Part Cherokee. Got a mail contesting the claim 5-12-98)
    * Shannon Elizabeth (Syrian/Lebanese/English/French/Cherokee, according to her online bio)
    * Stepfanie Kramer (Eastern Cherokee. She seems to be accepted by FAIE and others as NA). Dee Dee McCall on Hunter. She released her debut album 1999. Filmography.
    * Sydney Penny (half Cherokee?). Soap opera actress.
    * Teri Hatcher (source of rumor unknown. Got a mail contesting the claim 5-12-98).
    * Tommy Lee Jones. Says a fan: I watched an interview with him on Inside the Actor's Studio and he was asked about his "Comanche" heritage. He stated very strongly that he was NOT Comanche but that he had Cherokee ancestory....and that it was "way back". New article
    * Traci Bingham from Baywatch (Rumored to have native ancestry). Filmography.
    * Val Kilmer (possibly as much as 1/4 Cherokee)

Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States

About one-third of White Americans are of between two and twenty percent recent African genetic admixture, as measured by the ancestry-informative markers in their DNA.

Whites' Skin Tone as Function of Admixture

The combination of narrow phenotype variation (skin tone) along with a wide range of inter-population (Afro-European) admixture variation among White Americans shows that a selection process has taken place. Few human populations display such a clear mark of selection. Narrow phenotype variation alone does not necessarily indicate selection. Northern Europeans display little skin tone variation, but they lack a wide range of African admixture. Broad genotype variation alone does not necessarily indicate selection. Puerto Ricans average 50-50 Afro-European admixture, but they also display a wide range of skin tones.

http://backintyme.com/essays/item/5

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Australian
    Ancestry
    England
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    New South Wales New South Wales
    Single adult
    Occupation
    scholar
    Politics
    right wing
    Religion
    Yahwist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hunter Tylo

Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog:

Sunday, March 4, 2007

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2007/03/a...ian-tribe.html

34 comments:

Thursday said...

It is sometimes said that most French-Canadians have some native blood in them. From my own perfunctory observations, I'd have to say this might be true.There was a lot more integration and intermarriage between the natives and the French Canadians, than between them and the British Canadians, who mostly came in after the American revolution. The fur trading French, and the Jesuits who followed them, were generally more friendly and accomodating than land hungry English-speaking farmers.

You might want to take a look yourselves. Here is film director Denys Arcand and here is former Quebec premier Jacques Parizeau.

Steve Sailer said...

Herbert Hoover's Vice-President Charles Curtis was famously part-Indian. In fact, he'd spent several years as a child on an Indian reservation and spoke an Indian language before he spoke English. Winston Churchill claimed to be 1/16th American Indian, although that's been disputed by genealogists. In general, being a little bit American Indian was fashionable even long before the 1960s.

The DNAPrint test has been unreliable for American Indian admixture. It's pretty common that Jews who know positively that all four of their grandparents immigrated from Eastern Europe register as a few percent American Indian. As DNA sequencing gets cheaper, these admixture tests should get more accurate because they'll be able to consider more genes for a given price.

tommy said...

Hunter Tylo would appear to be a good example of why the Dawes Rolls are not a reliable way of determining actual blood among Cherokees. If you believe the Dawes Rolls, Tylo, who you would think was entirely white if you were not informed otherwise, is reportedly nearly half-Indian.

Then again, I should say that I do know an attractive girl who's father is 3/4 Ojibwa (and who looks like he could pass for a full-blood easily) and who's mother is a blond Italian. Her white great-grandfather on her father's side was likely blonde also because, sure enough, she ended up a light-skinned, dirty blonde just like her mother. You can clearly see the resemblance of the father and daughter if you compare photographs but taken alone you would never guess she was nearly half-Indian. Mestizos can sometimes surprise you.

I suppose the reason Mexican mestizos are darker is probably because Mexican and Central American Indians tend to be much darker than those from the eastern and northern US and Canada and because northern Europeans have lighter features than Spaniards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Last Online
    6 Days Ago @ 07:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Mostly German/Some English/Some Irish
    Subrace
    Nordid
    State
    Texas Texas
    Far Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    The article uses celebrities as a way of implying that most Germanic-Americans have mixed blood, a very poor example. This is Hollywood they are talking about here, which has always been a festering ground for promoting multi-culture. I suspect that articles such as this are used as a way of discouraging heritage-minded Germanic-Americans from being so "uppity" about their past and be more accepting of inter-racial relationships.

Once you leave the rarified climate of southern California the number of Germanics with mixed blood drops quite dramatically. Here in Texas I can take you to quite a few German communities where the citizens look no different from people you will find in Germany. There are also Czech and Norwegian communities here as well and I have yet to come across one that resembled Johnny Depp, who is an obvious example of someone who has mixed blood.

