Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In a steady relationship
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grin Please Classify the Funny Rhys Darby

Rhys Montague Darby (born 21 March 1974) is a stand-up comedian from New Zealand, Hair self-described as Electric Copper , height 5'10

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Again not the best pictures for classification. So far I say:
    Keltic Nordid and Alpinid/Borreby or "all three together". Is there any profile view available?

Last Online
    Saturday, March 7th, 2020 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian+Serbian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Freiheit für Süd-Tirol
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why not just classify him as an unmasculine looking Keltid Nordid? Aren't there other determinants i.e. other genetic, lifestyle or hormonal factors that should be taken into account for a persons phenotype?

Last Online
    Saturday, August 25th, 2012 @ 03:19 AM
    Status
    Brief Absence
    Ethnicity
    European
    Subrace
    Atlantid-Keltic Nordid
    Country
    Other Other
    State
    Schaumburg-Lippe Schaumburg-Lippe
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Why not just classify him as an unmasculine looking Keltid Nordid?
    Why do you think he is unmasculine looking? He has no Superman-face , sure, but especially unmasculine? I don't think so.

Aren't there other determinants i.e. other genetic, lifestyle or hormonal factors that should be taken into account for a persons phenotype?
    For a person's phenotype (a term in which many factors such as race, body type, social type etc. overlap) yes, but for classification purposes, we have to see the typical elements and therefore to prescind from rather circumstantial elements, because in the context of a classification it's all about determining a basic racial type, not making a personality profile. However, I have to admit that I personally do not always respect these boundaries when making a classification, but these circumstantial elements should never become the main issue. When classifying a person, the three most basic elements are: kephalic index, pigmentation and height (if one or more of these elements are missing, you can only make a tendentially rather less educated guess from impression, such a "method" requiring a certain minimal amount of experience). From there on, you can then proceed to the morphology of the face and single facial traits, body type etc.

A typology is always an abstraction, a synthetical approach (in opposition to the analytical approach looking for basic elements and describing a phenotype by specifying and adding-up every single element it is consisting of.

In German language, there is the word "Gestaltsehen" for the synthetical approach looking for the characteristic, the "typical" in every phenotype. As I already tried to explain ( if I'm not mistaken it was on Thiazi), Kretschmer for instance used a rather synthetical approach, whereas Sheldon was more analytical (in his view, every type is combined out of three basic elements, ektomorphy, mesomorphy and endomorphy,whereas the types only differ by the absolute and relative weight of these elements). Strictu sensu, Sheldon's approach isn't a typology anymore, because he sees every phenotype as a combination of his three basic elements, whereas a certain phenotype can result from a combination of two basic elements, but not necessarily so (what he sees as a result of combination of two or more elements could in fact be something as elementary as these elements or something completely different).

I hope I made myself clear enough (my English was better once, but nowadays, I don't exercise it regularly enough) and didn't go too far off topic. Please note that this is just a layman's point of view. Better wait for the better schooled for more accurate information.

Last Online
    Saturday, March 7th, 2020 @ 02:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    Austrian+Serbian
    Subrace
    Atlanto-Nordid
    Family
    Single adult
    Politics
    Freiheit für Süd-Tirol
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What I meant was that he is lacking more mature features, he also has a high voice, as opposed to Jermaine Clement, who exhibits more "grown-up" characteristics. Sure I understand where you're coming from, you need a word to classify a collection of physical traits, either a1 or a place name, to distinguish etc. But nutrition and environment play a large role as well, as shown by this example of identical twins who grew up under different circumstances:

So yes, I understand typological classification is somewhat of a generalization when referring to phenotypes, however small factors seem to make the difference between a UP type or mix and a less robust phenotype such as the Borreby or Nordic types. So I think he is essentially nordic, but not as "matured" as the ideal nordic or in this case keltic type. But I guess I could just suspend this idea for classification purposes.

Your english is excellent, btw.