Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hello Guys

I've done a lot of ancestry work and I picked my forum name from the most distant ancestor I could trace.

Rynold Wynterwade Year of 1066

I joined the forum because,

(I think I have an interesting perspective for how I went from ultra liberal to join this forum).

I grew up in a very multicultural area, and 100% of my best friends are minorities still to this day. After growing up with them I’ve encountered some things that just really started to piss me off. Things that only their best friends would learn. Out of my 5 best friends (who are all eastern Asian) 4 told me, separately, that they only want to date white girls. This really blew my mind because I’d been raised up thinking all races can be equally attractive. So I asked one of them “why do you think like this?” He told me that women from his own race are not attractive, too short, too dark skinned and have a money obsessed, sort of racist- mentality (ironically exactly like himself). I asked the other three (all East Asian), separately, and - shockingly- they told me practically the exact same thing- "eyes are too squinty", "they look too dark", "white girls look the best", "I like blue eyes best". In fact, 2 even told me that they only want to date blondes. (2 told me their parents dyed their skin white when they were babies to look whiter as an adult - sad). My only Asian best friend that didn’t want to date white girls had just recently changed his mind from breaking up with a white girl. As college came 3 of my 4 Asian friends that wanted white girlfriend’s eventually got white girlfriends and after hanging out with them all together, I suspect that their girlfriends have no idea their underlying self hating reasons for dating them. The whole thing simply disgusts me. I suspect that while some minorities will not admit it (at least to people who aren’t their best friends) most do deep down feel this way. And many probably try to hide their sense of self hatred and white attraction by being in denial about it (ahem….Tiger Woods). I remember once my Asian friend told his girlfriend he was attracted to her personality, yet privately behind her back, told me that he hates her and only likes her looks and sleeping with her. And of course, the white girls they are dating will never know this. By hanging out with them I slowly began to grow animosity towards their way of thinking and developed a sort of modest pride in my own ancestry. As time went on I grew to admire the pride in my one Asian friend that changed his mind and now loves his own people.

2) In college, I decided to take a class on Poverty and Inequality. This class changed the whole way I view race and how it fits into society. We studied how immigration decreases the wages of workers. We studied affirmative action, where Mexicans and blacks can take college spots from other higher scoring whites and Asians. We studied the increasingly large amount of illegitimate births- especially the black community where illegitimate births account for 70% of their children and still increasing! That coupled with the amount of single mothers in the black community puts a massive strain on welfare. Blacks score lower on college exams, take easier majors in college which in turn lead to less paying jobs- yet they still argue that there is inequality because they are paid less. (This is the same argument used by feminists). We studied how race is related to IQ, education, illegitimate children, divorce, prison, number of children. I could go on and on, but I guess I’ll save that for later posts. (This class has probably faded from most universities over the years by complaints and a need to concentrate the curriculum on other areas).

The thing about college that really ticked me off was when my very liberal anthropology teacher taught us “no one culture is better than another”. (They wanted me to think that a nomadic polygamist from Somalia is equal in cultural value to a man from Japan that honors respect and modesty). In a quest to find more information I searched the internet for racial differences, cultural differences and came to this site a couple times and finally decided to become a member. I hate that this has become a bit of a taboo subject.

In time, I’ve grown proud of my ancestry (spent 300 hours on my family tree), and developed an interest in old English Literature. While I still think that it’s important to judge by character rather than race- I think it’s also important to preserve your heritage and who you are. I’ll do both.

I hope to post some of what I learned from my class on here and I do think you guys would greatly appreciate it- considering how factual and relevant it is to so many countries in the west today. My teacher wrote a book about race differences and capitalism. (studied it for 50 years and taught us every major point).

Last Online
    Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 @ 09:05 PM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Switzerland, England, Ukraine, ...
    Subrace
    Unsure
    Country
    United States United States
    with my soulmate
    Occupation
    a nice guy
    Politics
    ethnic national-anarchism
    Religion
    pagan science
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hello and welcome to Skadi Wynterwade!

Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago @ 05:02 AM
    Status
    Available
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ancestry
    USA, UK, Germany, Doggerland
    Country
    Australia Australia
    State
    Queensland Queensland
    Grandparent
    Occupation
    Retired
    Politics
    Self Determined and Governed
    Religion
    Proto-Heathen
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynterwade View Post
    I've done a lot of ancestry work and I picked my forum name from the most distant ancestor I could trace.

Rynold Wynterwade Year of 1066
    Hi and welcome to the forum!

I would be interested in seeing your ancestry line if you would care to share it.
    My Blood Remains Pure
    Y-DNA
    L48/S162 (ISOGG), 3,000 ybp Frisia or Doggerland
    Mt-DNA:
    K1a4* (23andMe), 3,000-4,000 ybp Germanic

Last Online
    Sunday, August 8th, 2010 @ 04:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    Swedish, Scottish, German
    Country
    United States United States
    State
    Michigan Michigan
    Single adult
    Occupation
    guitar instructor
    Politics
    I hate politics.
    Religion
    CI
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's interesting hearing about that class you took about poverty. My sociology professor at WSU explained to us that whites would be coloring our skin yellow and having surgery to slant our eyes if asians were the dominant race on the planet! Keep in mind though, this is coming from a young black man who seemed to have very little knowledge of sociology, and very little sense in general.

Welcome.

Account Inactive
    Last Online
    Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 @ 09:29 PM
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Mainly Yorkshire
    Country
    England England
    State
    Yorkshire Yorkshire
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Welcome!

My username is also the name of my most distant ancestor (yours is a little bit further back in time, though. Mine was born circa 1515).

Last Online
    Monday, February 6th, 2012 @ 08:41 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-American
    Ancestry
    England, Germany
    Subrace
    Atlantid
    Country
    Vinland Vinland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well my German ancestors (mostly from the south) fled during two times.
    1) The war during the 1700's
    2) When Napoleon and Russia were fighting in the early 1800's

My English ancestors came over
    1) Pilgrims on the mayflower and other boats
    2) Farmers to the Southern US

My Scottish ancestors came over
    1) Because they were protestant and got free land
    2) As prisoners during wars when they fought England

My Irish Ancestors came over
    1) Because of the Potato famine

I also have ancestors from
    1)Peru- Of Spanish ancestry who escaped when the Peruvian government was overthrown in the 1830's.
    2) France- Hugenots fleeing the French Religious wars where they would go house to house killing all protestant families 1500's moved to Belgium and Netherlands.
    3)Switzerland-
    4) Belgium and the Netherlands- (married into the French Huguenots)

Micahel G, I am interested in how you were able to find your Y-DNA and mT DNA. How do you do that?