Windsor, have you ever been to America yourself? Have you personally met hundreds of thousands of Germanic-American citizens, questioning and gathering sufficient data from each one? Did you uncover enough evidence to justify posting this article? If not then may I ask what is your own opinion about all of this? Do you feel it is truthful or just trying to stir people up?
    I understand that many of our own have strayed through the centuries but certainly not to the point where most Germanic-Americans are of mixed heritage, as this article suggests.

Proffessional Hickerbilly
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    American of German decent
    Ancestry
    Bavaria/Switzerland
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Kentucky Kentucky
    Zodiac Sign
    Libra
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Kunstschmiede
    Politics
    Self-Reliance
    Religion
    Asatru
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts
    Oh boy another thread on mixed blood Americans based on Hollywood and the leftist media point of view.

I am getting real tired of these threads. Really I have been all over this country and I see far less racially mixed people here in the U.S. as I have in other Germanic countries I have been to. That includes England and Australia. I wonder why I see few threads talking about race mixing in those countries?

I will give a example of something about the media and advertising. I have been looking online for a birthday gift for my fiance. She really likes traditional dress and house clothes and other folkish things. Having viewed several dozen German web sites that sell this type of clothing I was shocked to see more than a few showed black or turkish models. Common sense tells me that most of the women that wear this type of clothing are not negroes or turkish. Now did I run and start a thread on that topic, no I viewed it as more pc bull***t and moved on.

Those who wish to buy into this cultural marxism idea crap are almost as bad as the people that take part in it. As they are helping to spread these half truths and lies.
    Life is like a fire hydrant- sometimes you help people put out their fires, but most of the time you just get peed on by every dog in the neighborhood.

Last Online
    Friday, August 30th, 2019 @ 03:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    American of Northern Ancestry
    Ancestry
    Belarus, Lithuania, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Italy, England, France
    Subrace
    Norse-Celt-German-Italic-Amerind
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Maryland Maryland
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    retail cashier
    Politics
    conservative - constitutionalist
    Religion
    Home and Hearth Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    As an American of slightly muddled ancestry, I'll say that the articles cited by Windsor are a bit correct, especially as applied to the demographics in "cosmopolitan" areas.

In smaller towns and rural areas, one is much more likely to encounter folk who are much more culturally and ethnically "pure."

My paternal grandfather's maternal grandmother was, as best I can tell, either a Mohawk child adopted as an infant by French speaking Canadians, or her mother was Mohawk...it is an interesting bit of family history, but I claim no Mohawk traditions as my own.

The community in which I grew up was more a remnant of Anglo-Saxon yeomanry, as modified by the New England industrial culture around it. Town common areas, town meeting form of government, we had a town crier still, each neighborhood had a distinct set of families...

Heck, until the late 1970's there were only 6 black families in a town of 26,000.

My 100% Italian mother caused a furor with her maternal grandparents when she had the gall to bring an Irish boy into their home (eventually, he became my dad).

just a bit of a morning ramble...
    Read Well, Read Widely, Read Wisely;
    For today IS a good day; to DO, to BE, to LIVE...

Stefn Ullarsson Piparskeggr

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Britain, Ulster, Germany, America
    Subrace
    Dalofaelid+Baltid/Borreby
    Y-DNA
    R-Z19
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Country
    State
    Indiana Indiana
    Family
    Married
    Politics
    Anti-Obama
    Religion
    Conservative Protestantism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    Why Do White Americans Look Different From Europeans?
    Well it could be because of mixing among different Europid groups in America that did not occure in the Old World. Such as British NorthAtlantids & Bruenns with German Dinarids & Alpinids.

Intermixture of Indian Blood

There are many Americans with an intermixture of Indian blood.
    For most it is hearsay. I have been trying to confirm it in my own genealogy & have been unable to. The one Indian I could confirm is 350 years & 14 generations removed from me. It is something that is hard to prove one way or the other. Records just don't exist & genetic testing isn't very useful, 23andme seems to be the test for those who are looking for 100% "purity" as racially European, other companies looking at the same data will find significantly non-Europid ancestry. Some companies have been known to detect significant Amerindian in Europeans who ancestors never set foot in the New World & among Ashkenazi Jews.

In Virginia, claiming descent from John Rolfe and Pocahontas was long fashionable. Woodrow Wilson's second wife, Edith Galt, was (or claimed to be) such a descendant. Virginia's anti-miscegnation laws applied strict one-drop to blacks and Asians but allowed those with a small percentage of Indian blood to marry whites because real and alleged Pocahontas descendants were so common among Virginia's leading families.

