Thread: 'Anti-Cosmic Chaos Gnosticism', Etc.

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Switzerland, England, Ukraine, ...
    Subrace
    Unsure
    Country
    United States United States
    with my soulmate
    Occupation
    a nice guy
    Politics
    ethnic national-anarchism
    Religion
    pagan science
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'Anti-Cosmic Chaos Gnosticism', Etc.

For those of you familiar with this 'anti-cosmic chaos gnosticism', what are your thoughts? What role will it's followers have in the world play, and what role have they played in world history? What are the consequences of a large number of people adhering to these ideas? How does it compare to other esoteric Satanic beliefs, including Kabbalism? What happens when people support the 'dragon' of mythos (Tiamat, Typhon, etc.) instead of the hero (Marduk, Zeus) etc.?

'Chaosophy' by Temple of the Black Light

Edit: I am NOT in support of these ideas as they are incredibly self-destructive.
    Last edited by Freyr Filosofer; Saturday, July 31st, 2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: clarifications, broken link

Last Online
    Monday, August 1st, 2011 @ 06:32 PM
    Status
    Prolonged Absence
    Ethnicity
    jysk
    Ancestry
    Norse Gemanic/jutlander
    Country
    Denmark Denmark
    State
    Jutland Jutland
    Single Farther
    Occupation
    Artist
    Religion
    Baphomethean Heathendom
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I am not much for the "teachings" of Temple of the black light. They have merely touched the surface of these disciplines, yet they teach them as complete systems. Also, this form of pseudo-post modern satanism I find most
    laughable, as they reject somethings very fundamental and on the other hand cling on to certain things which seem ambivalent.

There is a lot of these groups popping up these days, as they seem to for fill a certain spiritual void this culture has left us with. The big problem with these groups is that they cover things up, making them more digestible and often presenting them in a very contemporary fashion.

This "temple" focuses a lot on the darker side, as its attraction is great amongst the youths of today, but in mere fact, it only offers astray from the truths found in gnostic philosophical teachings. As the individuals experience of the spiritual is forced into a certain perception, thus altering the true aims of the gnostic path.

A lot of these groups will rise in popularity, but certainly all will fall again, as this sort of thing will go out of fashion. In the case of TOTBL, which is obviously a very young and experienced group; like many others: They will find that they have to broaden, expand and develop there philosophies and practices. If not they will simply self-implode as there members will individually grow beyond the level of spiritual knowledge which they posses.

There is no great danger to this sort of pseudo-occult thing, and for a healthy mind in a healthy body, I think it is actually a good thing as this could indeed be the first step upon the path to finding ones true spirituality.

But for the weaker souls, I would think this is very self destructive... but thats the whole beauty of the occult... its like spiritual Darwinism

Last Online
    Saturday, December 25th, 2010 @ 04:27 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian/Anglo-Saxon
    Ancestry
    Norway/Sweden/Wales/other Germanic
    Subrace
    Don't know
    Country
    State
    Washington Washington
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Veteran/Student
    Politics
    Independent (not the party)
    Religion
    Fledgling Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ha! Spiritual Darwinism, I like that. Of course, I've also heard theological Darwinism used as reason for everyone to convert to Christianity or Islam... why worship a pantheon that was ultimately defeated?

Anyway, back on subject, if you meddle with things you don't understand, then you accept the consequences. It's like a metaphysical EULA.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
    --Robert A. Heinlein

Last Online
    Monday, July 18th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
    Country
    State
    Illinois Illinois
    Single adult
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Politics
    Pragmatic Pluralist
    Religion
    Christian Deist, Lutheran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Chaos & Gnosticism

Having trained in Metaphysics at University, my original thesis still stands. It's all about the tale of "Plato's Cave" and neophytes stumbling around in the "Dark". Such is why Rationality and Science was developed and has come to the fore.

"To look backwards, is to return to Proto-history". The human mind has evolved and can never return to it's recent past.

Last Online
    Friday, January 21st, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    Western
    In a steady relationship
    Politics
    Radical Traditionalist
    Religion
    The Noble Path
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The problem, in my view, with a lot of belief systems and philosophies associated with the Chaos idea and the attainment of Gnosis believe you can have one thing without the other.

Being of a very much tantric mind, I view the Cosmos as the ultimate reflection of Chaos. An illusion, if you will...A simplistic rendering of a greater and deeper truth. Being what we are, in order to grasp the macrocosm we must first overcome the microcosm, and in order to do that we must master it.

The point isn't to adopt the Neoplatonic embracing of the material universe as the ultimate manifestation of Divinity, nor should we embrace the Gnostic Christian view of the material universe as inherently evil. Rather, it works along the lines of the Lesser and Greater Mystery traditions. Mastery of the Lesser mysteries is not inferior to mastery of the Greater mysteries but necessary for it.

Úlfhéðinn
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 01:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Ancestry
    Norway
    Subrace
    Nordid
    Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyr Filosofer View Post
    For those of you familiar with this 'anti-cosmic chaos gnosticism', what are your thoughts? What role will it's followers have in the world play, and what role have they played in world history? What are the consequences of a large number of people adhering to these ideas? How does it compare to other esoteric Satanic beliefs, including Kabbalism? What happens when people support the 'dragon' of mythos (Tiamat, Typhon, etc.) instead of the hero (Marduk, Zeus) etc.?

'Chaosophy' by Temple of the Black Light

Edit: I am NOT in support of these ideas as they are incredibly self-destructive.
    I agree with Heksemester's opinion that "They have merely touched the surface of these disciplines, yet they teach them as complete systems."
    Look at some of the individuals that "study and practice" the more darker side of Nordic spirtuality within the 218 current; they regard Odin/Wotan as the demiurge. I think it is more complicated then that to just call him a demiurge although he, along with his brothers killed Ymer, the primeval giant in order to create the universe or cosmos for that matter. If one studies the nordic myths, you will quickly find out that Odin more then once turns towards the giants/Chaos forces in order to gain Gnosis. So from that point of view he is not all-knowing or the All-Father. And the Nordic spiritual path is both light and dark and cannot be viewed along the same lines as christianity and their dualistic ways.

I am not implying that they are wrong (it is interesting what their view is on these subjects) but they leave things out (to appear darker or satanic?) that are essential in the long run.
    Some of the members of the order I know/have known on a personal level and I must say that they are totally convicted to their cause but with a certain knowledge concerning occult matters one can easily see through certain things. Maybe it is fair to say that brainwashing is a part of their doctrine. So far for the individualistic side of Satanism. Maybe that is the downside of being a member of an order; one is a part of group and room for personal opinion soon will fade as hierarchy becomes a part of the internal structure. And many people "adore" their ideas so they will do anything to become a part of their social structure eventhough they are not even a neophyte. In the end it becomes all a big joke.

If you want to read some good books on gnostic religion these 3 books are maybe interesting for you to obtain and study:
    -The Secret Books of the Egyptian Gnostics
    -The Gnostic Religion
    -The Gnostics
    Odi Profanum Vulgus Et Arceo

Last Online
    Friday, August 24th, 2012 @ 05:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Country
    European Union European Union
    Go with the Tao
    Religion
    Gnostic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, maybe this post would appear a bit off-topic, but I believe that its contents would could be a little contribution to these individuals, which are not familiar with the term Gnosis itself, therefore I'd like to share these links:

http://gnosticteachings.org/ - It's a highly recommended collection of articles and techniques which are all in a way related to Gnosis

http://gnosticteachings.org/the-teachings-of-gnosis/introductory-information/12-what-is-gnosis.html Here's an article with all introductory information

Regarding the topic itself, well, I think that working in such orders like the Temple or others actually can bring you to some form of Gnosis, but I think that it lacks the method of universal verification, as it always works with this form of anti-cosmic paradigm. Actually you don't need a paradigm, relink with your being, your true inner nature (re-ligare : religion!), and your consciousness will teach you.