I was looking for references regarding Afrikaans films shown in Germany/Netherlands etc. from the Apartheid era when I found this first quote about South African cenima history. After reading RoyBatty's post on the media and its importance, I found this relative and I believe it is a prime example of what happens if a jew is given the space to practice his black cabalistic monetary arts and social meddling...

Isidore W Schlesinger bought both Empire Theatres and Africa's Amalgamated Theatres and several other companies and thereby formed the African Theatres Trust Ltd on 10 April 1913. He also formed African Films Trust, a film importing and distributing agency.

On 5 May 1913 South Africa's first newsreel, African Mirror, was screened.

Schlesinger established African Film Productions Ltd; Africa's first motion picture studio in the Johannesburg suburb of Killarney. One of its earliest productions was De Voortrekkers (1916). Between 1916 and 1922 African Film Productions made forty-three films.

Sam Wood's Under the Lash, starring Gloria Swanson, was the first anti-South African film to be screened.

H. de Vere Stacpoole's The Blue Lagoon was produced and distributed by AFP.

The first trailers (advertisements for forthcoming screenings) started to appear.

In August 1930 the first sound film of Black traditional life, In the Land of the Zulus was screened. It was produced by African Film Productions.

The Capitol Theatre in Pretoria opened. At the gala opening South Africa's first sound films - Joseph Albrecht's Sarie Marais and Moedertjie - were screened.

Afrikaans nationalism was emerging as a force, and Sarie Marais portrayed the English/British cultural and economic imperialism negatively (the desire to spread the British language, culture and influence even where they were unwelcome).

Schlesinger merged his interests with that of Kinemas, which led to the establishment of African Consolidated Films and theatres under the AFP (African Film Productions) banner.

The National Censorship Act of 1931 was passed by Parliament, followed by the Entertainment Act, which demanded that all cinematic material be cleared before exhibition.

Source
Another source:

Born in Bowery, New York, U.S.A., 15.9.1871 and died in Johannesburg, 11.3.1949, Schlesinger was a financier and pioneer of the South African entertainment industry. He was the second son of the family of ten of Abraham Schlesinger, a Hungarian-Jewish immigrant. The European branch of the family owned a saw-mill in the Patra mountains on the border of the present Czechoslovakia. Since the mill could not provide a livelihood for the whole family, two brothers, Abraham and Moritz, emigrated to America and started their career by splitting wood, Abraham later going into the cigar business and then opening a bank. Schlesinger grew up on the outskirts of the Bowery, the East Side district of New York, helping, as a boy, to supplement the family income by peddling hair-clips and selling newspapers. By the age of eighteen he was a commission and insurance agent. Having read about the Witwatersrand gold discoveries, he took ship to South Africa in 1894, joining the Equitable Insurance Company (an American concern) in Johannesburg, and becoming a highly successful insurance salesman. Within less than two years Schlesinger rose from a state of abject poverty to affluence, earning more than £1 000 a month commission by tirelessly travelling the length and breadth of the country selling policies, and in this way acquiring an extensive knowledge of South Africa

Source
I almost fell over backwards when I read this referenced article:

Nobody had told young Isidore W. Schlesinger, when he ran away from his New York home at the age of 18, that there were no cannibals in South Africa, so he had to become a businessman. In 40 years he acquired all the theatres, cinemas, broadcasting facilities in South Africa and a large share of its minerals, shipping, banks, timber, fruit, insurance, transportation and real estate. Last week he edged his way into the world's most famed monopoly: Diamonds.

Last week Depression forced De Beers Consolidated Mines, Ltd., to close its diamond mines. Chief unit of the South African diamond syndicate, De Beers closed with the understanding that other mines would follow. But a favourite child of South Africa's government is its diamond-cutting factory at Kimberley. On the heels of the first announcement came news that the government had contracted with I. W. Schlesinger to operate this factory and other smaller ones. Price charged by I. W. Schlesinger was permission to work diamonds in his extensive holdings in Namaqualand. Before the syndicate was the prospect of direct competition which would defeat its efforts to keep the diamond prices up, might force it into a price-cutting war that would permit many an O'Grady to buy a stickpin and look like a cinemagnate.
About 50 years ago one Abraham Schlesinger, importing & exporting merchant, started a private banking firm on Manhattan's lower East Side. The firm was called A. Schlesinger & Son. Son was named Samuel. Unnamed in the firm was Son Isidore, then in short pants. When Isidore grew into long pants and had a few dollars in their pockets he bought a steerage ticket for England and slipped away to look for cannibals. Eventually he reached Johannesburg, spent several years grubbing for his board & bed. Finally he hit upon the bright idea of selling land on the instalment plan, formed African Realty Trust, Ltd., sold suburban sites which later became parts of cities. To get the sites occupied he imported portable houses, opened a mortgage & loan office. To get his tenants to their homes he started a bus line. That paid too. Everything paid. He bought more land, planted it with fruits, sold it, collected from the fruit profits. He opened banks, bought ships, went into every branch of business that looked profitable. He bought theatres, organized his own companies to play in them, now has a monopoly of the amusement facilities of South Africa.
A. Schlesinger & Son are both dead. The Manhattan firm of A. Schlesinger & Sons is owned by South Africa's Isidore W. and his New York brother Max A. It operates exclusively as U. S. financial agent of the Schlesinger interests. Both Schlesingers like to be called by their initials. Brother M. A., 48, is short, stocky, black-haired, sits in an office in an old building near Times Square. Brother I. W., 58, is short, stocky, grey-haired, dashes about South Africa and Europe in pursuit of more business. Neither brother, enriched by films, ever had a photograph taken in the U. S. Brother M. A. thinks the diamond business may change all that

Time Magazine/CNN article
I also think it applicable with regards to the Volkstaat question and how much jews have at "stake" here...