Calvin Coolidge, of all people, once claimed to have Indian blood, but as with Bill Clinton, such claims have not been verified.
    This is an example of very upperclass people claiming descent from American Indian royalty.

Life in early America, and for generations afterwards on the frontier, was rough & the conditions very likely caused a recombination, or resurgence, of Paleo-European genetic traits that made survival more likely. Take a look at these 'suspicious' Europeans:

Gary McKinnon

Darren O'Dea

Bjork

Thomas Darcy McGee

Catherine Zeta-Jones

I could go on & on. If any of the above persons were Americans most people would see the "obvious" Amerindian in their taxonomy. But it is extremely unlikely any of them have New World Indian ancestry.

I think some of the more 'exotic' traits in the British Isles show up among the Celts & the Celts (Welsh, Scots & Ulster Scots, and to a lesser extend the Gaelic Irish) were a significant part of the makeup of the original settlers in the US.

The US is at a more southern latitude them most of Europe. So we get more sun & tan (naturally) from it. So Paleo-European traits + tanning from more sun exposure = American Indian.

* A. Martinez. On TV. Well known Latino/native looking actor. (I've heard from two sources that he's 1/2 Blackfeet. Also heard that he got information from his grandmother that he had Blackfeet ancestry when he was cast in an NA part. He's probably not all 1/2 Blackfeet, though). He's joining the cast on General Hospital as Roy DiLucca.
    * Anthony Quinn (Irish father, Mexican Indian mother. In his 1972 autobiography " Original Sin", he describes his Mexican Indian heritage)
    Why are you citing Hispanics as prove that White Americans are part Amerindian. Only the idiots at the Census Bureau consider them White.
    * Benjamin Bratt (Qechua descent - Peruvian tribe, on his mother's side)
    HE IS 1/2 PERUVIAN! Why is he being held up as an example? Thandie Newton is 1/2 Bantu, should she be held up as the typical Englishwoman?

Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States

About one-third of White Americans are of between two and twenty percent recent African genetic admixture, as measured by the ancestry-informative markers in their DNA.
    You should be permabanned for this slander! This misinformation completely ignore the reality of the colorline that existed in the US until the late 60s. People like Barack Obama were very rare until the 80s, I would bet the majority of biracial (White parent-Negro parent) persons in America are under 10.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 21st, 2019 @ 06:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Ancestry
    3/4 German & Colonial American
    Subrace
    Nordid/Alpinid
    mtDNA
    H1
    Country
    Occupied
    Politics
    Pro-White
    Religion
    Basically Kinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    White Americans do not look different than Europeans, and Angelina Jolie is not part Indian. Her father, John Voigt, admitted to lying about being part Indian in the 70s because it was the hip thing to do. If someone has a non-white admixture and looks it, they aren't white, so this article is wrong for calling them white.

Last Online
    Tuesday, September 6th, 2011 @ 09:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German, English
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    Baden Baden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why Do White Americans Look Different From Europeans? Admitted that I have only been to some Midwestern Staates (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois) jet the answer is: they don't! Now it can be seen that some are mixed Europid, but there weren't any signs of "many Americans with an intermixture of Indian blood" or "Afro-European Genetic Admixture". I think the person who wrote the article forget basic US history and how mixing was treated back then.

Last Online
    Saturday, September 21st, 2019 @ 06:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German & Colonial American
    Ancestry
    3/4 German & Colonial American
    Subrace
    Nordid/Alpinid
    mtDNA
    H1
    Country
    Occupied
    Politics
    Pro-White
    Religion
    Basically Kinist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Æmeric View Post
    The US is at a more southern latitude them most of Europe. So we get more sun & tan (naturally) from it. So Paleo-European traits + tanning from more sun exposure = American Indian.
    Some people seem to be confused by this. As a kid, I played outdoors a LOT, and I had some people approach me and ask if I was part Indian or Mexican. That was back in the days before my mother forced me to put on more sunscreen, so by the late summer, I would have quite a dark tan.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I'd say about 70% of Americans who've talked about their ancestry in online threads and in real life have claimed to be part native American. They may be lying or they may be telling the truth, but without question more than half claim non-white heritage.

Silvid ancestry obviously explain why some white Americans deviate from European types in this direction:

As far as I know, Clint Black doesn't claim Native American heritage, but it's obviously there.

I don't think Americans are as mixed with their natives as Canadians or New Zealanders, though. They're possibly about equal to South Africans in terms of admixture. The only colonial European population I've never heard of being notably mixed with its natives are the Australians. I'm not sure how common claiming aborigine ancestry is in Australia, but I've never heard of it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast