State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Classify My Great Grandfather Keen/Kuehn

He had auburn hair, blue eyes, was a rather spindly fellow. For his side profile he has a projecting occiput, and is dolichocephalic. I'll post this pic when I get it from my ma'.

His paternal lineage came out of Baden-Württemberg, Germany some of his folks came from Kuchen and Kraichgau, other ancestors came from Hammelbach, Affolterbach.

He is 18.75% German Prussian.

Some of his deeper German folks came out of the Rhineland.

He has 1/16th (6.25%) Colonial British ancestry.

There was claim that he had some French ancestry, but I have not found it in my research. With the current figures he comes out about 93.75% German, 6.25% British/English.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Funding Membership Inactive
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    No opinions? Shucks. I'm curious which of his ancestries shows more physically. I have old photos of some of his male ancestors in his paternal line and they are more "dwarf" like in terms of ruggedness and beard growth, he takes after the more thinly built females in his family.

Last Online
    Monday, August 13th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    English
    Country
    England England
    Nationalist
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not very good or experienced at classifying but I'll take a stab at it and say East-Nordid.

Looks to be some variety of nordid with a CM element anyway.

Last Online
    Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 @ 06:58 AM
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ancestry
    British Isles/Germany/Sweden/Netherlands
    Subrace
    Trønder
    Family
    Married
    Occupation
    Student
    Politics
    Right
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I would say that your great grandfather is without a doubt, predominately Nordid with a slight Dalofaelid/CM influence. Hopefully, some other more experienced classifiers will also have some input, but I think my classification is fairly close.

Progressive Collectivist
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Monday, January 31st, 2011 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Progressive Collectivist
    Religion
    Catholic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    He is indeed without a doubt pred. Nordid.

Can't say much else, probably other pictures help, his forehead seems to be somewhat too high and wide for a fully typical Nordid, but even that is debatable.

Progressive and leptomorphic pred. Nordid type for sure.
    Magna Europa est patria nostra
    STOP GATS! STOP LIBERALISM!

Account Inactive

Last Online
    Monday, May 9th, 2016 @ 04:50 AM
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    German (7/16), Norvegian from Telemark (1/4), Irish (1/8), French (1/8), Flemish? (1/16)
    Subrace
    Alpine/Nordish/Faelid
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Minnesota Minnesota
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    German supremacist
    Religion
    Holy Bible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm no expert, but as an educated guess I would say he is a Nordid with possibly some Anglo Saxon influence. So far, I agree with the consenses that he is mostly Nordid, but I also think he could be a member of the Anglo Saxon type as well. The head height, narrow nose, long legs (general impression from 2nd photo), auburn hair, blue eyes and that you commented that he had a "projecting occiput and is dolichocephalic" and a "spindily fellow", are all characteristically nordid. The overall angular appearance of the head (mostly visible in 2nd photo), high forehead, thin lips and defined brow ridges is where the Anglo Saxon comes in.

In addition, a few people menitoned seeing a CM element (I got the same impression), and www.theapricity.com, describes the Anglo Saxon type as essentially being an Iron Age Hallstatt Nordid mixed with Cromagnid elements. (Source: http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/rg-anglo.htm).

There is a good chance the Anglo Saxon influence comes from the small percentage of English heritage in your great grandfather, but it also could be an element from the German side as well. It's kind of hard to tell, since the Anglo Saxon element is present in both nationalities. Kuehn sounds like a German surname.

Funding Member
    „Friend of Germanics”
    Last Online
    Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 @ 02:56 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Country
    Confederate States Confederate States
    State
    Tennessee Tennessee
    Single adult
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I'm no expert, but as an educated guess I would say he is a Nordid with possibly some Anglo Saxon influence. So far, I agree with the consenses that he is mostly Nordid, but I also think he could be a member of the Anglo Saxon type as well. The head height, narrow nose, long legs (general impression from 2nd photo), auburn hair, blue eyes and that you commented that he had a "projecting occiput and is dolichocephalic" and a "spindily fellow", are all characteristically nordid. The overall angular appearance of the head (mostly visible in 2nd photo), high forehead, thin lips and defined brow ridges is where the Anglo Saxon comes in.

In addition, a few people menitoned seeing a CM element (I got the same impression), and www.theapricity.com, describes the Anglo Saxon type as essentially being an Iron Age Hallstatt Nordid mixed with Cromagnid elements. (Source: http://www.theapricity.com/snpa/rg-anglo.htm).

There is a good chance the Anglo Saxon influence comes from the small percentage of English heritage in your great grandfather, but it also could be an element from the German side as well. It's kind of hard to tell, since the Anglo Saxon element is present in both nationalities. Kuehn sounds like a German surname.
    It is, it means:

1. from a short form of any of the medieval German names containing as a first element Old High German kuoni ‘bold’, ‘daring’, ‘experienced’, or chunni ‘tribe’, ‘race’, ‘people’. The distinction became blurred at an early date. By far the most common such name is Konrad.
    2. In some cases, no doubt, it is a nickname derived directly from Middle High German küene ‘bold’.

His main lineage comes out of Baden-Württemberg, along with the majority of his ancestors.

I initially listed the 18.75% Prussian as separate as I'm not sure if all his Prussian ancestors were derived from the German settlers, or if there's some native Prussian buried deep in there. Rhinelander's make up the last fraction of his German ancestry. With Prussian included his ancestry is about 93.75% German derived.

Despite the minimal British admixture, he and his kin still identified as "Penn. German", even after the language and Mennonite religion got phased out, he knew some of the language from what my late grandmother used to state about him, but the language fell out of fluent use before him.