None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
    That being said I can think of one good aspect of Europe becoming Christian…it helped us to solidify our culture to stand to global threats such as the Muslims during the middle ages.
    Didn't help much, Spain was taken over.

Hundhedensk "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    @
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Håløyg
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Y-DNA
    I2b1
    mtDNA
    J2a1a1b
    Country
    Norway Norway
    State
    South Trondelag South Trondelag
    Zodiac Sign
    Pisces
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Autumn View Post
    Didn't help much, Spain was taken over.
    And we took it back. Much more of Europe would have been colonized if not christian armies would have resisted. Our heathen forefathers fought amongst themself, only on very rare occasions did they ally to fight against a common enemy. If it would have not been for the christians, we would know little abour the heathen past.

"Mythologies like the Greek and the Norse didnt have any purity of faith that one could defend, there was nothing wrong to include general myth that came from other times or different religions. Many esearchers conclude that the great Greek poet Homer to a certain degree created a system of order in the vast Greek myths. And for the Norse myths, it's likely that noone tried before Snorre (which was a christian) if you dont count the skald who wrote the edda poem Volsupå (made most likely around year 1000)."

Vera Henriksen - verdenstreet: Menensker og makter i Odins tid

Last Online
    Monday, February 28th, 2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    French, Zeelandic, Dutch.
    Subrace
    CeltoGermanic
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    None
    Religion
    Racial occultism
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hersir View Post
    And we took it back. Much more of Europe would have been colonized if not christian armies would have resisted. Our heathen forefathers fought amongst themself, only on very rare occasions did they ally to fight against a common enemy. If it would have not been for the christians, we would know little abour the heathen past.

"Mythologies like the Greek and the Norse didnt have any purity of faith that one could defend, there was nothing wrong to include general myth that came from other times or different religions. Many esearchers conclude that the great Greek poet Homer to a certain degree created a system of order in the vast Greek myths. And for the Norse myths, it's likely that noone tried before Snorre (which was a christian) if you dont count the skald who wrote the edda poem Volsupå (made most likely around year 1000)."

Vera Henriksen - verdenstreet: Menensker og makter i Odins tid
    The only reason why Europe won is because christianity had not made us weak enough yet, if the muzzies had waited longer untill the dark ages then they would have won.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 10:50 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Autumn View Post
    The only reason why Europe won is because christianity had not made us weak enough yet, if the muzzies had waited longer untill the dark ages then they would have won.

Wrong.If that is true,then why didnt they attack during the Dark Ages.I mean
    they where right on the other side of the Straight of Gibralter?

Charles Martel,or Charles the Hammer,united the Christian forces and gave
    the Muslim scum an epic beat down and after that they did not want anything
    else to do with Europe until now.And you know why that is?The reason is we
    are divided and vulnerable.

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 08:04 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWolf
    Wrong.If that is true,then why didnt they attack during the Dark Ages.I mean they where right on the other side of the Straight of Gibralter?

Charles Martel,or Charles the Hammer,united the Christian forces and gave the Muslim scum an epic beat down
    Not quite true. They already had conquered the Iberian pensinsula, and they were only pushed back out of Narbonesse Gaul (France). Muslim rule on the Iberian peninsula only ceased in the 13th century.

and after that they did not want anything else to do with Europe until now.And you know why that is?The reason is we
    are divided and vulnerable.
    They didnt have interest to spread Islam in the early years (7th-11th c), as Islam was viewed as religion and system for Arabs only. So there in general was no need to conquer non-Arab areas. Second, the Islamic world was a bit ridden by internal disputes over political things, so they were busy with themselves. Nonetheless they expanded their territory into Asia Minor, Central Asia and North Africa.

Third, the Ottoman Empire attacked Europe every now and then:
    # 1 Rise (1299–1453) (strike against the weakened Byzantine Empire in 1356/58 and successful conquest of Byzantine (Turkey) entry into Europe)
    # 2 Growth (1453–1683)
    * 2.1 Albanian Resistance
    * 2.2 Bosnian Resistance
    * 2.3 Croatian Resistance
    * 2.4 Occupation of Hungary
    * 2.5 Serbian Resistance
    * 2.6 1463–1503: Wars with Venice
    * 2.7 1462–1483: Wallachian and Moldavian campaigns
    * 2.8 1526–1566: Attack on Habsburg Empire
    * 2.9 1522–1573: Rhodes, Malta and the Holy League
    * 2.10 1593–1669: Austria,Venice and Wallachia
    * 2.11 1620-1621: Poland
    * 2.12 1657–1683 Conclusion of Wars with Habsburgs
    * 2.13 1672–1676: Poland
    * 2.14 1683–1699: Great Turkish War – Loss of Hungary and the Morea

Source
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 09:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Neophyte

Neophyte,
    I think that your not taking into account the amount of emphasis that Christians put upon virginity, family values and adultery compared to Pagans. If I'm not mistaken, the ancient Roman empire had a large brothel problem. After work everyday the average working man in Rome would go to one for relaxation, then come home to his wife and kids. I do not think family values were practiced to such a high level before Christianity.

I've read many poems, during Christian Europe, about a thousand years old that really emphasize the importance of being a Virgin- in relating Marian Devotion to themselves- something that was missing before Christianity in literature. The Virgin Mary was a role model to all women for family values.

In fact, I remember one case in mythology when a woman was taken by a dragon and carried across a river. When Christianity came to England, the poem changed to emphasize that the woman was a Virgin and pure- A new role model for all women in England. She was buried in Scotland (allegedly) and an entire town really cherished her virginity and moral values. People from all around would come to look at the grave and tell the story.

I am certain that the above would only have positive affects on our society on; family values, genetics (people only want one partner leading to higher level of natural selection) and morality.

Considering that 80% of poems around the time (700-1400) are heavily centered by Christianity- it had a great influence.

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by velvet View Post
    Not quite true. They already had conquered the Iberian pensinsula, and they were only pushed back out of Narbonesse Gaul (France). Muslim rule on the Iberian peninsula only ceased in the 13th century.

Actually Al-Andalus,or also known as "Muslim Spain" ceased to exsist in January 2, 1492. Emir Muhammad XII surrendered the Emirate of Granada to Queen Isabella I of Castile, who along with her husband King Ferdinand II of Aragon were Los Reyes Católicos, or "The Catholic Monarchs". The surrender concluded al-Andalus as a political entity.

I will admit that Muslim Spain had been in a steady decline in Spain since
    around 1236 A.D..

They didnt have interest to spread Islam in the early years (7th-11th c), as Islam was viewed as religion and system for Arabs only. So there in general was no need to conquer non-Arab areas. Second, the Islamic world was a bit ridden by internal disputes over political things, so they were busy with themselves. Nonetheless they expanded their territory into Asia Minor, Central Asia and North Africa.

They didnt have an intrest to spread Islam in the early years?
    Then can you tell me what their intrests where in Europe,North Africa,Egypt,
    Palestine,Israel and so forth.I may be wrong,but this sounds like a very
    aggresive expansion campaign to me!

Also,if they where not out to spread Islam,than why do we find people who
    worship Islam in all of the above said countries?

Ever heard of a little place in North Africa by the name of Timbuktu?
    This city was taken from the native Ghana and turned into a city of
    learning by the Muslims.

During the twelfth century, the remnants of the Ghana Empire were invaded by the Sosso Empire king Soumaoro Kanté. Muslim scholars from Walata (beginning to replace Aoudaghost as trade route terminus) fled to Timbuktu and solidified the position of the Islam. Timbuktu had become a center of Islamic learning, with its Sankore University and 180 Quranic schools. In 1324 Timbuktu was peacefully annexed by king Musa I, returning from his pilgrimage to Mecca. The city now part of the Mali Empire, king Musa I ordered the construction of a royal palace and, together with his following of hundreds of Muslim scholars, built the learning center of Djingarey Ber in 1327.

By 1375, Timbuktu appeared in the Catalan Atlas, showing that it was, by then, a commercial center linked to the North-African cities and had caught Europe's eye.

I think Muslims where out to seed the world with their shitty religion and
    is on the verge of doing it again in both our worlds.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 29th, 2019 @ 11:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Subrace
    Nordic + some Atlantid
    Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade View Post
    Neophyte,
    I think that your not taking into account the amount of emphasis that Christians put upon virginity, family values and adultery compared to Pagans. If I'm not mistaken, the ancient Roman empire had a large brothel problem. After work everyday the average working man in Rome would go to one for relaxation, then come home to his wife and kids. I do not think family values were practiced to such a high level before Christianity.
    Didn't they tell you about pope John XII in Sunday school.

But again the talk of family values... Seriously, if you want to read about family values read the Norse sagas, or Tacitus' Germanica. They are more or less about the importance of family. Those folks took kinship seriously.

I've read many poems, during Christian Europe, about a thousand years old that really emphasize the importance of being a Virgin- in relating Marian Devotion to themselves- something that was missing before Christianity in literature. The Virgin Mary was a role model to all women for family values.
    Virgin worship my ass. In rural Scandinavia few girls were virgins when they married, most were actually already pregnant since few couples would committ to marriage without knowing whether they could conceive or not. Actually few couples ever married but lived instead as what we today would call common law spouses. If they said that they were a couple, that was good enough for the law. "Compulsory" marriage is something that belongs to the neomoralistic 19th century.

If you want to see vigin worship in practice you should go to the Arabs, they are big on that.

Last Online
    10 Hours Ago @ 08:04 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Northern Germany
    Subrace
    Faelid
    Country
    Germany Germany
    State
    North Rhine-Westphalia North Rhine-Westphalia
    Zodiac Sign
    Sagittarius
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Pestilent Supremacy
    Politics
    Blut und Boden
    Religion
    Fimbulwinter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Also,if they where not out to spread Islam,than why do we find people who worship Islam in all of the above said countries?
    That is why I added the time frame to that sentence , in the early years, starting after the death of Mohammed (midst 7th c), the forming of the aristocratic elite and the caliphate and their internal struggles how to structure this in accordance with the Qu'ran, which ended somewhen in the 11th century. From then on, indeed they started to spread their religion and accepted non-Arab converts, before that, non-Arabs were tax payers for the Muslim Arab leading elite of conquered areas, which, as you pointed out, first were quite limited to Arabian/ North African areas and Asia Minor to Central Asia.

Though I find it important to point out this shift of conduct. It's not that other Empires hadnt done the same, they conquered areas to expand their sphere of influence. Pagan Rome did not impose Roman culture on the conquered areas, christian Rome did. In the beginning, Islam conquest did likewise not mean imposition of their culture and religion, this changed only with the Ottoman Empire and coincides with the end of their so-called Golden Age.

One interesting aspect of this would be to find out the reason why that shift happened. Probably a topic for another thread though, because this shift of conduct also affected christianity, not only Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade
    Probably it should be pointed out that Rome was Rome and not Germanic lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade
    And the "virgin" Mary is a translation error. The term simply meant "young woman" and had originally no sexual implication whatsoever. It did not even refer to unmarried women only, it was simply age. Though, to a certain degree, children have always been viewed as somewhat "innocent", ie they did not know the world or life, havent seen the evils yet and so on and insofar, were "untainted".

The connection of this to the overemphasization of "morality" and idolization of virginity is, also in christian terms, a relatively late development and certainly not christian in origin. More likely is that it was a (probably Germanic) counterreaction to Roman excessive decadence (not at all limited to wild sex), which was not least upheld through the "Roman" (Semitic-christian) people, priests and popes. To this day rumours are strong that the Vatican keeps a private 'army' of prostitutes. The thousands of children resulting from relations of priests to their housekeeper ladies arent really a secret anyway.
    Ein Leben ist nichts, deine Sprosse sind alles
    Aller Sturm nimmt nichts, weil dein Wurzelgriff zu stark ist
    und endet meine Frist, weiss ich dass du noch da bist
    Gefürchtet von der Zeit, mein Baum, mein Stamm in Ewigkeit

my signature

Funding Member
    "Friend of Germanics"
    Skadi Funding Member

Last Online
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade View Post
    Neophyte,

Family Values? Christians are some of the biggest hippocrites I have ever seen.They think they can do whatever they want and then go to church on
    Sunday and God will forgive them.They cheat,steal,lie and you name it.
    Don't get me wrong,not all do this but the majority do.

The ancient Germanics,from what I have read,placed family values at the top
    of the list and I bet they did a better job of it than most of the so called
    Christians do today.

When somebody does something wrong that tarnishes the reputation of
    your folk or effects the welfare of the tribe,it should be left to the folk
    to pass judgement on the perpatrator.Not some imaginary being.